What cartoons do you enjoy?

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
Yeah, I am no fanatic by any stretch of the imagination. The Adult Party cartoon, for example, completely lacked restraint. It was terrible. 'Gross out for the sake of gross out' type stuff. It was the nightmarish, surreal qualities found in the first few seasons of the Nickelodeon cartoon that grabbed my attention. The use of reversed classical music, horror soundtrack music, intensely detailed and uncomfortable sound design, and the bizarre '1940's cartoons on acid' animation. Some of these things are what drew me to Boards of Canada in the first place.

So, you are saying Spongebob has been going in this direction? I may have to check that out!

Posts Quantity
Oh yeah, if I were to watch either the original R&S or Adult Party Cartoon, I'd take the original in a heartbeat.

And yes, since the episodes that aired in Summer 2015 to now, the style has slowly changed from the style Post-Movie had into the more cartoony, fluid, expressive era which a lot of people enjoy. It has stunning animation I will say but hoping for another change soon lel. The characters are so wacky now. XD Though not surprising this style is seen since it has Bob Jacques doing animation directing every few eps now, plus storyboard artists such as Bob Camp and Kelly Armstrong, and Vincent Waller (who's been on SpongeBob since the beginning) is current showrunner along with someone from the Post Movie era.
That Squidward crossover guy and Plaid fanatic. ALSO FUCK IM SORRY HAVENT BEEN INACTIVE ON HERE I'VE BEEN USING WATMM MORE :(
Rateyourmusic account: https://rateyourmusic.com/~PrezSquid
WATMM account: https://forum.watmm.com/profile/23101-p ... squidward/

Happy Cycler
This fella's work is always delightful.

phpBB [media]

Posts Quantity
I've been watching Eek! the Cat lately with friends after being interested on giving the show a spin (I've been aware of it for quite some time). I've only seen 3 episodes so far but I'm loving it and will be marathoning some more soon.

it may be my next stupid Squidward crossover hobby but even so I'll always love the Wunschpunsch crossover more :P
That Squidward crossover guy and Plaid fanatic. ALSO FUCK IM SORRY HAVENT BEEN INACTIVE ON HERE I'VE BEEN USING WATMM MORE :(
Rateyourmusic account: https://rateyourmusic.com/~PrezSquid
WATMM account: https://forum.watmm.com/profile/23101-p ... squidward/

Sherbet Head
King of the Hill is real nice. I grew up similar to the style of it. Mike Judge is someone I want to shake hands with so bad. Beavis and Butthead is so fuckin' funny too.

I know it's not for everyone but I actually really fucking love South Park...... modern South Park has its kinks to work out but I do think it's good stuff. Trey Parker and Matt Stone are a sudden but refreshing dichotomy to BoC, very very weirdly enough. Both excruciatingly different. Both have a lot to say.

Dayvan Cowboy
Believe it or not, I'm a massive Summer Camp Island fan. I have grown out of watching early teens programs but I tape it off CBBC (Children's BBC) whenever it's on, possibly because of a fondness for the channel but mainly for the show.
I could endlessly go on about how the aesthetics of this series just click with me. From the voice cast to the characters they fit like a glove to, with each individual feeling real (now that shows fantastic storytelling), I just wouldn't change a thing about it. :D
Became my guilty pleasure watch, but less guilt, more... escapism!

As for others more my age orientated, a UK freeview channel called E4 (offbranch of Channel 4) airs a couple of hours of Adult Swim on weekdays. I've tuned in to watch Rick and Morty as it was airing live a couple of times, also caught some Robot Chicken in the wee small hours when I really should've been catching zzz's... (I then wake up at 3am to the canned laughter of Sheldon Cooper and his Big Bang Theory re-runs in my face.)

Related, also Harley Quinn with Kaley Cuoco as Harl was something I'd never admit to watching religiously but I did. :P

Friendly Stranger
XRA, Squidbillies, athf , king star king, and superjail, fuck most to all early 2000s adult swim is kino. Anyone else got a fav adult swim bump/show???

Sherbet Head
starfat wrote:XRA, Squidbillies, athf , king star king, and superjail, fuck most to all early 2000s adult swim is kino. Anyone else got a fav adult swim bump/show???

Aww what about Futurama????
Superjail is niiiiice
What do you mean, Squibillies and Aqua Teen Hunger Force are the same thing

Previous

Return to The Playground