Switch to full style
Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.
Post a reply

What cartoons do you enjoy?

Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:04 am

To all of you out there, what animated shorts, series, or films do you enjoy? I personally really like the 20th century works from the NFB, and a lot of more obscure shows from the 90s and early 2000s, such as Moomin or a Mission Hill.

Re: What cartoons do you enjoy?

Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:21 am

Aw man i loved the Moomins. Always glad to watch some Peanuts and Ren & Stimpy, but anything animated before the 2000s really.

Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:36 pm

Ha! I remember Mission Hill. Great show. My best friend in middle school's name was Kevin French. I didn't watch the show until after I moved away though. So I couldn't make fun of him about it.
I used to watch that along with Clone High and Undergrads.

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:57 pm

Venture Bros.

Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:46 pm

Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:55 am

I think you can tell with my profile pic and my username that I like Wunschpunsch and SpongeBob. :P Other cartoons I like are OK K.O. Let's Be Heroes, Over the Garden Wall, Pickle and Peanut (hot take), Bunnicula, Gumball and Teen Titans Go (another hot take).

I'm probably forgetting a lot more. :lol:

Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:22 pm

Cupz wrote:Image
did you ever watch the abridged series? it's funneh :)

Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:40 am

747Music wrote:Ha! I remember Mission Hill. Great show. My best friend in middle school's name was Kevin French. I didn't watch the show until after I moved away though. So I couldn't make fun of him about it.
I used to watch that along with Clone High and Undergrads.

Clone high and Undergrads were great, it's a shame so many good cartoons from the 2000s were so short lived.

Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:53 am

Echo the Sun wrote:did you ever watch the abridged series? it's funneh :)

I've seen it yes, it's quite hilarious. Though the original series is just as funny to me :P

Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:55 pm

Cupz wrote:
Echo the Sun wrote:did you ever watch the abridged series? it's funneh :)

I've seen it yes, it's quite hilarious. Though the original series is just as funny to me :P
:D

Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:27 am

Personally I enjoy Bojack Horseman, great show, wish they made more seasons

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:57 pm

Adventure Time will forever have my heart <3

Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:17 am

That moment when it's been two months and you still love Wunschpunsch.

My Squidward crossover with it is also really fun. Too bad I can't draw or write stupid shit with it.

Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:38 pm

Torn n Frayed wrote:Venture Bros.

Oh not anymore; they had the nerve to put some twisted eyewideshut take off in this week episode ,full on sexual ritual shown, on TV; even thought it would be 'edgy' to put in Orphan sushi as a plot point. I am done with the show bc of this. ABSOLUTELY BANG OUTTA ORDER. :cry:

Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:11 am

oh gosh, well i kinda like this one web cartoon and i did look it up, no one seems to know of it, but it's called "there she is!!"
it's one of those "no dialogue, but visuals and music" animations and it's korean

(though before you assume it's mostly k-pop, it's actually k-rock with like a thingy. fun fact: one of the songs is a followup to john lennon's imagine.)

now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go hunt down an original CD copy of hi scores.

Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:14 pm

The kind we can imitate without dreaming.

Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:03 pm

phpBB [media]

Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:49 am

I'm gonna killed for this, but I've always had a distaste for Ren and Stimpy. For me, it's too crass and ugly to look at. :P

Thought I'd share this little hot take, hope anyone doesn't mind since I tend to get controversial responses whenever I mention this elsewhere XD

Also looking back I realized Chowder is also iconic, same with good ol Charlie Brown and the Peanuts Gang.

Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:19 pm

Courage The Cowardly Dog!

Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:52 pm

2020k wrote:Courage The Cowardly Dog!

Same!
Was quite a fan of Dexter's Lab and the Powerpuff Girls, too.
Post a reply