mdg confirms(?) vinyl represses

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
So I messaged mdg when tomorrow's harvest was announced to inquire about possible vinyl represses. I didn't expect a response to be honest, but he replied today. And it sounds like good news :D

Last edited by MindElevation on Wed May 29, 2013 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sherbet Head
:shock:
"Life is a stupid, meaningless thing that has nothing to teach you." -Slavoj Zizek

Posts Quantity
super stoked!!!

Sherbet Head
mhtr was repressed, so i guess they all will eventually?
it happens with every release so................
*farts*

idk

Eagle Minded
Great! I was so gutted about selling my vinyl for moving cities, now I can get them back :)

Posts Quantity
Awesome news! :)

Dayvan Cowboy
YES! So bloody excited. I hope they are just like the originals, etching on Geogaddi, all the artwork etc.

Sherbet Head
Would be amazing...I hope they would all be repressed at ONCE so I can buy them ALL AT ONCE that'd be amazing.
ImageImage

Sherbet Head
I wonder how the represses would affect the prices of the originals... up or down?

Posts Quantity
Brilliant! Now I won't have to pay over £100 for a used vinyl.

Sherbet Head
Yellow Records wrote:Would be amazing...I hope they would all be repressed at ONCE so I can buy them ALL AT ONCE that'd be amazing.

ohmergherd imagine receiving the delivery of a pristine BoC vinyl discography. *drools*

Sherbet Head
noby wrote:I wonder how the represses would affect the prices of the originals... up or down?

down, rock bottom to retail level i.e. of course if they're close to identical and going by prior repressings from Warp they're usually same, not even dated 2013 etc. ok minor things aside such as different warp logo or just warp in text or minus skam logo but hey that doesnt effect value really imo.
the etching on geogaddi, details like that are important and would have to be right inc. 180gm weight.
if the important details aren't same then value will go down a bit alright but not to retail value.

some said one of two recent Aphex repressings, the front artwork looked slightly pixelated, i checked and couldnt find much difference.

also note MHTRTC repress artwork is slightly darker in tone, this issue can sometimes be unavoidable with printing.

ABPOITC i can't imagine them getting that Sky Blue wax the exact same again, close perhaps or it might just be black vinyl.

Sherbet Head
I hope they do. Wanted MHTRTC for ages but never had the cash to spare. Have most others. You think Aquarius would be repressed? Unlikely I reckon, but I'd love it if so.

Also, if they were to be repressed, would the price be the usual Warp record price, as in like 20-25 euro? do you guys think? Or would they jack up the prices still.

I dunno would it affect the price of the originals, I suppose hardcore fans will want the original pressings. Doesn't bother me either way, coz I'm not selling any of mine, just want some new ones I can't afford.

Sherbet Head
DaveJ wrote:I hope they do. Wanted MHTRTC for ages but never had the cash to spare

mhtr was repressed in 2004
*farts*

idk

Sherbet Head
seanandcandy wrote:
DaveJ wrote:I hope they do. Wanted MHTRTC for ages but never had the cash to spare

mhtr was repressed in 2004

I know but i missed that, I mean again so I can buy one ;)

EDIT: and even those are very expensive still, so I would like an affordable copy, ya know

Sherbet Head
DaveJ wrote:I hope they do. Wanted MHTRTC for ages but never had the cash to spare. Have most others. You think Aquarius would be repressed? Unlikely I reckon, but I'd love it if so.

They won't repress things like Aquarius. It will most likely just be the albums that get repressed I reckon.

Sherbet Head
MindElevation wrote:
DaveJ wrote:I hope they do. Wanted MHTRTC for ages but never had the cash to spare. Have most others. You think Aquarius would be repressed? Unlikely I reckon, but I'd love it if so.

They won't repress things like Aquarius. It will most likely just be the albums that get repressed I reckon.

Yeah I agree, was just wishful thinking on my part. Still, it would be absolutely great news. Spent a small fortune acquiring what I have, would love to be able to pick up the last few I need, especially MHTRTC.

What do you guys think of the prices, if this actually happens, will they be usual prices (as in standard record prices, Bleep etc) or will they heighten the prices?

Sherbet Head
DaveJ wrote:
What do you guys think of the prices, if this actually happens, will they be usual prices (as in standard record prices, Bleep etc) or will they heighten the prices?

I don't see any reason why the prices wouldn't just be standard record prices. The prices between them may differ, with Geogaddi being a triple LP and therefore likely to be more expensive.

Sherbet Head

Sherbet Head
cool, hopefully it doesn't take years! New album is no.1 priority anyway.

Next

Return to Boards of Canada