ONE ON TWOISM - VINYL RELEASE UPDATE / NEW POLL

WE DON'T BЯAINWASH

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Would you purchase OOT6 on vinyl, based on the new price?

YES! I'd buy one copy
40%
YES! I'd buy more than one copy (please comment to specify how many)
9%
Maybe. I'd want to know more first though. (fire away with the questions)
9%
No. Too rich for me.
28%
No. Just not interested in vinyl regardless of the price.
16%

Total votes: 58

Boqurant
seriously though Grim, a millions thanks to you for your outstanding efforts on this matter, regardless of the outcome (I'm quite curious to hear this download--thanks for it!) it has been a lot of fun being a part of this project and excitedly tracking its progress, from start to finish.

I must add that maybe at least now the igloo mag peeps get a chance to review it--I truly feel like this edition hasn't gotten the respect it deserves, and I say that having heard the past volumes and being well familiar with the OoT catalogue. The best part is that of course sometime we can give it another go, we've got the collective skills, and skills tend to become more honed with time and practice!
Cerebro See Through Red Eye

www.soundcloud.com/miiiimuzik

Posts Quantity
Hi Aesthetics
I can feel your disappointment… you tried hard pal, and thank you for doing so. I think everyone here appreciates the effort you put into all of these releases. Maybe for future reference it could be worth talking to the folk at A Strangely Isolated Place? They brought out their Europe compilation last year on double blue vinyl, all ambient/downtempo/modern classical type tracks. The sound quality is superb, even bearing in mind coloured translucent vinyl (usually lower sound quality than black vinyl).

Thanks again Ae. We all owe you a beer. :)

Dayvan Cowboy
Call me a pleb but these audio files sound passable to me. The commonplace artifacts inherent to the medium are present, but I've heard far worse pressings make to store shelves.
My debut Sweguno EP 'Adapteras' is available here: https://atavisticspasmrecords.bandcamp. ... apteras-ep

Site Admin
Goiter Sanchez wrote:Call me a pleb but these audio files sound passable to me. The commonplace artifacts inherent to the medium are present, but I've heard far worse pressings make to store shelves.
These audio files are before the cutting not an extraction of the audio after the cutting. ;) I wish this was a mixdown of the vinyl master!
Life is a Frequency

Dayvan Cowboy
Aesthetics wrote:
Goiter Sanchez wrote:Call me a pleb but these audio files sound passable to me. The commonplace artifacts inherent to the medium are present, but I've heard far worse pressings make to store shelves.
These audio files are before the cutting not an extraction of the audio after the cutting. ;) I wish this was a mixdown of the vinyl master!

Ah, so I'm not crazy! I figured this was a vinyl rip for some reason.
My debut Sweguno EP 'Adapteras' is available here: https://atavisticspasmrecords.bandcamp. ... apteras-ep

Happy Cycler
Downloading the vinyl master now. I do want to see how it sounds as I've recently come to the point where I feel I may need to redact my guarantee that I'd buy a couple copies. I said that when I'd only listened to the compilation a few times, without headphones or speakers greater than those on Mexi's boombox. There's a few things that I wanted to mention and had held off on mentioning since this compilation almost didn't happen. I debated whether or not I should mention those things and eventually realised that if I can't without it somehow being a problem, I may as well not be on Twoism anymore.

Having listened to it many times, I'm certain the compilation would have benefited from pauses (I understand the intention of the flow but it isn't exactly a DJ set) and alternative methods of transition in certain areas. The latter is my primary concern and a technique employed throughout damages a couple tracks. "Interlude 2" is also rendered almost completely indistinguishable, not knowing what the source track sounded like. I'll go into depth about it later in some way that doesn't require anyone to read a long post, but the point is that I've come to the conclusion that a "passable", slightly lower fidelity vinyl would actually make the compilation better than the FLAC download for all the wrong reasons (excluding the mandatory pause). That, obviously, is not the right way to go into the idea of putting this on wax.

Thank you for sharing the still-digital vinyl master. I'll have to give it a listen as I get the feeling the mix itself may be better than the normal mix, even without the Keep You Here/Swallow Illusions Whole transition.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Telepath
I disagree, Rodheh. I think the uninterupted flow of the album is quintessential to its design. Twoism is a brotherhood and the indistinguishableness of it all is what makes it so great to me. When I put on OoT, I don't want to listen to a Scyye, Boreal Network, Simulate Televangelist, whoever song, I want to hear Twoism, the forum, as a full-blown audio experience! This is also one of the reasons I refrained from submitting something this time, I didn't want the flow to be interupted by "oh right here comes my song" that made 5 a bit less enjoyable to me, and it has surely benefitted my experience of 6!

Also, I always thought a cassette release would suit OoT more then vinyl.

Funny you should mention cassettes... ;-)

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:Funny you should mention cassettes... ;-)

Oh you. :p

Happy Cycler
Cupz wrote:I disagree, Rodheh. I think the uninterupted flow of the album is quintessential to its design. Twoism is a brotherhood and the indistinguishableness of it all is what makes it so great to me. When I put on OoT, I don't want to listen to a Scyye, Boreal Network, Simulate Televangelist, whoever song, I want to hear Twoism, the forum, as a full-blown audio experience! This is also one of the reasons I refrained from submitting something this time, I didn't want the flow to be interupted by "oh right here comes my song" that made 5 a bit less enjoyable to me, and it has surely benefitted my experience of 6!

Also, I always thought a cassette release would suit OoT more then vinyl.

I wasn't trying to imply "pauses" as "interrupted flow".

I mean, the track prior to the MotorRad one doesn't "flow" into the other track so much as it stops. The production is totally different and that overlaps for a second. Not making a big deal out of that, that didn't hurt anything - arbitrarily screwing with the tempo of tracks that don't even have percussion/tempo clashing or percussion at all and ruining the beginning of a fantastic vignette (no offense, Ochre/Aes/whoever) does - it hurts both tracks on each end and the thing as a whole. That's just my opinion. That effect worked out only with Keep You Here/Swallow Illusions Whole, so much so in that amazing transition that I can't tell whether or not it was like that to begin with. It sounds like a skipping CD everywhere else.

TTK's track picks up from a quiet moment flawlessly. This is more what I meant by a pause. I have no idea if other artists submitted their tracks with enough ambient noise/redundant loops on either end of their track, but if not then it probably wouldn't hurt to say "hey, we need a short interlude kind of like [whatever]" and being able to include great tracks. Not my compilation though, so whatever.

Obviously, I wouldn't have any interest in this either if it weren't still representative of the people who submitted their tracks to it (but I don't seem to have that same issue you described). The purpose would be defeated entirely if not. I just don't see how a good call here and there screws up the idea. I'm not talking large spaces of silence whatsoever, vinyl listeners are the ones who will have to deal with that.

And yes, Mexi's cassette is probably the best copy of this volume in existence.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

If only for sentimental value ;-)

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
Mexicola wrote:If only for sentimental value ;-)

is it possible we'd see a OoT Vol. 6 cassette someday?

That was what I was hinting at. Not certain, but let's just say discussions have been had.

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
Mexicola wrote:That was what I was hinting at. Not certain, but let's just say discussions have been had.

youve said too much. im going to take this imformation and get my hopes outrageously high :roll:

Boqurant
Mexicola wrote:That was what I was hinting at. Not certain, but let's just say discussions have been had.

do it

;-)

Slow down...

Friendly Stranger
I know this thread has died a little, just wanna chuck my 2 cents in....Vol 7 was probably the best (in terms of flow) for me, and would work incredibly well on vinyl. I don't think the price is bad, for a limited pressing. That said, in todays vinyl boom, I don't know if it would make it harder or easier to get it printed at the right cost?

....Cassette tapes are also sounding good tho! :wink:
All NNYz? music....Streams CDs & digital....https://linktr.ee/NNYz

Telepath
\\/\\/45

Eagle Minded
Cupz wrote:\\/\\/45

refer to satisfact snip 34?
30958340958345834538049583409583045803495803498509485049584095830948530958409809834757856848684645
Mexicola wrote:Marcus had that beard and longer hair waaaaay back.

Happy Cycler
Cupz wrote:\\/\\/45

\\/\\/45 |\|()7!

PreviousNext

Return to Twoism Records