This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
I suppose what I'm saying is that what he says appears as such common sense (particularly about history), that it's a tragedy that his views are not more widely held. Why does intelligence and wisdom appear to be such an anomaly in today's world? It's fucking tragic.

Happy Cycler
You're totally right, I think peoples priorities have changed.. less focus on gaining experience and wisdom, in favour of more superficial pursuits.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Happy Cycler

Posts Quantity

Dayvan Cowboy
theyre finally gonnae paint the fences in the vicky park

Great to bump into old Rikkiebags down at the polling station tonight. Twoism exercising it's democratic right! 8)

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Voting; done.

I can now legitimately moan about politics.

Sorry everyone ;)

Happy Cycler
I voted Green, because there isn't any point in politics if we do not have a planet to live on.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Sherbet Head
fujee wrote:I voted Green, because there isn't any point in politics if we do not have a planet to live on.

that was deep.

Dayvan Cowboy
took friday off there for a long weekend away! roisin finished university - on her birthday - and my parents had us tag along on a road trip to Galway in Ireland. lovely place. also, met fellow Twoism'er Ciaran Byrne (ross adey) for a pint (or three). successful weekend!

although roisin sat on my glasses too so that aint so good :P ive been needing a new pair for a while anyway... it isnt such a bad thing, right..? D:

Sherbet Head
does anyone in the UK know about the rules if you hit another car from behind??

today i drove into the back of someone who braked suddenly. the actual driver didnt seem bothered that id done it, he checked his car and the boot, i asked if it was ok he said yes (not a single mark on my car or his) and never asked for insurance details so i didnt provide. i apologised and all that shit and he shrugged the incident off. it was in a queue of traffic so i wasnt going fast anyway.

his fruitcake wife however screamed in my face when i got out of my car to go talk to him, and proceeded to shout at me the entire time i was stood there talking to him, along with her equally hormonal gobby daughter. she stopped a pedestrian to tell him that i had just "drove into her fucking car" but there wasnt a scratch on it and the guy looked pretty bewildered. probably because she was frothing at the mouth but who knows.

anyway the actual driver was fine for me to leave, im an idiot and didnt take a photo of his fucking pristine unmarked car but im wondering if the ball and chain might report me for hitting the car still? and then not providing insurance details or something? i didnt give them my name or address (my usual approach to psychotic people) but im worried she's got the numberplate or something.

ive literally never encountered such a drama queen. all parties unhurt, both cars seemingly as they were before it happened, and she's screaming in my face? what a lucky man her husband is. groan.

Happy Cycler
If the car isn't damaged, there's nothing for insurance to pay for. Might have been an idea to hand over details anyway, but if the driver (who was legally responsible for the car at the time) didn't want them, then there's nothing you can do - I wouldn't worry about it.

I'd be willing to guess that Mrs Shouty got involved because she might be a bit shaken AND she's just seen her husband telling a young woman who hit her car that there's nothing to worry about. I'd stick a tenner on her *not* getting involved if you were a 40yr old bloke.

I wouldn't let it worry you.

One thing though - *dadface on* - if you bump your car, never admit liability St the scene. You'll be fine in this case, but in future just in case things get insurance-y or legal-y.

I work in insurance, including motor. Lou - ping me a reminder about this later and I'll give you some advise if I can :wink:

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
A_Northern_Soul wrote:If the car isn't damaged, there's nothing for insurance to pay for. Might have been an idea to hand over details anyway, but if the driver (who was legally responsible for the car at the time) didn't want them, then there's nothing you can do - I wouldn't worry about it.

I'd be willing to guess that Mrs Shouty got involved because she might be a bit shaken AND she's just seen her husband telling a young woman who hit her car that there's nothing to worry about. I'd stick a tenner on her *not* getting involved if you were a 40yr old bloke.

I wouldn't let it worry you.

One thing though - *dadface on* - if you bump your car, never admit liability St the scene. You'll be fine in this case, but in future just in case things get insurance-y or legal-y.

thank you for being so helpful! i appreciate the advice. especially about liability :s no one ever told me that before :s that explains why everyone always looks pissed off with eachother at the side of the road is it?

i will try and stop worrying, will probably feel better after a good sleep!

by the way,

A_Northern_Soul wrote: I'd be willing to guess that Mrs Shouty got involved because she might be a bit shaken AND she's just seen her husband telling a young woman who hit her car that there's nothing to worry about. I'd stick a tenner on her *not* getting involved if you were a 40yr old bloke.

:lol: :lol: :lol: yeah when you put it like that it's obvious

mexican wave i messaged you :)

I know - I just replied!! lol

Slow down...

Boqurant
witch house?

I cannot keep up with genres.
“The most exquisite paradox… as soon as you give it all up, you can have it all. As long as you want power, you can't have it. The minute you don't want power, you'll have more than you ever dreamed possible.”
― Ram Dass

Count Chroma: https://soundcloud.com/countchroma

Happy Cycler
The only witch house artist I know is Grimes?

Boqurant
I found out through her, but here some more info -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch_hous ... c_genre%29
“The most exquisite paradox… as soon as you give it all up, you can have it all. As long as you want power, you can't have it. The minute you don't want power, you'll have more than you ever dreamed possible.”
― Ram Dass

Count Chroma: https://soundcloud.com/countchroma

Happy Cycler
Big shout out to everyone laying kitchen flooring at 10.30 on a Wednesday night! *air horn*

Sherbet Head
A_Northern_Soul wrote:Big shout out to everyone laying kitchen flooring at 10.30 on a Wednesday night! *air horn*

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground