May 27th - 17:00 PDT

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Hexagon Sun Official

The band couldn't have been clearer, politely asking the attendees not to record the music past the third track. Obviously to have the entire thing uploaded against their wishes is a shame.
Sadly his response sums up his attitude.

Eagle Minded
sick em mdg!!

while i have your attention can you share any insight into the boys reaction to the listening party?

but for real, what a fucking tool bag that guy is
Last edited by thinkdontpray on Wed May 29, 2013 8:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

Eagle Minded
creativeowlet wrote:
thinkdontpray wrote:hes right though, the boys did know this would happen.

thats why they asked for people to only record the first 3 songs

pretty sure the band doesnt need any free marketing and especially after the stuff they've being doing to promote this album

There is part of me that questions the whole "dont do it" plea in the frame of "they really want you to do it". Having talked to josh though, he seemed totally genuine in what he said. Band doesnt want anything recorded (HQ at the very least) of anything after white cyclosa. No reverse psychology.

yeah i got that too. Josh came up as i hobbled in with all my gear. he looked a little concerned, causing me concern. when he said 'you don't have any pro audio recording gear do you?' i said 'i sure do ... no good?' he said as nice as he could to please not use it. i told him i came to record this for Twoism.org friends who couldn't make it and he said that was awesome - he appreciated it, nonetheless, the brothers would like to keep a lid on it just a bit longer. fair enough. its called a social contract. i lugged a ton of shit 13 hours yesterday and was told essentially to put it away. and i did. i was grateful just to be part of it. anything else was nectar. being the first, just to be the first 'spoiler' in this case, wins you little more than a sock full of dogshit.

i understand the excitement but its only a few more days, its been ages as it is, and what about the experience? i fucked up half the shot just because i was carried away by the setting, the people around me, THE MUSIC!

anyhow, back to my spinning beach ball. i'll just say this - ignore the meanies. i have been on forums where the flamers are completely ignored. its cool cuz the BS gets lost. truth is, shit sound makes even the cheapest bastard want to go out buy a proper album. the more we talk about it (guilty) the more attention we bring to it. i'm done - will post my legit video when its ready. thanks again everyone.
Last edited by paul on Wed May 29, 2013 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Four legs good, two legs bad
- George Orwell

Dayvan Cowboy
If I had been there I would never have leaked it like this guy did. However, I agree that it's quite naive of Warp to just trust 50 or more people that they won't leak one of the most anticipated albums of the decade. What were they thinking? It's a shame that this recording is now out there and there's no stopping it from popping up in other places like torrent sites. I guess from the perspective of marketing the best thing that can happen now is that a HQ version of the album leaks so not everyone in the world is going to base their opinion on a windy bootleg.
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

mdg wrote:Image

The band couldn't have been clearer, politely asking the attendees not to record the music past the third track. Obviously to have the entire thing uploaded against their wishes is a shame.
Sadly his response sums up his attitude.
He also linked it to my bocpages wall on facebook. I've removed it from there.

Eagle Minded
Guido wrote:If I had been there I would never have leaked it like this guy did. However, I agree that it's quite naive of Warp to just trust 50 or more people that they won't leak one of the most anticipated albums of the decade. What were they thinking? It's a shame that this recording is now out there and there's no stopping it from popping up in other places like torrent sites. I guess from the perspective of marketing the best thing that can happen now is that a HQ version of the album leaks so not everyone in the world is going to base their opinion on a windy bootleg.

i dont think its naive at all because they figured that anyone who was not only a fan but also willing to make the trek out into the desert would be able to comply with one simple request

Dayvan Cowboy
There's always one. :roll:

Well, I won't be listening to the full album till its out.

Boqurant
I guess from the perspective of marketing the best thing that can happen now is that a HQ version of the album leaks so not everyone in the world is going to base their opinion on a windy bootleg.

disagree, now that it's out (and in incomplete form, I might add), it's poor quality will encourage people to buy the retail version. There absolutely should not be a high quality version leaked, what are you thinking?

In a way, this is similar to the Old Tunes sets, in the sense that the degraded sound quality and wind add a certain something. I wouldn't sweat it, I don't think anyone is going to listen to this poor quality leak and decide not to buy the album (unless they weren't already planning not to buy it).

I also don't think we should all gang up on the guy, he actually added a montage of treated images from the event as video accompaniment, so it's clear he's a real (if arguably misguided, and certainly noncompliant) fan.

(and no, I don't know him, nor am I him)
Last edited by lumpenprol on Wed May 29, 2013 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dayvan Cowboy
What a cunt. It's very polite of BoC letting people even record the first 3 tracks. Why the hell would you fuck this up? People like him make me angry.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Sherbet Head
MrMessiah wrote:There's always one. :roll:

Well, I won't be listening to the full album till its out.

Me either. When the official Bleep MP3s drop I'm doing it right and making a night of it. Windy bootlegs against the wishes of the band aren't right.

Eagle Minded
Fuck him.....he is just a wee scrote looking for "cred"

I would say that 99.987% of the meaningful (in money terms) orders (fans and people who want the hard copies for the beautiful artwork) have already been placed.

Most of the orders from here on will be downloads only and when we arrive there, nothing is going to stop torrents etc that's the way the world is

What is galling, is that this tiny cocked chicken fister was one of the privileged ones sharing such a beautiful experience with what I assumed were 100% legit enthusiasts......clearly......this guy isn't one.

There are those of us in other parts of the world who would have given 1 or 2 nuts to be there and could still manage to respect the chaps wishes.

Its just

ONE

SIMPLE

FUCKING

THING

J

Posts Quantity
Finally: "This video contains content from [Merlin] Warp Records, who has blocked it on copyright grounds."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPphFPmAlTE

Boqurant
chorus wrote:Finally: "This video contains content from [Merlin] Warp Records, who has blocked it on copyright grounds."

Double thumbs aloft.

Eagle Minded
YAY!

Ill get naked (again) to celebrate

Posts Quantity
chorus wrote:Finally: "This video contains content from [Merlin] Warp Records, who has blocked it on copyright grounds."

My request has ben heard :D well I emailed Warp to report this video, but I think that "others" have been noticed that infringement

Dayvan Cowboy
Very nice. He deserved this.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Posts Quantity
Damn, I knew I was thinking ahead by saving that motherfucker as an mp4.

Eagle Minded
I seriously hope that this breach of the trust people were given doesn't reflect on the rest of our wee family

I can only hope that Warp/HS/BOC are watching this thread and noting the rage we have about this.

This is not, NOT Twoism form.....

We do NOT approve

:(

J

Posts Quantity
Jinjur wrote:I seriously hope that this breach of the trust people were given doesn't reflect on the rest of our wee family

I can only hope that Warp/HS/BOC are watching this thread and noting the rage we have about this.

This is not, NOT Twoism form.....

We do NOT approve

:(

J

THIS!

Sherbet Head
This dude is getting flamed hard and rightly so, it's a dumb thing to do if you are a fan. It does however make me wonder what people actually think of me after my fake leak. Not that I care particularly but I'd hate BoC and Warp to think I did it maliciously. After the madness of the record day stuff I wondered what would happen if a leak got out and how would die hards react to it. I had no intention of copying exactly and frankly it's impossible for me to get the BoC quality, it was done in two day haha. It was rubbished pretty quickly on here as anticipated. I may change the title of the youtube to an ode to Boards of canada tomorrow's harvest, because esentially that's what it is, well and a little harmless trolling of you lot ;) *not a dick, just a fan*
You could feel the bullshit

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada