Something strange just happened on the BoC Facebook page.

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
krs wrote:
Cohesion wrote:I noticed a discrepancy here, hmm:

Idk where that 'it was sitting in a shipment they received' came from. He never told me that, and it wasn't in the recording of Mobieus calling them.

That vocaroo record is not me :) I didn't tape myself, but yeah, he didn't say it came in a shipment, he said a rep dropped it off yesterday.

Boqurant
Maybe the Reddit guy spoke with an employee who was not aware of anything.
“Beauty is terror. Whatever we call beautiful, we quiver before it.”

Sherbet Head
thingsthingsthings wrote:
Cohesion wrote:I noticed a discrepancy here, hmm

fwiw, homeboy hasn't said anything since that post yesterday, at least not on reddit. regardless, pitchfork's warp validation seems to be the strongest affirmation so far.

it's curious he's been lying low, but @ImNoPandaBear (assumedly the same person) did retweet Pitchfork's tweet when they posted their article.

Also kinda interesting, his profile text has a set of coordinates, but they're in Menlo Park, CA, not New York City.

synthesized fun
@ImNoPandaBear
むしゃむしゃ
iPhone: 37.455284,-122.170052

The Japanese translates to "munching", so I guess it's basically "status & location"?

Sherbet Head
And maybe I missed it, but I'm surprised that no one has tried listening to it backwards...

... not that there is anything special to be heard :(

Friendly Stranger
Moebius wrote:And maybe I missed it, but I'm surprised that no one has tried listening to it backwards...

... not that there is anything special to be heard :(

someone on irc a bit ago said they did and found nothing :(

Sherbet Head
another one just up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MSShMsYm2I

German user it seems but same audio or fake version :/ the voiceover is funny, thats fake anyway, taken off their peel session interview

edit: no, same room as first video.

damn

Boqurant
so i picked the wrong day to be AFK, sweet mother of god! :shock:

Friendly Stranger
Opothecary wrote:I have a feeling it will be released on 5/28 or 6/4

Nope, 5/29, my birthday and the unexpected release of the TCH EP :)

Sherbet Head
FYI, I have added a new page on the wiki with a basic summary of what we know so far:

http://bocpages.org/wiki/Record_Store_Day_incident

Posts Quantity
That wiki page should have info about the changes made to the Atalanta Fugiens video, which corroborates the legitimacy of the record.

Friendly Stranger
Moebius wrote:FYI, I have added a new page on the wiki with a basic summary of what we know so far:

added a couple lines about translating the numbers from ASCII to text, which give you the letter 'm'

Happy Cycler
moomin wrote:
Moebius wrote:FYI, I have added a new page on the wiki with a basic summary of what we know so far:

added a couple lines about translating the numbers from ASCII to text, which give you the letter 'm'

Six letter word with at least one m... Summer?!

Moebius wrote:
krs wrote:
Cohesion wrote:I noticed a discrepancy here, hmm:

Idk where that 'it was sitting in a shipment they received' came from. He never told me that, and it wasn't in the recording of Mobieus calling them.

That vocaroo record is not me :) I didn't tape myself, but yeah, he didn't say it came in a shipment, he said a rep dropped it off yesterday.
I've done retail for seven years. (God, get me out of it). There's a lot of people who work inside of a store at different times all throughout the day, and information can drip to them separately and slowly. So keep that in mind. More information may have been passed along to the employees as notes of the BoC record popped up.

Friendly Stranger
take this with a massive pinch of salt, but someone in IRC earlier named 'helloworld' with an ip tracking back to utah/colorado joined the irc channel we have set up, posted this string of numbers "578493/655793/935784/936557/849357/579365" and then left.

bobviously on irc used these numbers as hex codes and made an image to show the colors.

again, all of this from that code from the random person. 99.9% chance its bs, but whatever. this stuff is fun.

Dayvan Cowboy
moomin wrote:take this with a massive pinch of salt, but someone in IRC earlier named 'helloworld' with an ip tracking back to utah/colorado joined the irc channel we have set up, posted this string of numbers "578493/655793/935784/936557/849357/579365" and then left.

bobviously on irc used these numbers as hex codes and made an image to show the colors.

again, all of this from that code from the random person. 99.9% chance its bs, but whatever. this stuff is fun.

That'll most likely be fake given its a random guy popping up on IRC but I note theres no 1s in there, so he could be using the phone keypad code I theorised earlier on. But I'm not going to check, till the other records turn up.

Friendly Stranger
I was there. Pretty sure the guy isn't real, but yeah there were no 1s or 2s. Had fun looking at the code anyway even while doubting it, haha.

New Seed
I've made a connection with the groups of numbers and a cover artwork that was posted on BOC facebook pages. This was the cover https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 926&type=1

Basically, this is a confirmation about the ------/------- being a code? The cover artwork in the above link shows aerials and antennae which were used in the cold war for sending messages via the 'numbers stations', always in groups of numbers. And its been noticed that the voices appearing in the audio found on the mystery vinyl so far sound very much like the numbers station voices. So, this could well be the actual cover artwork for the album - thus confirming that this is the real deal - or somebody has cooked all of this up based on the cover....

Boqurant
I remember reading something about number stations that stated the actual intended message was often hidden in the melody and the spoken parts were just a decoy.

Boqurant
Interesting topic.
For what it's worth, my (bored) amateur sleuthing dredged this up whilst searching for '936557' on search engine image searches.

Not sure what it's of exactly, but the number is in the file name, & it looks a bit like the Waco fertilizer blast from a couple of days ago (not implying they caused that though lol)

Sherbet Head
paultomba wrote:Interesting topic.
For what it's worth, my (bored) amateur sleuthing dredged this up whilst searching for '936557' on search engine image searches.

Not sure what it's of exactly, but the number is in the file name, & it looks a bit like the Waco fertilizer blast from a couple of days ago (not implying they caused that though lol)

photoshopped, fake dude. i wish idiots would give that up, its extremely difficult to pull off a good hoax and photoshop is no longer the tool to do that, espeically amateur p.shop users - oh look i call myself a graphic designer but i was too scared, refused entry cos i was crap and too lazy to struggle 4 years at uni but i'm self taught. not saying you of course, whoever uploaded that.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada