GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
krs wrote:
fujee wrote:
krs wrote:Oh, I'm completely chill. Just letting some of you know how ungrateful you are.

I'm not having a go here, but anyone could of sent that email and got the same reply. You just took the initiative to send one, respect to that, but don't blow it out of proportion.

You are right, and that wasn't my intention at all.

Sorry, it just seemed you were being hostile for the sake of it. The last thing this thread needs is some hostility. Good to see humility on the internet, sorry if i appeared to be brash.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Happy Cycler
Kinski wrote:
krs wrote:I only posted it because if I hadn't, all of you would have asked me to. Also, I doubt he would care. S'not like it contained some sort of valuable information. You should thank me for even sharing it with you. Hell, I could've kept it to myself. You can never win on this fucking board.

dude, chill out. it's not your fault he can't give us any real info. thanks for trying, though.

warphead wrote:Do you think they are waiting to get clearence on samples? Some legal wrangling over that perhaps?

every time someone asks this i'm going to come up with different answer. this time, it's a banana.

I thought you were moving to WATMM? They run out of applications?

Happy Cycler
sunshine recorder wrote:has anyone else seen this?
http://tautological.tumblr.com/

I like the guy's art. He's obviously a BoC head.

Sherbet Head
Synthestesia wrote:
nick47 wrote:
Synthestesia wrote:
saturdayindex wrote:This is reminding me of the return of Christ.
bitch slap of truth right there

I fucking love Land of the Lost?
YES!

My cats name is chaka. Hes a little asshole
"We're just a band. Not an IDM band, not an electronic band, and not a dance band."

"An imaginary road trip in a rusty pick-up heading west through the brain"

Posts Quantity
polar sky wrote:I think I posted this earlier but can not find it. Anyways, I was chatting with MDG through PM here on Twoism and he insists there is new material coming. He said it has been nearly at release stage for a while but several external factors have held it up. Said it has to do with logistics and life and nothing else.

So glad to see this too. What do you think these external factors may be?

Dayvan Cowboy
polar sky wrote:I think I posted this earlier but can not find it. Anyways, I was chatting with MDG through PM here on Twoism and he insists there is new material coming. He said it has been nearly at release stage for a while but several external factors have held it up. Said it has to do with logistics and life and nothing else.

When did this conversation occur?

Eagle Minded
Bryan wrote:
SonicDimension wrote:
krs wrote:I got tired of not being sure, so I sent Peter Iain Campbell (member of Hexagon Sun) an email asking about the new album, more or less. This was his response: http://i.imgur.com/65pU3.jpg

This was mine: ''HOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY SHIT, OMG, BABE! WAKE UP!"

In this case, I would interpret the word 'soon' to mean sometime within the next 3-5 months. I think it would be dumb to say 'soon' if there was no announcement coming by the end of the year. Here's hoping...

Didn't he say the exact same thing about a year ago?

Can't seem to find it by search, anyone else remember that?

Figured it out. What I was referring to is on the 'Statements From Hexagon Sun' section of the Boc Pages, but if you click through to Twoism the actual thread was deleted.

The statement is here -

http://bocpages.org/wiki/Statements_fro ... ugust_2010

If you click through the reference link you'll see that the thread was deleted from the forum. Do any of the moderators know why this was deleted? Unless it was one of you this is a pretty good example of why I thought it was a mistake to have this 'MDG' person/persona/alias become a moderator here.

Sherbet Head
I remember that^ too. One of the reasons I thought to email him in the first place.

Posts Quantity
krs, thanks for keeping our hopes up.

The rest of the pages is a reprise of things said before, the clearance-theory, etc...
We've even seen before that ppl were asked to publish printscreens which got debated afterwords as faux.

But that's life. You can post that you're sending everyone 100 euro's tomorow, and at least someone will say that's lame and another will bitch you for not sending 200.
that's not a twoism-exclusive that's life.

But, that banana pick realy dit it again for me. :D
whooosh

Happy Cycler
dp wrote:

When did this conversation occur?

A week ago.

Happy Cycler
Call me stupid, but i'm just as excited about the album art as I am the music itself. BoC isnt just music, its the entire content/package for me.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Happy Cycler
fujee wrote:Call me stupid, but i'm just as excited about the album art as I am the music itself. BoC isnt just music, its the entire content/package for me.

Me too. I could never just buy a download off Bleep. I have to have the real thing. Touch, Smell, See and Hear.

Eagle Minded
95% about the music for me.

Happy Cycler
I always get a little bit annoyed when a band release a really good album and the cover art is rubbish. Suffice to say, Boards have never done that to me, so far they haven't put a foot wrong - and it's that reason I don't mind waiting. Geogaddi is basically my favourite album cover.

Sherbet Head
fujee wrote:Call me stupid, but i'm just as excited about the album art as I am the music itself. BoC isnt just music, its the entire content/package for me.
+1 it's the only thing I like about buying CDs. I hate using them because they scratch up are bulky, friends take them and shit but that's the only way to get artwork. It doesn't feel the same to save the album cover off wiki or discogs as it is to have the actual sleeve.

Sherbet Head
I love having binyl because of the artwork! And being that BoCs vinyl goes for about 100$ every LP, I won't enjoy that custom. I have to just settle with the CDs I have...unless someone reissues them. But it probably wont happen...soon anyways. it must happen some day.

Perhaps the most exciting thing for the new release FOR ME would be the album art/name!
ImageImage

Sherbet Head
polar sky wrote:Touch, Smell, See and Hear.

Smell most definitely, especially my used MHTRTC vinyl has a glaring scent of weed.

Hexagon Sun Official
Yellow Records wrote:I love having binyl because of the artwork! And being that BoCs vinyl goes for about 100$ every LP, I won't enjoy that custom. I have to just settle with the CDs I have...unless someone reissues them. But it probably wont happen...soon anyways. it must happen some day

There's a good chance the previous albums will see a vinyl reissue upon the release of the next album - this is definitely something the band have been talking about.

Eagle Minded
mdg wrote:
Yellow Records wrote:I love having binyl because of the artwork! And being that BoCs vinyl goes for about 100$ every LP, I won't enjoy that custom. I have to just settle with the CDs I have...unless someone reissues them. But it probably wont happen...soon anyways. it must happen some day

There's a good chance the previous albums will see a vinyl reissue upon the release of the next album - this is definitely something the band have been talking about.

That's great news, I'd love to own a bit of BoC vinyl but put off by the 2nd hand pricetag. Still no indicators as to when the next album might surface?

Eagle Minded

This pleases me as a vynil fetish I am.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada