THE ANGRY RANT THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
My place of work's radio:
- At least 7 songs by Phil Collins and 2 songs by Genesis in its rotation, and they didn't even have the decency to include "In The Air Tonight".
- A godawful cover of "Careless Whisper" by Kenny G and Train
- I damn near have PTSD whenever I hear the opening piano to "You're an Ocean" by Fastball. Seriously? Why that one? I thought I was the only person who knew they made a second album.
- I think it ruined "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic" and "Got My Mind Set On You" for me.
- "What's Love Got To Do With It"; Every time I hear it it sounds a little more grating.
- "Who Says You Can't Go Home" My boss and my Paycheck, Jon!
- "Okay! Tokyo! South Americaaaaaaaa" :x

I'm grateful there's at least a handful of songs I either like or tolerate well.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:My place of work's radio:
- At least 7 songs by Phil Collins and 2 songs by Genesis in its rotation, and they didn't even have the decency to include "In The Air Tonight".
- A godawful cover of "Careless Whisper" by Kenny G and Train
- I damn near have PTSD whenever I hear the opening piano to "You're an Ocean" by Fastball. Seriously? Why that one? I thought I was the only person who knew they made a second album.
- I think it ruined "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic" and "Got My Mind Set On You" for me.
- "What's Love Got To Do With It"; Every time I hear it it sounds a little more grating.
- "Who Says You Can't Go Home" My boss and my Paycheck, Jon!
- "Okay! Tokyo! South Americaaaaaaaa" :x

I'm grateful there's at least a handful of songs I either like or tolerate well.

Bah humbug!
Is it just me that has a vehement distain for Christmas radio?
It’s been said before but as soon as it’s the back end of Halloween we hear about it nonstop. Maybe the fact that November is such a similar month title to December, but it baffles me that we spend 1/6th of the year (november/december) hearing about the 'festive' period!

"I wish it could be Christmas everyday." - No I bloody don't Roy you seasonal celebrating inconsiderate arsehole!

Also NOTHING'S worse than Kenny G Covers!

I invite any of you to change my mind! :D

- Orbited

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Bah humbug!
Is it just me that has a vehement distain for Christmas radio?
It’s been said before but as soon as it’s the back end of Halloween we hear about it nonstop. Maybe the fact that November is such a similar month title to December, but it baffles me that we spend 1/6th of the year (november/december) hearing about the 'festive' period!

"I wish it could be Christmas everyday." - No I bloody don't Roy you seasonal celebrating inconsiderate arsehole!

Also NOTHING'S worse than Kenny G Covers!

I invite any of you to change my mind! :D

- Orbited

You are certainly not the only one with that sentiment. We've been going halvsies on the Christmas music at work, probably because everyone crammed their seasonal shopping into November and the radio couldn't keep up. This year "Christmas Wrapping" by The Waitresses was added into rotation and I noticed something that made it stand out from all the other JC Penney schlock that isn't from the 1950s, it doesn't have goddamned sleigh bells and church bells underscoring every other f***ing word in a verse! No wonder people actually like that song. I'll still learn to hate it eventually though :P .

Also, I've heard about the "most famous reindeer of all" dammit, what about the others? How's Cupid doing on his alimony payments?

Boqurant
I don't mind Christmas radio to be honest, it's shit, but charming in it's own way. The quintessentially Canadian "beer in a tree" song has also become a bit of an inside joke in my friend group, so it makes me laugh when it comes on.
I also like snow, wintertime as a whole is just really lovely for me.

....except this wintertime in particular, I can blame gender dysphoria for that. :evil: :(

Dayvan Cowboy
The expectation that any material/corporeal pleasures are supposed to bring happiness. I can't help but feel a little upset that I still received gifts for Xmas despite my wishes to not receive any, but I guess I'm just a jackass for feeling that way. Days feel like weeks, months feel like days, my sense of time is limited to merely day/night, ordering a Doordash meal or buying something from Target that will just be cluttering my tiny apartment doesn't alleviate this stress. It's gotten to the point that I don't just feel no pleasure, but it actually makes me angry/anxious.

Dayvan Cowboy
At some point my neighborhood is going to burn down because of all the crackheads starting fires at empty hours of the day. I had to call the fire Department this morning for one just across from my work in a field of overgrown dry grass and trees. Not even the worst place I've had the luck of bringing attention to, namely dumpster fires right under trees and directly next to homes and complexes in the dead of night. Not to mention the empty shopping strip just a few blocks from my apartment that got gutted in giant fire. When I turned the corner driving to work and saw the smoke rising into the air I just started laughing in frustration, but I guess I really shouldn't give much of a shit about these things. Adult life is just calling the fire Department on crackhead fires and calling the cops on other dumbass antics.

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:At some point my neighborhood is going to burn down because of all the crackheads starting fires at empty hours of the day. I had to call the fire Department this morning for one just across from my work in a field of overgrown dry grass and trees. Not even the worst place I've had the luck of bringing attention to, namely dumpster fires right under trees and directly next to homes and complexes in the dead of night. Not to mention the empty shopping strip just a few blocks from my apartment that got gutted in giant fire. When I turned the corner driving to work and saw the smoke rising into the air I just started laughing in frustration, but I guess I really shouldn't give much of a shit about these things. Adult life is just calling the fire Department on crackhead fires and calling the cops on other dumbass antics.

Some holidaymaker set alight a 'For Sale' sign on my street a few weeks back. Watching that baby burn at half midnight felt surreal.
Your block sounds like a complete running, rioting, hellbound cesspit. Sounds like that scene in Quadrophenia with the drunks fighting on Brighton Main Street shouting "We Are The Mods"

I'm angry for that never-ending and tiresome shit that you're dealing with there. You need to move to North Yorkshire ASAP.

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Some holidaymaker set alight a 'For Sale' sign on my street a few weeks back. Watching that baby burn at half midnight felt surreal.
Your block sounds like a complete running, rioting, hellbound cesspit. Sounds like that scene in Quadrophenia with the drunks fighting on Brighton Main Street shouting "We Are The Mods"

I'm angry for that never-ending and tiresome shit that you're dealing with there. You need to move to North Yorkshire ASAP.

It may not be running and rioting, but it feels like a cesspit sometimes for sure. The homeless problem amplified considerably since the pandemic and any open and empty areas/buildings are havens for those types. It could be worse I suppose. I'm not living in a major urban area or lesser off country, but being in a white trash/Slavic Bermuda triangle of a town makes it feel like living in Postal 2's Paradise.

It's also just part and parcel in my line of work at a hardware store. Thieves and bums all the time. We've had people OD in our bathrooms and even a corpse pulled out from between some soil pallets not too long ago. I try not to be jaded on the subject, but these people are usually just FUBAR unfortunately.

Eagle Minded
rodox_head wrote:It may not be running and rioting, but it feels like a cesspit sometimes for sure. The homeless problem amplified considerably since the pandemic and any open and empty areas/buildings are havens for those types. It could be worse I suppose. I'm not living in a major urban area or lesser off country, but being in a white trash/Slavic Bermuda triangle of a town makes it feel like living in Postal 2's Paradise.

It's also just part and parcel in my line of work at a hardware store. Thieves and bums all the time. We've had people OD in our bathrooms and even a corpse pulled out from between some soil pallets not too long ago. I try not to be jaded on the subject, but these people are usually just FUBAR unfortunately.

your situation sounds really bad. i mean even here where dumpster fires are pretty common it never gets as bad as what you described. i guess a good side of living in a place with low purchasing power is that crack isn't cheap! hope you get out of there some day. follow orbited's advice!

Eagle Minded
Angry rant...
Some person placed signs along the highway here that said, in order of 3 signs, "End...All...Mandates"

I wanted to make another sign that said, "Yeah! Men shouldn't date! Gay is bad!" But I didn't have the balls to do that in the daytime.

So I took them down and burned them.

What made me angry is the fact that they put these signs up at all. I don't care what your opinions are, but you're not supposed to make signs, bumper stickers, whatever, forcing everyone else to have to take part in your reality.
Just like I wouldn't put up a sign that said, "I have a bigger dick than you."

Anyway, I just hate that type of thing. It's tired and played out, which reminds me that I need to listen to You Man - Birdcage again.
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Dayvan Cowboy
Sky and Trails wrote:Angry rant...
Some person placed signs along the highway here that said, in order of 3 signs, "End...All...Mandates"

I wanted to make another sign that said, "Yeah! Men shouldn't date! Gay is bad!" But I didn't have the balls to do that in the daytime.

So I took them down and burned them.

What made me angry is the fact that they put these signs up at all. I don't care what your opinions are, but you're not supposed to make signs, bumper stickers, whatever, forcing everyone else to have to take part in your reality.
Just like I wouldn't put up a sign that said, "I have a bigger dick than you."

Anyway, I just hate that type of thing. It's tired and played out, which reminds me that I need to listen to You Man - Birdcage again.

I'm in admiration. Sounds like a job well done to me, good show!

Dayvan Cowboy
Warning: Gross
Spoiler: show
So i woke up for work at around 4 in the morning to hear my neighbor vomiting outside. As I stepped out my door I carefully checked to make sure there were no puddles to step around because it's still dark out and it's a crapshoot if the exterior lights want to switch on overnight. When I got back home in the middle of the afternoon I find out he left plastic garbage backs with his puke just sitting outside his door, which is directly adjacent to mine. The shit I have to put up with sometimes. This is the time of the year when bugs like to get into homes due to the temperatures reaching devil's rectum levels in the dead of summer, mind you :|

Dayvan Cowboy
Hay fever: or "The Return of the Summery Snotty Sneezing Frenzy."

Five mere minutes outside is all it takes, then my nasal outbursts echo violently around the earth.

Sherbet Head
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Hay fever: or "The Return of the Summery Snotty Sneezing Frenzy."

Five mere minutes outside is all it takes, then my nasal outbursts echo violently around the earth.

Haha, yeah have it too sadly. Though a few years back I stopped taking medication for it and now my body is slowly adapting to it. I might get over it at some point because it gets better every year!
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Dayvan Cowboy
I don't need people. It only takes one person to influence the group against you. Dejected again.

Dayvan Cowboy
Hayfever is miserable, my housemates have it. They've started swearing by fexofenadine lately though.

Sherbet Head
Not really angry or anything, but damn the incompetency, arrogance and more importantly one-dimensional way of thinking of current leaders around the globe is just laughable really. I guess the world really has to take a deep plunge into chaos for more people to wake up and for new seeds of consciousness to sprout out of this mess. Perhaps it has to be this way in the end.
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Dayvan Cowboy
Some drunked up lad in his twenties has just kicked down a barrier which separates the road from the terraced houses on my street. He was so forceful, part of the path gave way.

While this was in action, I coughed loudly out of my window in response to this miffed/peeved/angry guy. I was only a meter above him, didn't stop the brazen bastard. I'm now doubting that he actually heard me. (even though it's half-12am and deadly quiet.)

Had it up to here with Holidaymakers in this town who think they can cause destruction willy-nilly.

Dayvan Cowboy
Fuck therapy.

Dayvan Cowboy
Sometimes I can't go outside my door without being recognised and jeered at. Occasionally I feel like I'm being boxed in. Everyone seems to know me yet I'm not familiar with them.
Until this point I was having mild insults thrown at me every few days, I feel like I should rise above it.

I went on the bus today to escape my town (just for a few hours), literal milliseconds after after I was dropped off at my stop from the journey back I had slurs shouted at me from across the street. F*ggot f*cker, P*do.
I can't stand it, this is the first time I have been called the first one, which honestly came as a complete shock. Just because I was standing on a isolated spot and there was little people around. Luckily though I faced their back walking insults with a blank, mouth-closed expression. Showing no emotion. Any would likely cause more bother. Gave 'em nothing.

I don't feel like there is much of an upside from this point forward apart from my reaction.
For the past few months, apart from odd occasions, I've been feeling very isolated with no-one to talk to, those that do mostly piss take.

Angry? Not particularly. Just feeling small and wondering how this could escalate. I certainly don't know them, but my appearance is a running joke in this town. I've been belittled by those my age for it. Quirky mannerisms, it's no surprise that I do stand out a mile to them.
It's true, I am feeling low. It's not bad, but this instance has me feeling detached. Not exactly wanting to go for a walk, nor outside right now.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground