Twoism October meeting! [PICTURES ADDED]

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Fellow Twoism buddies,

after the huge success of the previous edition I'm organising a new Twoism gathering in October.

This time it will be held in the south of the Netherlands, in a beautiful forest called the Bunderbos, near Maastricht and close to the Belgian and German borders.

Google Maps

Google Streetview

On the day of the meeting everyone needs to come to the Beek-Elsloo trainstation. I'm proposing that from there we head out to the Bunderbos, chill out, play music (everyone bring your guitars, didgeridoos and detuned flutes), maybe create a campfire (I'm looking into getting an official permit for this), then head to my mother's house, eat fries there and go back home.

I will leave the exact date and time and all other details open so everyone can suggest their own preferences.

It speaks for itself that if you're from abroad and need a place to crash, or you can't make it back home in time that day, you can sleep over at my or somebody elses place.

So, who is in?!
Last edited by Guido on Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Eagle Minded
It looks great... even not that far away ;)

And well, you know my point on this :)
Unexpect the expected

Posts Quantity
looks lovely

not enough notice though ...

Sherbet Head
I might have to pass on this one. I'm getting very busy the next coming months..but will see :)
HoodedFreak on Youtube
Interface on WATMM

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm pretty much always short on money. But I still want to meet you guys at 1 of these meetings.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Dayvan Cowboy
portiss wrote:I'm pretty much always short on money. But I still want to meet you guys at 1 of these meetings.

Jeske lives close to Nijverdal and she is coming, she has a discount card (voordeelurenkaart) for the train, perhaps you could travel together, would save you 40%, just an idea.
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Dayvan Cowboy
Guido wrote:
portiss wrote:I'm pretty much always short on money. But I still want to meet you guys at 1 of these meetings.

Jeske lives close to Nijverdal and she is coming, she has a discount card (voordeelurenkaart) for the train, perhaps you could travel together, would save you 40%, just an idea.

We'll see, when you have the date tell me! I really want to try and make this 1. I'm usually kinda shy with stuff like this, so don't mind me if I'm kinda quiet ;p

Dayvan Cowboy
I guess most of us are to some extend :).

Dayvan Cowboy
Where's the nearest airport to the place? :)
Please 'Like' the Retronym Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/retronymlabel if you enjoy our free releases, spread the word! http://www.retronym.co.uk

Dayvan Cowboy
BrandNewRetro wrote:Where's the nearest airport to the place? :)

http://www.eindhovenairport.nl/ - I think this is your best bet, Ryanair flies from/to there and it's roughly one hour by train to where you have to be.

There's also http://www.maa.nl/ which is only a few kilometers from the forest, but I'm not sure if they fly to England.

Otherwise you'll have to fly to Schiphol Amsterdam, which is about 3 hours by train.

Eagle Minded
noice wan. Im gonna be in amsterdam on the 8th of October to The RepHlex Party at the melkweg. Hope to maybe see you guys :D

Sherbet Head
I'm in!!

I hope the weather is good, and not this rainy as the last couple of weeks --> BLEH!!

Dayvan Cowboy
I forgot to mention that it will be held on a Saturday. Do any of you have a specific date in mind?

Sherbet Head
Can this be open to any other countries at a similar time? Considering a small one in the UK and rocking up to any cities that users are based at.

UK takers?

Dayvan Cowboy
saurus wrote:Can this be open to any other countries at a similar time? Considering a small one in the UK and rocking up to any cities that users are based at.

UK takers?

I totally endorse your idea! But if you're serious about this it might be good to create a separate topic about it, just to avoid confusion :).

Sherbet Head
Word, I'll get on it

Sherbet Head
Is anybody from abroad gonna attent?
I thought there were a few guys from Belgium / Germany?
Would be great to hook up with you guys as well!
I say: the more the merrier!!

Dayvan Cowboy
By the way, I sometimes have a problem with getting a day off at work. If I know the date 5 weeks in advantage it's no problem for me to get the day off. Even though it's on a saturday, sometimes I have to work on them, so would be good if I knew this in advance!

Dayvan Cowboy
portiss wrote:By the way, I sometimes have a problem with getting a day off at work. If I know the date 5 weeks in advantage it's no problem for me to get the day off. Even though it's on a saturday, sometimes I have to work on them, so would be good if I knew this in advance!

Considering this, and because no one else is coming forth with a date, I say we let it happen on October 30th, if noone objects.

Sherbet Head
Guido wrote:
portiss wrote:By the way, I sometimes have a problem with getting a day off at work. If I know the date 5 weeks in advantage it's no problem for me to get the day off. Even though it's on a saturday, sometimes I have to work on them, so would be good if I knew this in advance!

Considering this, and because no one else is coming forth with a date, I say we let it happen on October 30th, if noone objects.

No problem. Although we cannot predict how weather conditions are gonna be. So fingers crossed on a sky blue, sunny day.

Next

Return to The Playground