09. Collapse (2:49)

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Huh, didn't realise there were words in there. Fiddling with the beginning of the track in Audacity, there seem to be two voices in the first 40-odd seconds of the track, a man and a woman.

Do vocal remover, (actually keeps the vocals and kills the synth cos the synth is center panned) then change speed up to 150% and you'll hear what I mean. Something like "Its not that I get qualified to get government (meals?)" "(Does that not) feel any better?"

Friendly Stranger
MrMessiah wrote:Huh, didn't realise there were words in there. Fiddling with the beginning of the track in Audacity, there seem to be two voices in the first 40-odd seconds of the track, a man and a woman.

Do vocal remover, (actually keeps the vocals and kills the synth cos the synth is center panned) then change speed up to 150% and you'll hear what I mean. Something like "Its not that I get qualified to get government (meals?)" "(Does that not) feel any better?"

There's a lot of that at beginning and ends of tracks. That quick hiss of sound, if you slow it down and mess about with it you can hear stuff. At the end of collapse I think there's one that if you slow down and reverse it's some kids repeating something about hugging

Posts Quantity
i noticed this tonight...

when listening digitally the static at the end of the track has a slow ascension in pitch and volume that leads right into the first beat of palace posy; it always snaps me out of the haze and refocuses my listening...

but on the vinyl it's the end of side 2, so there's this anticipatory build up that generates some anxiety and then just stops in silence and makes you dwell on the contrast. I take away something different from the track in each case.

Friendly Stranger
SneakyTT wrote:Been playing around with this track, speeding it up, etc. At around 200% speed I heard a voice saying "you are the enemy". You can hear it in the normal track, from 2:05 to 2:12. And then what sounds like a distant scream. Scary stuff.

I hear that one at normal speed but a few seconds earlier. At around 2:05 I think I hear "you are evil".

Friendly Stranger
Skyraider wrote:
SneakyTT wrote:Been playing around with this track, speeding it up, etc. At around 200% speed I heard a voice saying "you are the enemy". You can hear it in the normal track, from 2:05 to 2:12. And then what sounds like a distant scream. Scary stuff.

I hear that one at normal speed but a few seconds earlier. At around 2:05 I think I hear "you are evil".

What I meant was, I can hear it while listening at normal speed, but it's definitely slowed down.

Another one: 1:37-1:44 "you. . . little faggot". Anyone else hear it?

Sherbet Head

Dayvan Cowboy

Saw this, quite interesting documentary, btw start to like more this track, it feels like an intermission between TH, very thought provoking track, cool video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFoVnxAjOQo

Sherbet Head
yea it is, it could have been inspiration, i dunno.

The Collapse is going to happen, Europe is a mess, imo

Dayvan Cowboy
"if there is going to be a collapse, it is only by a design. that this system is broken and there's a better system."

https://youtu.be/6ytpvqweff4

Eagle Minded
modern technology gets in the way, messes up concentration and focus

Dayvan Cowboy
phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
arvy wrote:
phpBB [media]

What a joke.

Let's just keep consuming and pretend everything will be fine.

Eagle Minded
relevant for manaus

Dayvan Cowboy
I always saw that image in my head while listening to this track. Empty streets, waiting for something to happen...A nuclear missiles hit the target in 3,2,1...

Dayvan Cowboy
phpBB [media]

Eagle Minded
arvy wrote:
phpBB [media]

Not sure how this is relevant

Eagle Minded
This song has always stuck out for how beautiful and melancholic it is

Dayvan Cowboy
NTFMTS wrote:
arvy wrote:
phpBB [media]

Not sure how this is relevant

He’s talking about coming collapse, isn’t this track about it?

phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
phpBB [media]

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada