This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
predator/prey

at least look at our pretty pictures, won't you?
-

Happy Cycler
TTK - your Grandad sounds wise; you should listen to him ;)

Happy Cycler
Strangest ending to a news story ever, if it turns out the missing airliner was found by Courtney Love...

https://twitter.com/noiseymusic/status/ ... 0241796096

Happy Cycler
She should stick to inheritance fraud.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Look, I realise it's not big and it's not clever, but I have to honest and admit that it's taking ever ounce of self control, every fibre of my supposed adult maturity to NOT reply to this with the stunningly unfunny and morally dubious post of: 'Nice Tats'.

Does this make me a bad person?!? I'm a married Father too... :oops:

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
I'm not for tattoos in any way shape or form.

at least on me. If someone else wants to ruin their body then let em.

I mean I can talk though, drinking coke and eating McDonalds. Brilliant decision bruv.

The Telepathic Kid wrote:I'm not for tattoos in any way shape or form.

I mean I can talk though, drinking coke and eating McDonalds. Brilliant decision bruv.

It was less a statement about my views on tattoos (I think these ^^ are henna tattoos anyway?) and more a somewhat smutty play on words on my part :wink:

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
Mexicola, I wish I had people in my news feed posting their BoC tattoos :cry:

Lol - it's in the BOC FB feed, not mine :wink:

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy

Agreed.

Mexicola wrote:It was less a statement about my views on tattoos (I think these ^^ are henna tattoos anyway?) and more a somewhat smutty play on words on my part :wink:

Oh. Heh. I hadn't actually realized that. Ugh. I like your mind. ;)
Valotonin wrote:Celebrate collapse because it will be beautiful x

Happy Cycler
*Roger Moore eyebrow*

Sid James says...

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Mexicola wrote:Sid James says...

Jesus H. Christ :shock:
Last edited by fujee on Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Happy Cycler

Fair enough. You bash something that some others might see as a decorative way to add individuality to themselves but then tackle yourself afterwards. I don't get the correlation but whatever, because drinking coke and eating McDonalds will probably impact your health heavily over time, while some ink will not.

On another note: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2ilYSk ... e=youtu.be
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

i know a song
i know a s
know a s
know a s
know a song to sing
on this dark night
on this dark n
dark
dark
dark night of rain

it's the song of love

fucking david lynch i love you forever.
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Happy Cycler
So, by a strange sequence of events, I now own two 1991 original Creation pressings of Loveless... don't suppose anyone is the market for one? Vinyl is VG+ (sounds great) and the Sleeve is VG.

Happy Cycler
I'm not bashing tattoo's, Roddy.

If someone wants to get them, then I'm fine with that, that doesn't make me like them less.
I just feel that it will be cool for like 5-10 years, but a 40 year old with a tattoo of something they liked 15 years ago isn't a good look in my opinion.

It's a permanent staple, and as people grow and change, they may not like it and may have different views as they age. I've got nothing wrong with the tattoo in practice, but in principal, it doesn't make sense. Unless you've really thought it out, and a lot of the people I've encountered never really do.

It's just in most cases, people I've met with tattoos are so void of personality and character they need something like a tattoo or an outrageous thing to draw people to them instead of an actual personality. I mean I'll admit it, I'm an old man, but only with stuff like tattoos and clothes and hair colours, stuff like that. I don't hate it, it's just not my thing. People are allowed to do what they wanna do.
I swear, my views aren't so old fashioned.

And I made the fast food comparison not because of health issues, but because of like getting tattoos, you have to live with the consequences of it. They may be regrettable but in the moment, they seem like a good idea.

Sherbet Head
The Telepathic Kid wrote:I'm not bashing tattoo's, Roddy.

If someone wants to get them, then I'm fine with that, that doesn't make me like them less.
I just feel that it will be cool for like 5-10 years, but a 40 year old with a tattoo of something they liked 15 years ago isn't a good look in my opinion.

It's a permanent staple, and as people grow and change, they may not like it and may have different views as they age. I've got nothing wrong with the tattoo in practice, but in principal, it doesn't make sense. Unless you've really thought it out, and a lot of the people I've encountered never really do.

It's just in most cases, people I've met with tattoos are so void of personality and character they need something like a tattoo or an outrageous thing to draw people to them instead of an actual personality. I mean I'll admit it, I'm an old man, but only with stuff like tattoos and clothes and hair colours, stuff like that. I don't hate it, it's just not my thing. People are allowed to do what they wanna do.
I swear, my views aren't so old fashioned.

And I made the fast food comparison not because of health issues, but because of like getting tattoos, you have to live with the consequences of it. They may be regrettable but in the moment, they seem like a good idea.

i actually agree with you a bit. im 26 and tattoos of the tribal sort, or on women generally, i dont find very attractive. or kids names, or any of that shit. just stop. though i have seen a very minute few that i did think, hey thats pretty cool, but only because id never seen it before and it was genuinely amazing artwork. but im not into most designs i see here in the uk, particularly cliches like "what doesnt kill you makes you stronger" massive massive GROAN.

if someone asked me to tattoo that bollocks on them, i would slap them round the face.

and i am yet to see someone over 50 who's tattoo still looks half decent.

but live and let live eh. who cares.

Happy Cycler
Visited Dobbies garden centre for the first time today.

I think it's love...

Dayvan Cowboy
Playing around with guitar and looping technology, combined with the trailer for that Slint doc makes me want to form a band with other people despite my lack of the technical music knowledge that one would require for collaborating with others.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground