Lucid Dreaming

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
OK, now whos had one? You know those dreams where you kind of realise that your dreaming and you do silly things to prove it like somersaulting or speaking another language or FLYING!! wheeeeeeee.

It happens roughly an a monthly basis leading me to the conclusion that it is hormone related, but when I dream lucidly I can go whereever I want in the world, be with WHOever I want, its quite funny. I sat on a beach in Montego Bay with Bob Marley and smoked the biggest spliff ever and talked to him about Jamaica. And once sat on the roof of Culzean Castle in Scotland talking with BoC but they had no faces...hmmm. We spoke about seals and whales.

I wonder what I should do next, unfortunately I can not remember once I am dreaming who or where i wanted to be but its always pleasant to wake up, it feels like Ive been on holiday and I wake up feeling on top of the world. Before you ask no I am nt taking any medications and yes this is true.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, when flying I either pedal with my legs as on a bike or I swim breast stroke through the air, and its hard to get off the ground but once im up its so amazing.

So has this ever happened to you or yours?
And where would you like to go and who to speak to if it did happen to you?

Posts Quantity
i often get this, like the waking up before waking up, my mind realizes i'm dreaming and i have to quickly enjoy it because soon i will actually wake up.
If i'm flying, it slows down and i get back on the ground...It's not a very happy feeling.If that happens when i'm dreaming of a record i don't have i try to take it out of the box and listen to it as quickly as possible but i usually fail. And if i'm meeting someone i've always dreamt of, i try to say goodbye to them...
I hate waking up.

Boqurant
Yeh, I usually just run naked through the rain when I know I am in a dream....but then there was that ONE time when I "thought" I knew I was in a dream...

Sherbet Head
hmmm i might have bumped into you i often see naked people running around in my dreams....are you ginger? :lol:

Boqurant
No...I look like a big fat caveman...it's quite beautiful actually....

Sherbet Head
Scatterbrainkida wrote:...but then there was that ONE time(....at band camp)... when I "thought" I knew I was in a dream...

so is there more to this story that might amuse? or am i just being boring

Site Admin
my last lucid dream was about 15 years ago, it was really amazing that I knew that I was dreaming

I only know some fragments of it, but it was a great feeling...I wish I could have a dream like it again :roll:

Site Admin
how to control your dreams

Lucidity
ld4all

Friendly Stranger
I've had maybe 3 fully lucid dreams, where I could conciously control what happened, about 10 years ago. I had bought a book explaining excercises you can do to induce them, and it worked great, but it was a lot of work. I had to continuously ask myself "am I dreaming right now?" and then I'd read something, anything, then read it again and I would know I was dreaming when whatever I was reading was different the second time.

For example, I once fell asleep reading the dreaming book, then I dreamt that I woke up in the same spot, so I read the cover of the dream book, then read it again and all the letters were spinning like a um, one arm bandit/lottery machine thing and then they stopped spinning and spelt out some weird thing which I forget now. So I knew then that I was dreaming.

Keeping a dream journal really helped too. It just gets you in the habit of remembering your dreams and realising what is a dream. They're quite impressive when you have them and I would even say life-changing (for me at least).

Like if you constantly have bad dreams, maybe a repetative one where you're trying to smash through a wall or something (for example), well once you get lucid, you could just smash your way through, or make a jackhammer appear, or anything, thus letting you see what's on the other side that's been eluding you for so long. And then you won't have those dreams any more.
\m/ ^_^ \m/

Sherbet Head
i was listening to boards of canada while sleeping, had a dream (flashback?) of when i was 2 or 3 years old, running around this old house in a town. there was a toy traintrack build along all the walls, and i kept chasing around these orange and blue balls on it. the feeling i had when i woke up and remembered it was pretty amazing.

as far as lucid dreams, i remember having one, and i kept telling myself "make this the perfect dream". i was in the woods, hopping over rocks in a stream, the sky was really greenish/yellow, but it was also really sunny. it's kind of hard to describe.

Dayvan Cowboy

Dayvan Cowboy
I've had quite a few lucid dreams... haven't had one recently though. have you seen the movie waking life?? there is a part in the movie where a dream character is trying to achieve 360 vision while lucid. pretty insane to imagine what that would be like.

Posts Quantity
i friggin LOVE lucid dreams!!!!

one time i had one where i was running away from a samurai, then i realised it was a dream, and i jumped into the air and started flying, and he couldn't get me. and he gave up and went back into the japanese paper building, and i came after him and on the way i was like "this is sweet, i'm controlling my dream!" and i went to the top floor and challenged him to a battle, and i handled him. it was like matrix style fighting and everything was going super slow and yeah i won.

i (L) those dreams.

Posts Quantity
Last edited by plaster on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sherbet Head
I've sadly never had a lucid dream. I tried some of the techniques for a few weeks a number of years ago, but it didn't work for me.

I dream fairly often, though; at least, I remember them often. Many times I will wake up and remember 3-4 different dreams from the same night.

Boqurant
up until i was about 12 years old, i never DIDN'T lucid dream. as i've gotten older however, its occured less and less :(
however when it happens its quite an experience.

the most vivid lucid dream i ever had was only about 3 or 4 months ago, it was me floating across the ocean (by floating i mean i was standing, not walking, but moving forwards somehow above the water) staring at the sunset, and it looked so realistic i couldnt believe it wasn't real, but i KNEW there was no way i could be hovering above the ocean like that, so i accepted at as a dream. i was so amazed by my ability to create such a beautiful sunset that didn't acctually exist, and it was probably the best dream i've ever had.

Boqurant
It happens quite often that I realize I'm in a dream, but then I always freak out and wake myself up :?

Posts Quantity
freaking out just before wide awake. fuckin awesome.
________
SRX600
Last edited by plaster on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posts Quantity
last night i had kind of a lucid dream but i wasnt in control. and it was really really scary. here's what happened!

i was in some weird reddish brown school, and there were kids outside i was trying to get to, but the door was closed. so i was looking out the window, then everything was shrouded in blackness and i was aware of what was happening, and a voice came on and said 'you can't wake up now' 'try to wake up' and then i couldnt wake up and it was really scary.

Posts Quantity
The closest thing to lucid dreaming one time I realized I was dreaming and thought "If I jump into the pool full of crocodiles I'll wake up.
But nothing as intense as you have had. I'm jealous.

Next

Return to The Playground