best find on ebay...

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
dublins post got me thinking...

what are some of you guys best find on e-bay?...they dont have to even be music related.

i would say one of mine was the original pressing of hi scores from from skam...got it for really cheap and it was in GREAT condition...

Dayvan Cowboy
my sony 20GB player .
my 6.6mega pixal camera.
2GB san disk memeory card for my phone for like 20 euro!!

also my boc kolidascope (spelt wrong)

other things aswell but thats what popped in me head as very lucky and good buys!

Dayvan Cowboy
boardsofdublin wrote:my sony 20GB player .
my 6.6mega pixal camera.

other things aswell but thats what popped in me head as very lucky and good buys!

damn...

i really want a boc kalidescope...i just never have the jack when they are on ebay...

Dayvan Cowboy
My old worn down Juno-6 that I've had for a few years.. it's noisy and nasty.

A BoC vinyl collection.

An Intellivision console / peripheral / game collection. Basically everything released for the Intellivision evar.

Dayvan Cowboy
wwbjd wrote:My old worn down Juno-6 that I've had for a few years.. it's noisy and nasty.

A BoC vinyl collection.

An Intellivision console / peripheral / game collection. Basically everything released for the Intellivision evar.

intellivision...how vintage and lovely....that juno6 how much did that run you??

Dayvan Cowboy
The Other wrote:intellivision...how vintage and lovely....that juno6 how much did that run you??

It was back in I think 1997 or 1998. Wish I could look that up :)

I'll say around 100-150, though I believe they're roughly 400-500 now (?) Depending on condition of course.

Sherbet Head
Just about everything i've bought on ebay was a good deal, if it wasn't what would be the point, ya know? I recently got a Black Diamond mountianeering tent for cheap. Also have been picking up Patagonia and Marmot outerwear for the winter season at ridiculously below retail prices.....My G&L L2000 bass was a steal too. Damn, i've been using ebay for 7 or 8 years now.

Sherbet Head
The Other wrote:
my 6.6mega pixal camera.

damn...

i really want a boc kalidescope...i just never have the jack when they are on ebay...

I have one that I want to get rid of, really no point to it once you've looked through it a bunch. I'll probably miss it when its' gone, but oh well. Any offers?

Dayvan Cowboy
steve-o wrote:Just about everything i've bought on ebay was a good deal, if it wasn't what would be the point, ya know? I recently got a Black Diamond mountianeering tent for cheap. Also have been picking up Patagonia and Marmot outerwear for the winter season at ridiculously below retail prices.....My G&L L2000 bass was a steal too. Damn, i've been using ebay for 7 or 8 years now.

yeah yeah i know...but i mean something that was just an incredible find...

like i found this old univox analog drum machine that sold for really cheap...now when i look for them on there they are WAY more expensive....diamond in the ruff, needle in the haystack kind of shit...

Dayvan Cowboy
steve-o wrote:
The Other wrote:
my 6.6mega pixal camera.

damn...

I have one that I want to get rid of, really no point to it once you've looked through it a bunch. I'll probably miss it when its' gone, but oh well. Any offers?

i bet you paid a nice penny for it, so i probably could match what you paid.

Dayvan Cowboy
Which Univox drum machine?!

I didn't know they had any before they became Korg (unless it's a different company?)

Dayvan Cowboy
wwbjd wrote:Which Univox drum machine?!

I didn't know they had any before they became Korg (unless it's a different company?)

yeah they have several...but this is the one..

and i dont know if they were a different company either...

Dayvan Cowboy
That's sexy.

Telepath
The Other wrote:Image

drool :o

Sherbet Head

It's a 1960's Grundig reel to reel. BOC is rumored to use a similiar model for creating some nostalgic effects. He listed that his one attempt to record with it failed. But I took a chance and bought it anyways for $30 total. I got it in the mail, and the only thing that doesnt work is the microphone that came with it. Hook up any other mic and it works great!

Dayvan Cowboy
Where's the magic eye on that model?

Dayvan Cowboy
jonnyjj74 wrote:Image

It's a 1960's Grundig reel to reel. BOC is rumored to use a similiar model for creating some nostalgic effects. He listed that his one attempt to record with it failed. But I took a chance and bought it anyways for $30 total. I got it in the mail, and the only thing that doesnt work is the microphone that came with it. Hook up any other mic and it works great!

what a fuckin steal! i wanna hear something you have recorded with it...

Sherbet Head
The Other wrote:
steve-o wrote:Just about everything i've bought on ebay was a good deal, if it wasn't what would be the point, ya know? I recently got a Black Diamond mountianeering tent for cheap. Also have been picking up Patagonia and Marmot outerwear for the winter season at ridiculously below retail prices.....My G&L L2000 bass was a steal too. Damn, i've been using ebay for 7 or 8 years now.

yeah yeah i know...but i mean something that was just an incredible find...

like i found this old univox analog drum machine that sold for really cheap...now when i look for them on there they are WAY more expensive....diamond in the ruff, needle in the haystack kind of shit...

Ah, got ya. Hmmm. I got a Kawai S-5000(?) for about $300 bux, it goes for about $800 i think, well at least that's what I sold it for.

That drum machine looks like an old clock radio or something. Sweet. I've been looking for a Grundig too, but they get up there. And you never know if they are going to give you the "effect" you want. Most people will say how great it still works and how wonderful it sounds. I wish someone would just say "ok, this thing sounds like crap, all warbily and hissy" i'd buy THAT one.

Dayvan Cowboy
steve-o wrote:I wish someone would just say "ok, this thing sounds like crap, all warbily and hissy" i'd buy THAT one.

Haha.

That would probably end up going for much more than it should.

Dayvan Cowboy
yeah youre right...all the twoismers would be outbidding each other...

Next

Return to The Playground