This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler

Eagle Minded
Negamuse wrote:The river is frozen

Bingo!
Mexicola wrote:Marcus had that beard and longer hair waaaaay back.

phpBB [media]

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
Mexicola wrote:
phpBB [media]

Holy shit that's amazing lol :lol:
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Dayvan Cowboy
I am trapped in my living room as there was a giant huntsman spider between my bedsheets upstairs. Alone at the moment. Does anyone who lives within a few hours of London want to help me out and come and hunt this motherf**ing self-important freeloading arachnid that has ruined my entire week and forced me to vacate the entire upstairs? Compensation will be arranged for both travel and work and a cup of tea *exactly* how you want it will be made upon your arrival.

(joking but not joking if someone will genuinely help)

Man up! (Glass+paper)*Openwindow=success!

Failing that, put a saddle on it and call it Trigger. Hey presto! Instant eight legged pony.

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
Mexicola wrote:Failing that, put a saddle on it and call it Trigger. Hey presto! Instant eight legged pony.

For some reason, this made me envision the intro to some nonexistent 70s/80s TV programme in which Valotonin rides a giant spider into the sunset while cheesy acoustic guitar and synth music plays in the background
Mexicola wrote:Marcus had that beard and longer hair waaaaay back.

Dayvan Cowboy
Cosmic Manta wrote:
Mexicola wrote:Failing that, put a saddle on it and call it Trigger. Hey presto! Instant eight legged pony.

For some reason, this made me envision the intro to some nonexistent 70s/80s TV programme in which Valotonin rides a giant spider into the sunset while cheesy acoustic guitar and synth music plays in the background

:mrgreen:

Dayvan Cowboy
I went in full ninja gear covered head to toe in clothing and armed with a vacuum cleaner to reclaim my PC and my guitar to relocate everything to the small room where the laundry gets hung out. Trigger has gone into hiding somewhere under my bed. Considering the intensity of my fear of spiders, I would call that a minor victory. In other cases I have forsaken an entire section of the house for upwards of seven days before including all of the items inside.

Sherbet Head
I hope your case of the howling fantods passes soon, Val.

Eagle Minded
*looks up huntsman spider*

welp, val, you're braver than me, cuz i would leave the country

Telepath
Eeek! Didn't know those were on this side of the globe! Kill it with fire!

I don't think they are? Suspect he just means a large house spider. Which, to be fair to him, are plenty 'orrible enough in my opinion, albeit less harmful.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:I don't think they are? Suspect he just means a large house spider. Which, to be fair to him, are plenty 'orrible enough in my opinion, albeit less harmful.

Mexi is right, I meant a hunting spider as opposed to a web-weaving one. It was just a rather Gigantic house spider.

Mexi pulls Mod card and removes photo of enormo-spider. Sorry Val, I don't mind them in YOUR house, all the way over there with YOU, crashing out from behind YOUR sofa and drinking YOUR beer. Otherwise, they can f*%$ right off.

Dayvan Cowboy

Mexi pulls Mod card and removes photo of enormo-spider. Sorry Val, I don't mind them in YOUR house, all the way over there with YOU, crashing out from behind YOUR sofa and drinking YOUR beer. Otherwise, they can f*%$ right off.

:lol:

I had a feeling that picture wouldn't last long.
F**king terrifying, isn't it?

THAT episode of Black Mirror.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:THAT episode of Black Mirror.

Which, Is there one that I am not aware of that I have missed a reference to or is this unrelated to previous discussion?

Latest series. One about the video game that uses neural implants to find your deepest fears and project them into a super-real VR experience.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:Latest series. One about the video game that uses neural implants to find your deepest fears and project them into a super-real VR experience.

Oh Christ!

I think I had been subconsciously suppressing the memory of that episode. Very messed up, particularly the ending.

Eagle Minded
they say that peeps are either scared of spiders, snakes, or neither, but never both. im definitely afraid of spiders, but i could kiss a snake :3 so for me it's true

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground