4 Perch
30%
5 polar sky
8%
6 rotane
5%

Total votes: 93

Friendly Stranger
Really tough choice between Perch and Long Shadows. Even though its generic, i had to vote for Perch since i really enjoy Inner Trey and CD design. Overall, i think its a solid design even though Long Shadows is pretty nostalgic. Wish you guys could do a variety release with all of them haha. They are all really good and seem more original this time compared to the previous OOT releases.

Happy Cycler
Kozydude wrote:Really tough choice between Perch and Long Shadows. Even though its generic, i had to vote for Perch since i really enjoy Inner Trey and CD design. Overall, i think its a solid design even though Long Shadows is pretty nostalgic. Wish you guys could do a variety release with all of them haha. They are all really good and seem more original this time compared to the previous OOT releases.

I'm not sure what's generic about Perch's design. Compared to the previous covers it has a "spacey" sort of feel and a withered sort of look, like an old record that's been a lot of places. All we've had so far are nature boc-tinted, child boc-tinted, minimalist, nature with cool line work and nature non boc-tinted. Nothing like smoke yet. Both those designs are very different from what we've had so far.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Happy Cycler
I'm drunk, but fuck this suit, perch wins, it's so cool looking . I love tribal. I love you all. I love this forum. Hail to the slugs. I'll be embarrassed in the morning . P

Posts Quantity
polar sky wrote:I'm drunk, but fuck this suit, perch wins, it's so cool looking . I love tribal. I love you all. I love this forum. Hail to the slugs. I'll be embarrassed in the morning . P

better to be embarrassed by some silly posts on the internet than by being a drunken mess in front of a bunch of people who you now wish had not seen you puke so much :lol:

Boqurant
Gotta give the nod to DaveJ... Such a cohesive and complete design, and I love the subtle motifs
Cerebro See Through Red Eye

www.soundcloud.com/miiiimuzik

Dayvan Cowboy
I wonder if it'd be possible to send each of the top 6 submissions copies of OoT6 using their design.. One of a kind! :)

Posts Quantity
Waterbagel wrote:I wonder if it'd be possible to send each of the top 6 submissions copies of OoT6 using their design.. One of a kind! :)

good idea! if i were one of the submitting artists i'd love that

Dayvan Cowboy
Looks like it's going to be a photo finish.... At this point I'd sincerely like to thank the other person who voted for mine!

Boqurant
Man I love your design as well though, it was far and away my second choice... And honestly I was very close to giving it my vote. I love the bold colors and the overall scheme, especially the shot of the solitary lighthouse; yours is also the best CD design in my view. I'm mystified it has only 2 votes...

I think the Long Shadows design sports what's easily the sexiest cover -- and my personal favorite -- but is slightly lacking in the other layouts. It's such a close race and deservedly so -- all the entries are nothing short of gorgeous. I love the idea of each participant receiving a copy of OoT6 adorned with their personal design. Again, brilliant work to each and all!

It's neck and neck!! This is getting interesting!! 8)

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Yeah I'm loving that it's so close.

Boqurant
I see the profile of a laughing skull on perch's cover, from about the shoulders up... It's pretty awesome.

Happy Cycler
You know, I've always wondered: why do we vote for covers? We don't vote for the tracks appearing on the album, yet we vote for the artwork.

Wouldn't the artwork need to be...you know, somewhat congruent with the music?

Is it never a factor at all? Curious about that. I'm not worried because the two leading have the same sort of level of darkness to them and I've talked to seven or so people now who told me about how they purposely "went dark" for big installment no. six (six six), but I'm wondering with hyperbole here whether or not if we all voted for artwork that was Winnie the Pooh in a summer forest or three dead skeletons with One on Twoism written in a death metal font, would the tracks chosen remain the same?

And what if votes are cast by accounts that have 0-5 posts with no avatar that just conveniently registered recently, are they removed? It almost seems like this system stems from the complete opposite sort of mindset to the track submission, where Robin and co. do all that internally based on what fits.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Dayvan Cowboy
el Cerebro wrote:I see the profile of a laughing skull on perch's cover, from about the shoulders up... It's pretty awesome.
totally!!

Happy Cycler
Rodheh wrote:You know, I've always wondered: why do we vote for covers? We don't vote for the tracks appearing on the album, yet we vote for the artwork.

While true, the reason we don't vote on the music is cuz Aesthetics mixes the album and finds the stuff which best flows together.

Unless that's not your point. <_<

Dayvan Cowboy
el Cerebro wrote:I see the profile of a laughing skull on perch's cover, from about the shoulders up... It's pretty awesome.

I see a bearded man, kind of an evil santa claus.

Boqurant
hahahaa yes! i see him too...

Site Admin
Rodheh wrote:You know, I've always wondered: why do we vote for covers? We don't vote for the tracks appearing on the album, yet we vote for the artwork.

Is it never a factor at all? Curious about that. I'm not worried because the two leading have the same sort of level of darkness to them and I've talked to seven or so people now who told me about how they purposely "went dark" for big installment no. six (six six), but I'm wondering with hyperbole here whether or not if we all voted for artwork that was Winnie the Pooh in a summer forest or three dead skeletons with One on Twoism written in a death metal font, would the tracks chosen remain the same?

And what if votes are cast by accounts that have 0-5 posts with no avatar that just conveniently registered recently, are they removed? It almost seems like this system stems from the complete opposite sort of mindset to the track submission, where Robin and co. do all that internally based on what fits.

I hear ya Rodheh.
It all grew this way over the first 2 editions. The OoT team at that time thought about giving the community a vote in the artwork process. I'm now the only one left and I don't mind how the process will go as long as the majority of the community is fine with it. I'll put up a poll or something when it's time for OoT7.

For now we'll continue what we started and I'm going to do another vote round with long shadows &
Perch as the voting was a tie.
Life is a Frequency

Sherbet Head
Aesthetics wrote:

I hear ya Rodheh.
It all grew this way over the first 2 editions. The OoT team at that time thought about giving the community a vote in the artwork process. I'm now the only one left and I don't mind how the process will go as long as the majority of the community is fine with it. I'll put up a poll or something when it's time for OoT7.

For now we'll continue what we started and I'm going to do another vote round with long shadows &
Perch as the voting was a tie.

Is voting over then? Fair play to the two lads if so, didn't know when voting was due to finish, but if it's done, that was very close! Look forward to the outcome of the next poll, should be very close too going by this!

Previous

Return to Twoism Records