animal collective

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
i hate ranking artists but boards of canada is always on top for me. i have also concluded that animal collective also has a very special place in my heart and high on my list. very close to boards.
obviously it's an entirely different kind of music but god i adore animal collective so much, everything they have done. any of you in love with them too? talk about your AnCo love with me!

i really can't choose a favorite album but their visual album oddsac is absolutely brilliant. especially if you've watched it on acid.

p.s. i saw them live twice last year (only under the influence of drugs during one of them) and they gave some of the best live performances i've seen.

Friendly Stranger
I fell in love with AnCo years ago in high school when I first heard Banshee Beat. When Merriweather came out it rekindled that love for me. Strawberry Jam holds a special place in my heart, it first clicked for me after smoking some cannabis and let me tell you, no album has sounded better for me while under the influence (besides Dark Side of the Moon).

Dayvan Cowboy
My favorite furry band

Posts Quantity
that psychedelic 'who could win a rabbit' tune from sung tongs blew my mind back in 2004. felt like i was playing soccer around friends daytime acid singalong.

animal collective listened to some of ariel pink's demo tapes and had the band signed to paw tracks in the early 2000s. consequently, it was ariel pink who to led me to paw tracks and thus to animal collective's music. now i'm all nostalgic about the heyday of netlabels. :(
you may think that you have not been programmed, but you have.

Eagle Minded
I saw them live a few months ago for the first time and it was probably the best concert I've ever seen. I always dug their material and their solo projects, but seeing them play in person really blew my mind and forever made me a fan.

Posts Quantity
cubistking1906 wrote:I saw them live a few months ago for the first time and it was probably the best concert I've ever seen. I always dug their material and their solo projects, but seeing them play in person really blew my mind and forever made me a fan.

i agree completely! where did you see them?

Happy Cycler
Feels is a fantastic record.

Friendly Stranger
Animal Collective are one of those bands that I suspect I'll love in the future, but haven't yet got round to discovering properly.

Where is a good place to start?

Posts Quantity
panic button wrote:Animal Collective are one of those bands that I suspect I'll love in the future, but haven't yet got round to discovering properly.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_Tb9rkAlL2k/UQSN0hjbEnI/AAAAAAAAEmU/c9kAMmBlFeo/s1600/1357597559886.png
^^^

i'd say merriweather post pavilion is a pretty good place to start.

Friendly Stranger
Cool flowchart. I had no idea they had so much material out.

Think I'll listen to Merriweather tonight.

Posts Quantity
panic button wrote:Cool flowchart. I had no idea they had so much material out.

Think I'll listen to Merriweather tonight.

wonderful! let us know what you think. that is a great album.

Posts Quantity
Synthestesia wrote:My favorite furry band

you seriously look like panda bear's brother or something

Posts Quantity
uf0party wrote:
panic button wrote:Animal Collective are one of those bands that I suspect I'll love in the future, but haven't yet got round to discovering properly.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_Tb9rkAlL2k/UQSN0hjbEnI/AAAAAAAAEmU/c9kAMmBlFeo/s1600/1357597559886.png

this flowchart is incredibly helpful. thank you.
you may think that you have not been programmed, but you have.

Posts Quantity
powershoes wrote:
uf0party wrote:

this flowchart is incredibly helpful. thank you.

haha i'm not sure who made it i just stumbled upon it once and was like 'wow this is perfect'

Return to This Random Sound