This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Telepath
In case anyone was interested, my game came in second. Didn't expect that. :D

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:In case anyone was interested, my game came in second. Didn't expect that. :D

Congrats!

I think it is actually much better than you give it credit for.

Sherbet Head
phpBB [media]

Sherbet Head
phpBB [media]

*BREAKBEAT, PADS, AND RANDOM OOOOH/OOOH-WOOO'S*
IF YOU'RE FOND OF SAND DUNES & SALTY AIR....
....QUAINT LITTLE VILLAGES HERE & THERE.
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Telepath
Lol the fuck happened to my twoism! XD

Made this today, all original models :D

Sherbet Head
I thought I was closing in on finding the source sample for "Telepath". I'm still working on it, although I haven't ruled out the possibility that the male voice counting is artificial.

Dayvan Cowboy
Josh wrote:I thought I was closing in on finding the source sample for "Telepath". I'm still working on it, although I haven't ruled out the possibility that the male voice counting is artificial.

That's rather interesting to hear. That implies that you got somewhere that you perceived to be a close (but not identical) match, oui?

Sherbet Head
Valotonin wrote:
Josh wrote:I thought I was closing in on finding the source sample for "Telepath". I'm still working on it, although I haven't ruled out the possibility that the male voice counting is artificial.

That's rather interesting to hear. That implies that you got somewhere that you perceived to be a close (but not identical) match, oui?

Yeah, I thought maybe I was close, but I guess not. I had just finished reading a book about government experiments in telepathy, telekinesis, remote viewing, ect. It went into detail about several of the leading researchers who did this work, so I started looking for clips on YouTube to see if I could find the man behind the voice of "Telepath".

Dayvan Cowboy
Josh wrote:Yeah, I thought maybe I was close, but I guess not. I had just finished reading a book about government experiments in telepathy, telekinesis, remote viewing, ect. It went into detail about several of the leading researchers who did this work, so I started looking for clips on YouTube to see if I could find the man behind the voice of "Telepath".

I think you are on the right trail. Don't give up the scent.

It is certainly connected, regardless of sample origin, to how different pulses of electricity can be used to alter Alpha, Theta and Delta brainwaves and also how using ECG machines, one can read this data and interpret it. It is getting far more complex than that at the moment though and by attaching nodes to different exterior parts of the skull they can actually replicate an image that someone is looking at in-front of them just through the optical data that passes through the brain. The image comes out rather blurrily, but it is still enough for me to draw a line in the sand. The mind is the first and last freedom a person has, something that should never be intruded upon.

Edit: Hadn't actually seen that you've posted videos above that touch on that subject to a certain degree. Will have a proper look at them.

Eagle Minded
sometimes things are fish, and if they aren't, then they are not fish. this is the way fish work.
Mexicola wrote:Marcus had that beard and longer hair waaaaay back.

Sherbet Head
unless you like fish sticks, then you're a gay fish.

Eagle Minded
chronical wrote:unless you like fish sticks, then you're a gay fish.

true dat. but you're still a fish, and that fish is a thing. that thing in particular is a fish. a gay fish to be a bit more specific. so this fish is a fish, and fishes are fishes, unless they are not fishes. but in this case, the fish is a fish, so it all comes back to fish being fish, which this fish is! so the fish is a fish.

Eagle Minded
are stuffed animals secretly conscious

Dayvan Cowboy
Cosmic Manta wrote:are stuffed animals secretly conscious

No. Don't be ridiculous.

[still says goodnight to two teddies he has had since birth because he can't entirely rule out their consciousness]

Telepath
The consciousness of inanimate objects is just as real as everything else.

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:The consciousness of inanimate objects is just as real as everything else.

Nope

Dayvan Cowboy
Aerial Boundaries wrote:Nope

Is it that you literally can't deal with the fact that entertaining this idea would mean that all of those teddies that were thrown out over the years are lying cold in the rain somewhere, wondering why they were abandoned.

This shit is getting too real for me
*cries*

On a more serious note, If one were to reconstruct the physical human brain in perfect detail, every synapse, every calcium-gated ion channel, everything; They would find that it wouldn't function. There would always be something missing. An airplane without a pilot. A computer without a user. What is that something? Surely bestowing love on an inanimate object for decades would transfer some of said something to the object.

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz and CM weren't giving Marcus any love so I thought I would.
I think everyone should aspire to join team marcus or team mike and be 100% fangirl about it.

Dayvan Cowboy

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground