One on Twoism Volume 6 [Submission Topic]

WE DON'T BЯAINWASH

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Cupz wrote:Just relax...
BUT ARE THERE ANY UPDATES?

I was at a haunted house yesterday. This haunted house has many rooms and at the end there's a haunted maze. These four girls behind me kept asking each other "Are we in the maze yet? Is this the maze? Am I in the AHH CLOWN ROOM, CLOWNS OH GOD. Are we in the maze now? No, just an old kitchen. Oh, the maze? THE MAZE? IS THIS IT?!?" the whole time and it reminded me of how we always ask for updates in this sub-forum.

It was never the maze and even when we finally got to the maze they didn't know they were in the maze.

I ditched them eventually..they went the wrong way and some guy with a chainsaw made them cry.

This isn't to say anyone here is annoying (even I come here for updates on OOT as it's being worked on). It just reminded me of Twoism and the love I have for all of you so much so that in real life situations I relate it to this forum. :)
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Sherbet Head
Pretty sure everyone that's been around here long enough knows that Rob is the best guy for the job, it will take as long as it takes. Rob has a good ear, but that doesn't mean he can force the mix to sound good.

Haven't been on in a while, hope everyone has been well.

Dayvan Cowboy
krs wrote:Pretty sure everyone that's been around here long enough knows that Rob is the best guy for the job, it will take as long as it takes. Rob has a good ear, but that doesn't mean he can force the mix to sound good.

Haven't been on in a while, hope everyone has been well.

boc took 8 years to make their last record...

good things take time. it will take what it takes.

Boqurant
2020k wrote:
I was at a haunted house yesterday. This haunted house has many rooms and at the end there's a haunted maze. These four girls behind me kept asking each other "Are we in the maze yet? Is this the maze? Am I in the AHH CLOWN ROOM, CLOWNS OH GOD. Are we in the maze now? No, just an old kitchen. Oh, the maze? THE MAZE? IS THIS IT?!?" the whole time and it reminded me of how we always ask for updates in this sub-forum.

It was never the maze and even when we finally got to the maze they didn't know they were in the maze.

I ditched them eventually..they went the wrong way and some guy with a chainsaw made them cry.

This story absolutely cracks me up, man. "Am I in the AHH CLOWN ROOM, CLOWNS OH GOD." Hysterical! Thanks for the laughs I enjoyed it!
Cerebro See Through Red Eye

www.soundcloud.com/miiiimuzik

Dayvan Cowboy
krs wrote:Haven't been on in a while, hope everyone has been well.

Yeah, where you been?!

Happy Cycler
Alright, here we go: OOT hopefully soon!

Friendly Stranger
[quote="Rodheh"]Alright, here we go: OOT hopefully soon![/quote]

this year? december? jan-april 2015?

Happy Cycler
[quote="esaruoho"][quote="Rodheh"]Alright, here we go: OOT hopefully soon![/quote]

this year? december? jan-april 2015?[/quote]

I could be totally wrong, but something inside makes me feel like Robin is going to get it out essentially right before the year ends. Just a feeling though.

Sherbet Head
[quote="Waterbagel"][quote="krs"]
Haven't been on in a while, hope everyone has been well.[/quote]

Yeah, where you been?![/quote]

Working, trying to finish my album, just life. Hopefully I'll have it finished by spring or so.

Friendly Stranger
Are their any updates someone can give about OOT 6? Been way too long since i saw a reply to this post about the progress of this compilation. Still anxious to see which artists made it on the compilation, myself included.

Other than that, hope everyone had a good holiday! Really looking forward to 2015!

Site Admin
Yeah I was about posting an update.

Once I finish my best of 2014 mix I'll start again!
As I'm also entering enter the Bleep x XLR8R Mix Competition I luckily have a deadline (12th of January) this time ;)

If I'm not going to create a solid mix out of the OoT6 submissions before February I'll throw in the towel and will start looking for other candidates. I won't go into detail yet because I refuse to throw in the towel! Let's hope this deadline will force me to get it finally done..
Life is a Frequency

Happy Cycler
I really do hope you'll figure it out. A handful of twoismers have played their track(s) for me and they're really fantastic IMO. Cover art is also my favorite yet. Hopefully there's a good configuration in there and the mix sees the light of day.

Dayvan Cowboy
You can do it Grim!

Telepath
Best off 2014 is done. Time to go to work, big man!
Rock our socks off!

Telepath
Also, twoism, lets be supportive to our lord and saviour Aesthetics! INSPIRE!

Dayvan Cowboy
Haha I dont know if I even got onto this but Ive been holding my stuff back just in case. If not well im still superexcited for it.

Friendly Stranger
MrMessiah: ditto :)

Friendly Stranger
[quote="Aesthetics"]Yeah I was about posting an update.

Once I finish my best of 2014 mix I'll start again!
As I'm also entering enter the Bleep x XLR8R Mix Competition I luckily have a deadline (12th of January) this time ;)

If I'm not going to create a solid mix out of the OoT6 submissions before February I'll throw in the towel and will start looking for other candidates. I won't go into detail yet because I refuse to throw in the towel! Let's hope this deadline will force me to get it finally done..[/quote]

All good, don't see any reason to rush it out, just wanted to get an update on how things where going. Even if it takes till this summer, I'd rather see it get done than tossed out, better to get it out their than to give up and move on. Just my opinion, either way, hope it works out and you get it done before the new deadline.

Boqurant
Quite obviously, I have no way of knowing this for certain, but I feel like this has been a particularly troublesome batch of songs for you, Robin. The long incubation period and the apparent frustration evident in your updates are the most significant pieces of evidence upon which I base this conclusion. I can see how this could happen quite easily when attempting to assemble a continuous mix of more or less unconnected tracks gathered from a wide array of sources. Furthermore, the pinpoint precision and sublime flow of the mixing on previous OoT compilations makes it clear you're a craftsman of an especially meticulous variety. I feel that if the mix isn't going to work, then there's just no way around it--even in my severely limited experience with mixing I've encountered this classic problem. The quality of the series thus far occupies such an elite level that I don't see any need to force a finished product you're not entirely pleased with.

Personally, I see absolutely no problem in hitting the reset switch and putting out the call for a fresh batch of tracks. I say this even as a contributor to the the present work in progress. If this is indeed the necessary course of action, I'm completely behind it, though it may come as a disappointment to others. Regardless, I'm confident I speak for us all when I say that I really appreciate the hard work you continue to dedicate to these marvelous compilations. I'll be awaiting further details whenever they arrive, at your discretion of course!

Friendly Stranger
Speaking for myself, if one or both of my tracks don't fit, then ditch 'em.

It's supposed to be fun, not an ordeal. :)

PreviousNext

Return to Twoism Records