BoC podcast

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
hey friends. i recently took part in my first podcast discussing my love for all things boc with some buddies. keep in mind it's mostly an introduction to the band, meant more as a jumping off point for those unfamiliar with the brothers boc. in doing so we did not go deep and talk about much of lore, back catalog, the old tunes saga and themes explored within the music. hardcore fans may not get much out of it but take a listen if you're so inclined. the episode is up tomorrow but here's a nice little promo

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 6676666176

i compiled a playlist as a compendium to the episode and while it's going to be old hat to you all ill include it here as well

https://open.spotify.com/user/thinkdont ... nc8cqhRScJ

oh i also made sure to name check the board as well as bocpages so there may be up tick of traffic of one or two people over the next while :) always love fresh meat

cheers!
If you're not happy looking a knob in the face, there's something wrong. - Karl Pilkington

Eagle Minded
episode is up, hope everyone enjoys it!

https://m.mixcloud.com/Snobcastlive/sno ... of-canada/
If you're not happy looking a knob in the face, there's something wrong. - Karl Pilkington

Dayvan Cowboy
i like boc podcasts, gonna check it out, maybe will hear something new, thanks!

Eagle Minded
shameless self bump

I wasn't sure if I would listen to the thing because like everyone I detest my own voice and I was worried I would come off as a total ass hat. However I'm pleasantly surprised it turned out much better than I could have hoped.

Hoping we get to do another episode so we can go deep into BoC.

Well that sounded gross.

Site Admin
Always great to hear other people talk passionately about the music they like and especially if it's BoC ;) There should be another episode with more of these anecdotes! Awesome to have a shout out at Fredd-E (BoCpages) and twoism.org. Also well surprised with the end track of Ciaran Byrne :D

Great show, way too short though. It shouldn't have started at 54:45. Almost an hour too late. ;)
Life is a Frequency

Nova Scotia Robot
Great show!

Friendly Stranger
Good job I enjoyed this! It's weird but cool to hear people actually talking about boc, I've never known someone irl who knows about them :)

Sherbet Head
thinkdontpray. just want to give you some props on your nod to tool and bill hicks in your avatar picture

seeing tool live was like a spiritual experience, unbelievably powerful band.

Eagle Minded
thinkdontpray wrote:Hoping we get to do another episode so we can go deep into BoC.

Well that sounded gross.

Gross? That just so happens to be the content of my dreams every night. Every. Single. Night.

Eagle Minded
Fireal420 wrote:thinkdontpray. just want to give you some props on your nod to tool and bill hicks in your avatar picture

seeing tool live was like a spiritual experience, unbelievably powerful band.

i envy you sir, i have yet to see them live and for a while there i thought they were done as a band. but sounds like they're in studio and have been playing the odd show so i still have hope!

huh, i just realized tool and boc share something in common, long radio silence between releases. and every time they do release a record its fantastic.

thanks for the kind words folks, i was sort of expecting to come back and see the thread buried as boc podcast isn't the most tantalizing byline.

i had to name check you guys and fredd-e because this place is the cats tits and i needed to cite my sources!

also i feel really bad about my pronunciation of ciaran byrne's name because im positive it isn't siren biron

if and when we do a part 2, and its looking like we will, i will consult the board and we can make it a team effort

thanks again everyone!

Posts Quantity
Oh ya I was listening while doing some bland digging around last week. It felt like I was there for some reason. Weird. Anyway, great work.

Return to Boards of Canada