This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Telepath
Valotonin wrote:I forget that what I am writing is on a public forum

Same. The forum is so tight-knit it's easy to forget how public and open it is!

Eagle Minded
Thinking about publishing some music soon.

Eagle Minded
Mexicola wrote:What he doesn't realise is this is Logan's Run in forum form. Once he hits 10000 posts the red jewel in his palm starts flashing and he is reincarnated, undergoing Carrousel and being vaporised on the ceiling.

Yes, it is a great honour to be renewed. I am actually the reincarnation of Michael York. He was one of the first users to reach 10K posts on here. What? He escaped and is still alive, you say? The renewal's a scam, you say? You just get vapourized and that's it? Well, I better go find Sanctuary. I wonder if it's WATMM.

Echo the Sun wrote:
Mexicola wrote:What he doesn't realise is this is Logan's Run in forum form. Once he hits 10000 posts the red jewel in his palm starts flashing and he is reincarnated, undergoing Carrousel and being vaporised on the ceiling.

Yes, it is a great honour to be renewed. I am actually the reincarnation of Michael York. He was one of the first users to reach 10K posts on here. What? He escaped and is still alive, you say? The renewal's a scam, you say? You just get vapourized and that's it? Well, I better go find Sanctuary. I wonder if it's WATMM.

:lol:

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
I've bought a few prints from these folk in the past, they've got a new one out which is pretty cool -

https://www.wearedorothy.com/collections/shop-all/products/copy-of-stamp-albums-post-rock

Happy Cycler

This came to me in 2XL instead of XL and as such feels bigger than it need be, but nonetheless entirely worth it so that I can have the entirety of One Very Important Thought on the back of the shirt.

Time to alphabetise my closet.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Dayvan Cowboy
Rodheh wrote:Image

This came to me in 2XL instead of XL and as such feels bigger than it need be, but nonetheless entirely worth it so that I can have the entirety of One Very Important Thought on the back of the shirt.

That is a fucking beautiful T-shirt. I don't think I have seen it in any official Merch collections so is it a fan-made one?

Happy Cycler
Valotonin wrote:

That is a fucking beautiful T-shirt. I don't think I have seen it in any official Merch collections so is it a fan-made one?

100% fan made (the design). Shirt provided by some Gildan 6-pack somewhere in China.

The back is a lot older than the front, which is a font called Chasdimensional Sans Sauce Minor I've made from vectorised letters they wrote out layered atop scaled and cut out images of the original letters at 25% opacity, not the Twoism-era logo exactly, though it's almost identical naturally - I am reluctant to release the font due to the fact you see people still selling Old Tunes reproduction tapes on eBay and I don't want to make that more "authentic".

I tried to be really specific about the placement of the text and the punctuation (or near lack thereof) for effect. "Program" is used in place of "programme" to fit the reader/the album's usage of North American English (guess the band, really, as it's continued to this day).

I'm glad I used the alternate front cover. Originally, I had it looking such that it would fool someone into thinking it was a Discover shirt. I decided to go without the processing at the very last moment.

Also, while my wardrobe is mostly a lot of black, a good amount of brown and some red here and there, this shirt is one that definitely looks best white on black vs. the inverse or with turquoise or something like that.

Happy Cycler
Valotonin wrote:

Gramercy! :D 100% fan made (the design). Shirt provided by some Gildan 6-pack somewhere in China.

The back is a lot older than the front, which is a font called Chasdimensional Sans Sauce Minor I've made from vectorised letters they wrote out layered atop scaled and cut out images of the original letters at 25% opacity, not the Twoism-era logo exactly, though it's almost identical naturally - I am reluctant to release the font due to the fact you see people still selling Old Tunes reproduction tapes on eBay and I don't want to make that more "authentic".

I tried to be really specific about the placement of the text and the punctuation (or near lack thereof) for effect. "Program" is used in place of "programme" to fit the reader/the album's usage of North American English (guess the band, really, as it's continued to this day).

I'm glad I used the alternate front cover. Originally, I had it looking such that it would fool someone into thinking it was a Discover shirt. I decided to go without the processing at the very last moment.

Also, while my wardrobe is mostly a lot of black, a good amount of brown and some red here and there, this shirt is one that definitely looks best white on black vs. the inverse or with turquoise or something like that.

Happy Cycler
That is the first time I have ever seen a double post occur on new (guess it's not really new anymore) Twoism.

Eagle Minded

First ever vinyl I bought outside of BoC's catalogue. I'm soooo happy with it, definitely getting Blue Lines next.

Telepath
https://zwerverinteractive.itch.io/popetown-kisses

Made a little game for a gamejam about growing up, cause that was the theme. Rate if you like :)

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:https://zwerverinteractive.itch.io/popetown-kisses

Made a little game for a gamejam about growing up, cause that was the theme. Rate if you like :)

That music is beautiful, did you make everything yourself?

Like seriously beautiful.

Actually looking forward to a save feature being set up so I can pick up where I left off on it, the atmosphere of it is really nice.

Telepath
Thanks dude! Yes I did everything except for large parts of the girl dialog which Willie wrote (thought that was a good idea as she is an actual girl).

A save feature was beyond the scope of the project, and I'm not looking forward to go back into that hacky piece of garbage I call logic running this game. I'll implement it if I get more requests to do so.

Thanks a lot for playing! Means a lot ^^

Eagle Minded
This is my Twoism account's 10th birthday. 332 posts in 10 years. Man, he's prolific.

Dayvan Cowboy
Echo the Sun wrote:This is my Twoism account's 10th birthday. 332 posts in 10 years. Man, he's prolific.

Christ, Happy birthday man.

Dayvan Cowboy
Out of curiosity, what colour theme do you guys use?
For the sake of my eyes and for the fact I liked the old design a lot I use the blue.

Blue on my phone.
Red on my pc.

Slow down...

Telepath
As much gray on black as possible. Being a creature of the night and staring at code would ruin my eyes otherwise. Sorry twoism, but I'm using my own css files :P

Eagle Minded
Valotonin wrote:
Echo the Sun wrote:This is my Twoism account's 10th birthday. 332 posts in 10 years. Man, he's prolific.

Christ, Happy birthday man.

Thank you. :)

Valotonin wrote:Out of curiosity, what colour theme do you guys use?
For the sake of my eyes and for the fact I liked the old design a lot I use the blue.

I use the board style twoism.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground