11. Split Your Infinities (4:28)

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
I love that gnarly, crunchy snare sound that starts to come in around 2:27. God, so good.
Don't be afraid to persist...
https://soundcloud.com/tiny-sparrow

Dayvan Cowboy
HOLY SHIT this track :shock: :shock: 8) :? :shock: :mrgreen:

Posts Quantity
quick little thhought
the voice throughout the track reminds me of the intro of milkman. People figured out there was a weird filter on it. and then they figured how to reverse it. (take the effect away again) so maybe someone else got any luck

Dayvan Cowboy
Some keep mentioning parallel tracks.. Mentioning that 1&17 seem to be related, 2&16..

I'm kinda seeing the parallelism with this one and Cold Earth, unless I'm reading too much into it. In that jabbing bass, especially.

Sherbet Head
i think Split Your Infinities goes well with Sundown.

Posts Quantity
I love that the titles alone are rich enough to inspire discussion, probably for some time to come. Some aren't clear immediately or might appear to have a double-meaning. What if split means to leave in this case.. To leave your concepts of permanence or forever behind?

Eagle Minded
Loving your gif Waterbagel. It's like there's an eagle (well three) in my mind... :wink:

Boqurant
I may have been able to isolate a bit more of the vocals here by speeding things up and removing center-panned audio.

http://tindeck.com/listen/kxwx

A few snippets I can make out:
"…American…generally there's a lot of interest around the…"
"…potential [prisons?]…"
"…[some of these?] currently being used as prisons, such as…"
"…[prisons?] that are being built supposedly in the name of [the global threat?]"
"…facilities …which could be [normally?] used to… [the people?], not just as [internment facilities?]…"
[then a sentence or two that are almost entirely distorted, can't make out anything]
"it also has these... [automated turnstiles?]…"
"…[there is also a?] surveillance here… [the property?] pointing out to the parking lot… [and a helicopter?]…"
"…[all of these apparent?] security measures are particularly […useful?] here, because this is a very low-[?] area…"

Makes me think of Guantanamo or something. (Of course, I suppose it could be saying "prisms" instead of "prisons.")

Maybe someone else can do a bit better of a job of isolating, but hopefully this should be a good start!

New Seed
Been lurking here for ages, but have stepped out of the shadows to say bravo to qualia for the good job, and to suggest a few revisions to the transcript in progress.

"…American…generated a lot of interest around the country…"
"…potential [prisons?]…"
"…[prisons?] that are being built supposedly in the name of [the global threat?]"
"…facilities …which could be [normally?] used to… [the people?], not just as [intern facilities?]…"
[then a sentence or two that are almost entirely distorted, can't make out anything]
"…[there is also a?] surveillance camera just like we saw at the penal colony pointing out to the parking lot… [and a helicopter?]…"
"…[all of these apparent?] security measures are particularly unusual here, because this is a very low-crime area…"

[/quote]

Sherbet Head
tonyhw wrote:Been lurking here for ages, but have stepped out of the shadows to say bravo to qualia for the good job, and to suggest a few revisions to the transcript in progress.

"…potential [prisons?]…"
"…facilities …which could be [normally?] used to… [the people?], not just as [intern facilities?]…"
"…[there is also a?] surveillance camera just like we saw at the penal colony pointing out to the parking lot… [and a helicopter?]…"
"…[all of these apparent?] security measures are particularly unusual here, because this is a very low-crime area…"

damn yeah i can hear a lot of that
*farts*

idk

Boqurant
tonyhw wrote:Been lurking here for ages, but have stepped out of the shadows to say bravo to qualia for the good job, and to suggest a few revisions to the transcript in progress.

thanks for your help! nailed it on this line especially, it reveals a very distinct newsperson cadence that i wasn't sure of before. definitely from some sort of news report.

New Seed
Ah it was only a few suggestions, you did the work. Definitely agree about the reporter's register, although it could also be a documentary, given the 'just like we saw...' towards the end. That phrase suggests to me something longer, more personal, and more exploratory than a straight news feature.

Posts Quantity
Good work all. I love how the songs take on a whole new vibe as these hidden gems are uncovered....

Boqurant
tonyhw wrote:Ah it was only a few suggestions, you did the work. Definitely agree about the reporter's register, although it could also be a documentary, given the 'just like we saw...' towards the end. That phrase suggests to me something longer, more personal, and more exploratory than a straight news feature.

good point, i wonder which it is. given the amount of text we're deciphering, i hope someone's going to stumble upon the source eventually!

another lil update:

"…potential [prisons?]…"
"…facilities …which could be [normally?] used to detain large numbers of people, not just as [intern facilities?]…"
"…it also has these... [automated turnstiles?]…"

Boqurant
:O

I just found the source.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P-hvPJPTi4

Posts Quantity
qualia wrote::O

I just found the source.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P-hvPJPTi4

Nice!

Posts Quantity
Wow that was quick...how'd you find it?

Boqurant
googled the phrase "used to detain large numbers of people", saw a bunch of stuff about "FEMA concentration camps" including a forum post from 2008 about some youtube video, but the link was broken. so i went on youtube and looked for things from 2008 and before related to FEMA concentration camps, and that was the first result. (it was actually the first result for FEMA concentration camps regardless.)

perhaps a roundabout way of finding it, but it worked :)

Posts Quantity
qualia wrote:googled the phrase "used to detain large numbers of people", saw a bunch of stuff about "FEMA concentration camps" including a forum post from 2008 about some youtube video, but the link was broken. so i went on youtube and looked for things from 2008 and before related to FEMA concentration camps, and that was the first result. (it was actually the first result for FEMA concentration camps regardless.)

perhaps a roundabout way of finding it, but it worked :)

Really good work, it literally could have taken years or more to uncover so good techniques

New Seed
Fantastic detection work! Good to see how much of that report you had already worked out too.

That FEMA place looks fucking horrible btw.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada