One on Twoism Volume 6 cover will be:

Poll ended at Fri May 09, 2014 8:32 pm

1 long shadows
43%
2 Perch
57%

Total votes: 76

Boqurant
I voted long shadows as well but if Perch's gets chosen could I suggest maybe using the twoism records logo from dave j's submission. Something about the border around the logo makes it look cleaner to me. Just an idea. Although Rodeh's suggestion could work aswell...toughest decision in a while.

Dayvan Cowboy
I feel like there would be a bit of a problem with incorporating both designs into one final OoT6 design.. You set a precedent that allows for ties. Now, with only a two-way tie, that's not a big deal. But what about next year? What if there are three fantastic designs that tie all the way? Five designs? At some point, you have to draw the line and pick one design.

So, for future compilations' sakes, I say just choose the winner. (no offence long shadows, I loooove yours)

EDIT: PS: i like locust's idea about the border. I think it would look a little cleaner too.

This is probably about right on reflection ^^

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
Aaawesome work everyone, sorry I didn't get a chance to say before. I love this stuff, hopefully fair use will keep me out of prison for setting these as desktop backgrounds. I do kinda like that idea of including one/more of the "non-winners"...maybe like in an inner booklet? Maybe it's too ambitious effort-wise or a bad precedent, but releases with extra 'stuff' like that are right up my alley personally, and it could make the voting be for what headlines on the cover/back (while everyone wins regardless). Just a second thought.

Dayvan Cowboy
^along these lines..

Boy do I love extra goodies! :lol:

Sherbet Head
mr3 wrote:Aaawesome work everyone, sorry I didn't get a chance to say before. I love this stuff, hopefully fair use will keep me out of prison for setting these as desktop backgrounds. I do kinda like that idea of including one/more of the "non-winners"...maybe like in an inner booklet? Maybe it's too ambitious effort-wise or a bad precedent, but releases with extra 'stuff' like that are right up my alley personally, and it could make the voting be for what headlines on the cover/back (while everyone wins regardless). Just a second thought.

As a "non-winner" ;) I personally don't see that being a good idea, better to have one full complete design in the one style than go messing things up and making stuff confusing, just wouldn't be a coherent design and would take away from the hard work the lads put in too. Just my opinion and can't speak for anyone else, but any album artwork surely had some unsuccessful pieces of artwork, the idea is to come up with a strong and successful one, you don't often see a load of random ones just lumped in together at the last minute in fairness. I say leave it to the two that are there, as people did vote for them like, and picking and mixing bits and pieces will look very odd, and confusing too.

Happy Cycler
Waterbagel wrote:I feel like there would be a bit of a problem with incorporating both designs into one final OoT6 design.. You set a precedent that allows for ties.

Or maybe Perch wins, like the poll will probably yield, and then the two collaborate on some adjustments if they want to, and if Robin approves of it. It's not a "tie" in that regard, I'm mainly just seeing text/font that could go to waste on long shadows' design, and the fact that it just happened to be minimal made an idea like this easy. Even if it were just that, it'd be Perch's background completely. This is something that is up to the two of them and Robin. I love both but I see potential for them being far stronger if combined, that is all. If this becomes more about some sort of slippery slope thing and about competition (bear in mind we have the privilege of actually being able to vote for the artwork) rather than simply trying to find the best possible artwork for the compilation, that's pretty sad. I don't expect what I suggested to happen, but I would expect that the community would be more interested in what looks the best. If that is either Perch's or long shadows' vanilla designs for some people, vote for them and one will win. I also, looking at the last two times we did this, can confidently say that there will be no five way ties. I voted for Perch in the first round (not voting in this one) and that was the first time I've ever seen it be so close and end in a tie.

I was only looking at the situation in terms of what would be the most impressive artwork. We pick what we think looks good, we don't pick something just because we want it to win. It's about what works. Robin had mentioned to me that all audio tracks were "accepted", and that if it wasn't included that it just didn't flow correctly with the compilation. It's not a situation where somebody's track is defeated by another. It's the exact opposite with artwork submission as it stands, and I feel that if a tie arose, the community could sit down and have a rational discussion regarding what works the best, including the artists, eventually coming to the right decision. There wouldn't have to be a winner. Instead, we have the voting and people posting in huge font who it is they want to win, or someone telling me off the thread "man, I'm glad that one didn't win". I'm not in charge but none of this correlates with what the rest of Twoism is like. Frankly, I've always found it atypical that we vote before even hearing the music, but again I am not in charge obviously.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Dayvan Cowboy
longshadows....please. as nice as perch's design is...its too pink floyd.
lets break away and try something different

Site Admin
Congratulations Perch! You are the a winner!! :D

I will take all recommendations into consideration but I don't think Perch wants his design being altered by long shadows design, right Perch?

It would be fun to use long shadows design for the promotion and perhaps use it for the site. Still don't have anyone who is doing the design.... ANYONE OUT THERE???
Last edited by Aesthetics on Wed May 14, 2014 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is a Frequency

Friendly Stranger
Aesthetics wrote:Congratulations Perch! You are the a winner!! :D

I will take all recommendations into consideration but I don't think Perch wants his design being altered by long shadows design, right Perch?

It would be fun to use long shadows design for the promotion and perhaps use it for the site. Still don't have anyone who is doing the design.... ANYONE OUT THERE???

I did let some of my Internet savvy friends know about this, but i haven't heard back. I really wish i knew how to create a layout or demo for a microsite, i have some ideas for it, just lack the knowledge to create a demo site.

Boqurant
I'm useless in any advanced computer related scenario, but I do have some friends I could relay the opportunity to...
And congrats to Perch!
Cerebro See Through Red Eye

www.soundcloud.com/miiiimuzik

Friendly Stranger
congrats perch. top notch stuff. I'm happy you got it. really looking forward to hearing the compilation now.

Aesthetics, or anyone else feel free to use my design for anything if you wish. Perch would be welcome to try to incorporate it if s/he wants, but personally, I don't think its a good idea. His/her design works really good as it is. I wouldn't mess with it.

Dayvan Cowboy
i'm happy to build a site if any designers want to send me visuals. im sure there are some pretty cool microsite-y things you could do with both long shadows design and perch's.

Congratulations to Perch for an awesome design and well played too to Long Shadows for an equally superb piece of work. Kudos for such a dignified post from LongShadows above too.

What a talented bunch we have here. Never ceases to amaze me 8)

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
More grats, roger Roger to Dave, and Techboy you da man

Posts Quantity
Thanks for the support everyone! Paul and I are pretty pumped. After I get home from work today I'll get some images and things out to Techboy, if he would like. As for combining the designs, I wouldn't want to betray people who enjoyed either long shadows or our own by themselves. Otherwise, yeah I mean the microsite is still fair game if you guys feel it could utilize either.

What should I do now, other than get some files out to the web-designers? Is there some finalized text I should change the back to (ie. track/artist list, bottom credits)?

Site Admin
Perch wrote:What should I do now, other than get some files out to the web-designers? Is there some finalized text I should change the back to (ie. track/artist list, bottom credits)?

I'll contact you once the mixing stage is nearing its end, which at this point is far from being finished.

thanks techboy. I guess you and Perch can set the ball rolling?
Life is a Frequency

Posts Quantity
Perch

Previous

Return to Twoism Records