newcleardawn.com update...

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
A Google search of the Hexagon Sun PO box brought up this cool Music70 description on Discogs:

Music70
Profile:
Music70 makes short films and creates images, paintings and other art. It's done purely for ourselves and our friends, and it has no commercial aims at all. Most Music70 work is like D.I.Y., but it's always emotional.

Owned and operated by Boards of Canada's Mike Sandison and Marcus Eoin.
Contact Info:
Boards of Canada,
Hexagon Sun,
PO Box 28607,
Edinburgh,
Scotland EH14 7YA,
United Kingdom
Sites:
music70.com

Posts Quantity
cubistking1906 wrote:A Google search of the Hexagon Sun PO box brought up this cool Music70 description on Discogs:

Music70
Profile:
Music70 makes short films and creates images, paintings and other art. It's done purely for ourselves and our friends, and it has no commercial aims at all. Most Music70 work is like D.I.Y., but it's always emotional.

Very cool description. Thanks for pointing that out.

Happy Cycler
I really want to see some of these short films !
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Eagle Minded
If you look at the NCD website a certain way, the eye makes an O, so it says, "ONCD Systems: FNORD", as in it's on CD systems that the hypnotic (fnord) messages will play.

*Cue evil laughter*

Also, boc finally used the eye and the pyramid symbol overtly on something.

Eagle Minded
i'm wondering if it's just a project of another hexagon sunner
last.fm/user/ienjoycheese ~ [hence i see joy]

Eagle Minded
fujee wrote:I really want to see some of these short films !

isn't the video with 'invocation' one of these? for some reason i thought it was...

Eagle Minded
Yeah the Invocation video is only official boc video besides Dayvan Cowboy.

There is that web loops bit as well which is a capture of an old version of their web site.

Youtube: Boards of Canada - Web Loops

Edit: I forgot but there is this video of a live version of Julie and Candy and that some claim is legit boc. Read up on the username: Atalanta Fugiens.

Youtube: Julie and Candy

Eagle Minded
cubistking1906 wrote:Yeah the Invocation video is only official boc video besides Dayvan Cowboy.

There is that web loops bit as well which is a capture of an old version of their web site.

Youtube: Boards of Canada - Web Loops

Edit: I forgot but there is this video of a live version of Julie and Candy and that some claim is legit boc. Read up on the username: Atalanta Fugiens.

Youtube: Julie and Candy

Yup, there's a thread about it here: http://www.twoism.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7800

Friendly Stranger
iec wrote:i'm wondering if it's just a project of another hexagon sunner

Hey, first time posting here. Forgive me for weighing on an aging discussion.

I agree, this is probably just some fun curiosity of one of the Hex Sun members, and it probably doesn't contain hidden messages to BoC fans about a forthcoming album.

But, I'm too eager for a new album to not think about it. And I'm curious to know if anybody else sees what I see (its a bit silly).

I did a quick reverse image search on the pyramid, which turns out to be the palace of peace and reconciliation in Kazakhstan. Second image shows a library in the background. The third image, could be construed as a sort of appropriated BoC logo. And the last one, a handshake, represents an agreement.

So, my silly theory is this. We album hungry fans ask, where is the new album?

This website answers: at the Palace of Peace and Reconciliation, in the library, ask the receptionist for the BoC Album, she'll ask you to agree to something (to listen only, to not tell your friends where you found it, to pay $17.95, etc...), and the album is yours.

I know this is silly (and implausible), but for the sake of enjoying some speculation, does anybody else see this?

Sherbet Head
long shadows wrote:

I agree, this is probably just some fun curiosity of one of the Hex Sun members, and it probably doesn't contain hidden messages to BoC fans about a forthcoming album.

But, I'm too eager for a new album to not think about it. And I'm curious to know if anybody else sees what I see (its a bit silly).

I did a quick reverse image search on the pyramid, which turns out to be the palace of peace and reconciliation in Kazakhstan. Second image shows a library in the background. The third image, could be construed as a sort of appropriated BoC logo. And the last one, a handshake, represents an agreement.

This website answers: at the Palace of Peace and Reconciliation, in the library, ask the receptionist for the BoC Album, she'll ask you to agree to something (to listen only, to not tell your friends where you found it, to pay $17.95, etc...), and the album is yours.

I know this is silly (and implausible), but for the sake of enjoying some speculation, does anybody else see this?

To be quite honest, I think you're insane. But I like this theory nonetheless. If I can ever afford a trip to Kazakhstan I'll be sure to give this a try
"Life is a stupid, meaningless thing that has nothing to teach you." -Slavoj Zizek

Eagle Minded
long shadows wrote:

i might be too stoned but you just won best first post. welcome to the forum.
last.fm/user/ienjoycheese ~ [hence i see joy]

Telepath
BoC is researching us. I bet they check these forums.

Telepath

Sherbet Head
Guido wrote:
Techboy wrote:i contacted somebody and asked them to run a reverse whois for me and can assure you that none of the domain names are interesting, just already known such as marcussandison.com and marcuseoin.com and an edinburgh jewellery designer whose website no longer exists, and some other PO Box 28607s, unrelated to EH14. so yeah... boring, move on

I am the person who discovered New Clear Dawn and this is exactly how I found it, by requesting a list of domains hosted on the same server as boardsofcanada.com. It actually cost me a few bucks, but it was worth it ;).

Oh and the jewellery designer, I think I know who that is. Right after I posted a link to that website MDG removed my posts within minutes. It's as if that guy is lurking here 24/7 and intervenes whenever he thinks that's necessary. I personally think censorship is a bad thing but whatever.

And Ustillhavefriends, yes that was already discovered..

That's very interesting Guido.

I wonder why MDG did that.. Maybe try posting it again. Just to see what happens..
You were on to something Guido..

Eagle Minded
The collective operates for the most part in secret so I imagine any attempts we make to connect other artists or businesses to Hexagon Sun will be denied. It is a bit disrespectful to disclose such connections without permission, but it's understandable that the hiatus has made it kind of tough not to snoop around.

Sherbet Head
Earthbound wrote:
Guido wrote:
Techboy wrote:i contacted somebody and asked them to run a reverse whois for me and can assure you that none of the domain names are interesting, just already known such as marcussandison.com and marcuseoin.com and an edinburgh jewellery designer whose website no longer exists, and some other PO Box 28607s, unrelated to EH14. so yeah... boring, move on

I am the person who discovered New Clear Dawn and this is exactly how I found it, by requesting a list of domains hosted on the same server as boardsofcanada.com. It actually cost me a few bucks, but it was worth it ;).

Oh and the jewellery designer, I think I know who that is. Right after I posted a link to that website MDG removed my posts within minutes. It's as if that guy is lurking here 24/7 and intervenes whenever he thinks that's necessary. I personally think censorship is a bad thing but whatever.

And Ustillhavefriends, yes that was already discovered..

That's very interesting Guido.

I wonder why MDG did that.. Maybe try posting it again. Just to see what happens..
You were on to something Guido..

what you guys are talking about seems interesting, can you clear it up a bit? i am interested, but lost at the same time.

Eagle Minded

Eagle Minded
And no that's not a BOC logo. It's the Bohemian Club logo.

Sherbet Head
So has anyone figured out what ncd1.jpg and ncd2.jpg are?

And...the whois has been updated. There's an email

Maybe it's a TOR website actually?

Sherbet Head
It's definitely not a hash, here it is 27kcgxxynwhxi3yxd0hydy6yetpe5v

The email 27kcgxxynwhxi3yxd0hydy6yetpe5v@hexagonsun.com I think I got it right

I've sent them an email, I wonder if they'll respond?

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada