3rd annual Twoism meet - Sat 4th July 2015 - Dorset, UK

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Fantastic evening. Thanks for the good memories.

Off to Scotland this evening, so tired.

Happy Cycler
Wind.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Dayvan Cowboy
Back home hosed down and slept off. Thanks all for another fun night, even though I turned in early. See you next year :)

Hope you all have a great time in Scotland too!

Posts Quantity
Rodheh wrote:Wind.

Heart.
mikeyholmes.bandcamp.com

Cupz, if you're reading this, Jonse has a little gift for you from Robin and all of us. I think you'll like it ;-)

Slow down...

Three years in and this thing just gets better and better.

If you'd told me back in 2013 that we'd welcome Twoismers from Los Angeles, New York and Phoenix, I'd have rightly assumed you were insane and yet...

Still, sometimes things don't always go smoothly. Those of us arriving early hooked up the night before for a beer in The Granary, Wareham and watched from their riverside balcony as a storm of truly biblical proportions rolled in over the Purbecks. Next morning, the vagaries of an overly-officious UK border guard also put a major spanner in the works, reminders that no matter how well we plan these things something can always come out of leftfield. Unperturbed, 14 dorks descended on Dorset, all basically here to listen to a ratty old boombox, eat, drink, and hope the notoriously fickle British weather didn't wash them into the English Channel.

Was truly incredible to welcome our overseas guests, bkillsb, rodheh and adecentman. But it was equally awesome to welcome back Novayshun, Scotronica and Matty after their sabbatical in 2014.

As far as I recall (and you'll have to forgive me, I was leathered after 2 and half pints of cider, 6 cans of Carlsberg export, spiced rum, Tallisker and a draw on Matty's hash pipe), we had Campfire Headphase, the last few tracks from Tomorrow's Harvest, a bit of Stars of the Lid, Miles Davis, Vangelis....I forget what else.

However, there was one special moment, thanks to Ae. Five pristine copies of the new One On Twoism Vol.6 compilation as gifts to our deserving travelers. Fredd-e also sent his regards with a cool BOCPages gift too - thanks man! Showcasing Robin's mix was, for me, the highlight. It was amazing to see the reaction to what is a real watershed moment for the OOT series in my view. This one is going to be big, so get on it people! Cupz, Rodheh has your copy ;-)

As midnight loomed, a glorious full moon arrived over the sea, casting monolithic shadows against the cave walls. Glowsticks were made into headbands and necklaces, Vballs gave a demand performance of his drunken Englishmen on a clifftop routine. As Thom Yorke once sang 'Stand up, sit down!'. A hero in human form.

And so, onto Scotland!

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
I'm glad everyone had fun. Maybe in a few years I will come.
"I'm not moaning! I'm humming a very low-pitched song."

Posts Quantity
Glad you all had a good time. Love the standing logs pic. Pity about poor cupz, typical bureaucratic bullshit.
freedom of movement in the EU ? yeh sure.

Now MEX, that picture, Who's who left to right ? :)

Ok, so in the first photo we have (L to R): Vballs, Scotronica, Rikkiebags (back row), Aerial Boundaries, Techboy (with sunglasses), Rodheh (back row), adecentman (waving), IanRedpoint, MrMessiah, me (crouching), Twoist (having a beer), bkillsb, Novayashun, Matty.

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
...by the way...

Aerial and myself are in Edinburgh, near the coast (Leith) and we're going to be here for four nights.

Yeah.

There's beer. Anyone near by fancy a drink?

Note from AB: Fuck yes,
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Happy Cycler
^^ bah, I think of got stuff on every night this week.

Leith is my favourite part of Edinburgh.

Pub-wise, head for the Carrier's Quarters, The King's Wark (great for pub food too), The Ship on the Shore, the Shore Bar. Nobles and The Compass on Constitution St is good too.

Diner 7 on Commercial St does brilliant burgers, the Raj & Britannia Spice on Commercial St do good curries (look across the road on that corner - there's some high flats with an anchor outside the development - I used to live in there :) ). There is a great chippy (Pierno's) on Bernard St.

Local knowledge lads, grab it.

No chance of joining us next Saturday by the way?

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Sadly not - I'm heading back to the old country for a family thing. I was holding off committing to see if there was a chance I could do it, but I'll be heading down south on Saturday afternoon.

Happy Cycler
Was was I thinking!? I forgot to recommend Teuchter's Landing for beers.

Always a great selection of guest beers and a fantastic whisky selection. If you go, try & grab a seat outside on the pontoon.

Sherbet Head
That was a great night! and awesome to meet new people and see last years crew again. Really gutted I passed out.. what a dick! I would have happily chilled out and watched the sun come up with the others.

How great was the red moon? At one point it looked like the sun decided to come back up... fucking cool and just as One on Twoism volume 6 was playing too.

Just glad you found your phone chap!

Have you seen the weather for next Saturday? I think your cabin could become popular! ;-)

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
Cheers, cant believe I walked all the way back down to the venue and back again and the damn phone was under my passenger seat all the time, camouflaged.

Dayvan Cowboy
Cheers for the recs northern. There is a chippy near us that does fried pizza lol. I see Scotland's reputation is deserved ;)

Eagle Minded
so how big of a mess was there at the end? :)

Sherbet Head
We leave no mess. . Only, burning embers perhaps and some footprints ;-)

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground