strangest place to hear boc

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Dayvan Cowboy currently soundtracking the BBC's advert for EU referendum coverage.

Dayvan Cowboy
Heard today: Turquoise Hexagon Sun and Music is Math at the ER of the regional hospital in the staff area, it was 5am and it was eerily soft and perfect for work.
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Posts Quantity

Eagle Minded
Fuck yeah, Gonjasufi!
"Fall in love with some activity, and do it! Nobody ever figures out what life is all about, and it doesn't matter. Explore the world. Nearly everything is really interesting if you go into it deeply enough." - Richard P. Feynman

Sherbet Head
i was just at the mall, at sears.. which is also one of the strangest places to find me.

anyway.

i was looking at polo shirts and began feeling spacey, followed by a familiar sound beginning to play over the speakers. i then realized the track "left side drive" was beginning to play.

on a side note, the next track to play was madonna.

Telepath
boc are the madonna of idm

Sherbet Head
phpBB [media]

speaking of madonna, heres a headie kruder and dorfmeister remix.

you guys will all enjoy this

Dayvan Cowboy

Cupz wrote:boc are the madonna of idm

Spoiler: show
boc are the rick roll of idm

If you're in the UK, turn on BBC Alba NOW!!! 'On The Tracks Of The Wild Otter' showing right now. Yes, THAT documentary from 1983 used in An Eagle In Your Mind. Amazing to see it in TV!

Slow down...

Not an especially strange place, but Gideon Coe playing the Peel session version of Happy Cycling / Bad Day. On BBC6Music now. Or iPlayer of course. Another track from the session to follow before midnight too (EDIT: XYZ)

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
From the grave.

Boqurant
Went suit shopping today with my fiance and friends and walked into a classy expensive suit shop in the city to hear Peacock Tail with Dayvan Cowboy following it! Since nobody I know listens to them and my friends all think I listen to weird, obscure non-music, I immediately pointed it out to my group and got a bit overexcited at hearing it :D I may have implied to my fiance that BoC playing in such a classy place meant that I listen to classy music and was a classy person. Unfortunately the store didn't have anything like what I was after, but it made me want to buy from there just for playing BoC!

BBC4, Battle For The Himalayas: The Fight to Film Everest.

Excellent documentary, with Transmisiones Ferox used just after half way through.

Slow down...

Friendly Stranger
Baby Driver, the recent movie, to my absolute surprise had 'Ready Let's Go' play midway through the movie. Couldn't believe it.

Also, like 2 days ago I was walking by a TV and heard 'Seeya Later' playing, I looked what was on the TV, it was FOX News using it as transition music. What.

Eagle Minded
Dunno if anyone noticed Sundown being featured in Louis Theroux's latest documentary about the opioid crisis in the US.

Not BOC, but the BBC seem to be using a blatant Gemini rip off in the trailer for their series 'The Detectives - Murder On The Streets'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05gh21k

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
Mexicola wrote:Not BOC, but the BBC seem to be using a blatant Gemini rip off in the trailer for their series 'The Detectives - Murder On The Streets'.

Nah that's just Sega Sunset by Lorn. It was released like a month after Tomorrow's Harvest :P

Nottoolate wrote:
Mexicola wrote:Not BOC, but the BBC seem to be using a blatant Gemini rip off in the trailer for their series 'The Detectives - Murder On The Streets'.

Nah that's just Sega Sunset by Lorn. It was released like a month after Tomorrow's Harvest :P

THANK YOU! Been trying to find out what it was!! :-)

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
There is a steak house in the uptown area of Minneapolis, MN called "Birch". The owner has a unique playlist and features selections from Boards of Canada and Black Moth Super Rainbow, among many others. Almost every time I have eaten there, i've heard Gyroscope and Early 70's Gymnastics playing. Strange tracks for a high-end steak house.

Eagle Minded
Mexicola wrote:
Nottoolate wrote:

THANK YOU! Been trying to find out what it was!! :-)

I got you, fam. Lorn is fantastic though, some of his stuff has a BOC-ish vibe but I think he's got something unique going on with his general production style.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada