GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Just got off the phone with a guy at Other Music in NY, he says he unloaded all the record store day shipment they had gotten and he couldn't recall right off the bat if he had seen it or not. He's familiar with the band though, and did tell me others had called (I'm assuming probably twoism members) the day before to ask the same question. He also said their system is down right now, but if I call back in a bit he would be able to tell me whether they actually received that record or not, he told me they would've recorded it in their system some way or another. Even though there was no title, just a blank record with the TCH font on it.

Sherbet Head
krs wrote:Just got off the phone with a guy at Other Music in NY..

Nice sleuthing, hope you hear something either way soon. Hoax or not, some folk on these forums have careers ahead of them in the FBI ;)
I'll see you when the sun sets east, don't forget me.
https://www.instagram.com/powerline_misfortune/

Sherbet Head
Twoist wrote:
krs wrote:Just got off the phone with a guy at Other Music in NY..

Nice sleuthing, hope you hear something either way soon. Hoax or not, some folk on these forums have careers ahead of them in the FBI ;)

I still really want to believe, the only thing that strikes me as kind of odd is that the guy I was on the phone with said he was a BoC fan, and he understood the importance of all this. And he couldn't remember right from the start whether he'd seen it or not. I feel like, for me at least, I would've flipped shit when I saw that and DEFINITELY would've remembered seeing it. IDK, seems sketchy.

Eagle Minded
The element of suprise from Boards of Canada.
We werent ready. They caught us off guard
Toss the sun down the backwards spiral

Sherbet Head
revertedhexagon wrote:The element of suprise from Boards of Canada.
We werent ready. They caught us off guard

yeah man, I think especially after the April Fool's day stunt. Even though it was obviously fake when you read the first paragraph of the "article", but I didn't expect any other news any time soon.

I hope this is real, I was leaning towards not believing it, but now I am hopeful and excited. It'll be interesting to see if any more of these records turn up.

Posts Quantity
hi folks

https://twitter.com/isphotographs/statu ... 1737832448

Ian Rankin
"Edinburgh-based crime writer, interested in beer and rock music."
http://www.ianrankin.net

Iain Stewart
"Pro photographer 20+ years. I believe in Life and I believe in Love. GGTTH"
http://www.isphotographs.co.uk

Eagle Minded
'was out with friend of band last night'
'i know a guy who knows a guy who knew a guy who knew a guy, etc'

Sherbet Head
Vostok wrote:'was out with friend of band last night'

this. although june would be nice. :mrgreen:

Posts Quantity
Vostok wrote:'was out with friend of band last night'

yeah i know it's not that convincing but still... these guys are not random (see links), i don't think that they were trying to mislead anybody.

Posts Quantity
photographer in Edinburgh - friend could be Peter Iain Campbell!

Dmitrii wrote:hi folks

https://twitter.com/isphotographs/statu ... 1737832448

Ian Rankin
"Edinburgh-based crime writer, interested in beer and rock music."
http://www.ianrankin.net

Iain Stewart
"Pro photographer 20+ years. I believe in Life and I believe in Love. GGTTH"
http://www.isphotographs.co.uk

Dunno about Ian Stewart but a member of this forum (who shall remain nameless) was just retweeted by Ian Rankin about the BOC 'release' :D

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
I don't buy that twitter stuff for one second. If they were friends of the brothers, and were given this info, I highly doubt they'd go posting it on Twitter the next day.

EDIT: or friends of friends, sorry, misread the post. But I still think they would know not to go posting it on the likes of Twitter. BoC and those around them go to such lengths to keep things secret, that I can't imagine them telling people on a night out, only to have them go blabbing on social media.

Dayvan Cowboy
DaveJ wrote:I don't buy that twitter stuff for one second. If they were friends of the brothers, and were given this info, I highly doubt they'd go posting it on Twitter the next day.

EDIT: or friends of friends, sorry, misread the post. But I still think they would know not to go posting it on the likes of Twitter. BoC and those around them go to such lengths to keep things secret, that I can't imagine them telling people on a night out, only to have them go blabbing on social media.

why not? obviously if they are to the stage where they are about to release the album, it's time to fire up the hype machine, as they (or someone) seems to be trying to do. It's not like it's some lost long friend entrusted with a pre Twoism release - we're talking about new material here.

Sherbet Head
DaveJ wrote:I don't buy that twitter stuff for one second.

Yeah we shouldn't trust some random posts on Twitter. Unless it comes from another vinyl/the youtube channel it can't really be trusted.

Sherbet Head
Opothecary wrote:
DaveJ wrote:I don't buy that twitter stuff for one second. If they were friends of the brothers, and were given this info, I highly doubt they'd go posting it on Twitter the next day.

why not? obviously if they are to the stage where they are about to release the album, it's time to fire up the hype machine, as they (or someone) seems to be trying to do. It's not like it's some lost long friend entrusted with a pre Twoism release - we're talking about new material here.

Because anybody can say this stuff, and have seen it many times before. Also would kind of defeat the purpose of these new coded record promos (if that's what they are). I just can't see it coming from some random guy on twitter, who got access to this info on a night out, after the length of time people have been waiting for a new release. This new coded message seems much more likely, as random and confusing as it is, in my opinion!

Dayvan Cowboy
DaveJ wrote:
Opothecary wrote:

Because anybody can say this stuff, and have seen it many times before. Also would kind of defeat the purpose of these new coded record promos (if that's what they are). I just can't see it coming from some random guy on twitter, who got access to this info on a night out, after the length of time people have been waiting for a new release. This new coded message seems much more likely, as random and confusing as it is, in my opinion!

I dunno...it isn't the first time this sort of "friend of a friend" rumor has been floated in the past few weeks. Let me put it this way...this is the first time I've believed any of the rumors/"hoaxes" regarding any BoC release since 2006.

This is a either a VERY good hoax or like me, you get to the point where you realize where there must be smoke, there's fire. Count this skeptic as a believer.

This is the first time I've believed as well. I'm still holding out that this new record is Midas Touch over and over again. It all makes sense, guys.

YOU SAY YOU GOIN' THROUGH CHANGES
EVERY DAY IT SEEMS YOUR LIFE IS UP AND DOWN.
AND YOU SAY THAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN ANSWER.
EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK IT SEEMS IT CAN'T BE FOUND.

LIKE SEARCHING, TRYING TO FIND A RAINBOW
NO ONE'S EVER FOUND THE TREASURE'S TOLD TO BE.

Sherbet Head
UPDATE 11:50 AM PST

HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT OKAY!!! IT'S DEFINITELY LEGITIMATE GUYS!

Just got off the phone with the guy from Other Music again, and he said they DID INFACT have it at the store!!!!!! He said a warp representative brought it in at 3pm the day before record store day. He also said that the one found in their store is THE ONLY ONE IN THE U.S.!!!!! THE OTHERS ARE IN FACT IN DIFFERENT COUNTRIES!!!! He didn't specify, but they way he said it, I imagine this is what the representative from warp told him.

GET THE FUCK OUT THERE AND START SEARCHING YOU GUYS!!

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

EDIT: Warp following the record store on twitter, I mean... c'mon. This is real. It's happening. FINALLY.
Last edited by krs on Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
The idea of a hoax never even crossed my mind on this one.

I just figured it's something for Record Store Day, and a nod that things are moving forward.

I'm guessing there are a few serious BOC fans on here from Edinburgh who'll be stopping by their local store on the offchance?

Friendly Stranger
krs wrote:UPDATE 11:50 AM PST

HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT OKAY!!! IT'S DEFINITELY LEGITIMATE GUYS!

Just got off the phone with the guy from Other Music again, and he said they DID INFACT have it at the store!!!!!! He said a warp representative brought it in at 3pm the day before record store day. He also said that the one found in their store is THE ONLY ONE IN THE U.S.!!!!! THE OTHERS ARE IN FACT IN DIFFERENT COUNTRIES!!!! He didn't specify, but they way he said it, I imagine this is what the representative from warp told him.

GET THE FUCK OUT THERE AND START SEARCHING YOU GUYS!!

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

EDIT: Warp following the record store on twitter, I mean... c'mon. This is real. It's happening. FINALLY.

Nice!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada