GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

I'll speak to Ae about adding the sarcasm bbcode. Could come in handy in several other threads to be honest ;-)

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Valotonin wrote:Forgot to add the <sarcasm></sarcasm> tags.

Keep going, though.

I knew you were being sarcastic, good chance to talk about the 110s though. :P

What's on deck for tomorrow? Wonder if they'll finally promote the Sometimes video...

Eagle Minded
keep posting Opothecary, you're a beacon in slow and sometimes banal times.

Dayvan Cowboy
Opothecary wrote: Wonder if they'll finally promote the Sometimes video...

It would be interesting if they did. It seems comfortably low-key though as it is.
Does anyone know if the video has any official ties or if it is endorsed by either TSO or BoC?
My feeling was it just being a very well planned and executed fan-video but it did show up very early.

I read an interview with the label owner somewhere that said it was an official video, not fan made. If I find the link I'll repost it.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
The video was the first time that the public heard the song, so I'd side with it being official.

Eagle Minded
chronical wrote:Laura Palmer?

"I see . . . her. . . . She's there. . . . She's beautiful. . . . Laura!"

Opothecary wrote:The video was the first time that the public heard the song, so I'd side with it being official.

As promised..
http://www.theskinny.co.uk/music/new-mu ... x-premiere

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
Opothecary wrote:Haha, no - but that post makes a lot more sense now. The speed limit on the Trans Canada Highway is 110, so the combo of "Left Side Drive", the pic of the Trans Canada Highway in the video and the initial beginning of the 55/110 day iterations with that post works well together.

The Trans-Canada Highway varies greatly in its speed limit. The most common is 90 km/h.

"In Southern Ontario, the speed limit is generally 80 km/h (50 mph) on the Trans-Canada, while in Northern Ontario it is 90 km/h (56 mph). Sections routed along provincial freeways feature a higher limit of 100 km/h (62 mph)."

"Throughout the prairie provinces, the speed limit varies from 90 km/h (56 mph) to 110 km/h (68 mph).[10][11] The speed limit is restricted to 90 km/h (56 mph) through national parks in Canada, including Banff National Park. East of Banff, most of Highway 1 through Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba[12] is 110 km/h, but is 100 km/h east of Winnipeg. Speed limits on the British Columbia mainland segment of the Trans-Canada range from 80 to 110 km/h (50 to 68 mph). A combination of difficult terrain and growing urbanization limits posted speeds on the Vancouver Island section to 50 km/h (31 mph) in urban areas, 80 km/h across the Malahat and through suburban areas, and a maximum of 90 km/h in rural areas."

Posts Quantity
my final bet:

it's been beautifull

but it's over
whooosh

Dayvan Cowboy
Echo the Sun wrote:The speed limit is restricted to 90 km/h (56 mph) through national parks in Canada, including Banff National Park. East of Banff, most of Highway 1 through Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba[12] is 110 km/h, but is 100 km/h east of Winnipeg. Speed limits on the British Columbia mainland segment of the Trans-Canada range from 80 to 110 km/h (50 to 68 mph). A combination of difficult terrain and growing urbanization limits posted speeds on the Vancouver Island section to 50 km/h (31 mph) in urban areas, 80 km/h across the Malahat and through suburban areas, and a maximum of 90 km/h in rural areas."

The park itself aside, the region pictured in the video has that 110 km/h speed limit. Video "113" in their playlist is also set in Saskatchewan during a blizzard.

Like I mentioned in my last post, I had a feeling in the end that 9/9 would amount to nothing, maybe a chance to finally post about Sometimes at the very most. Removing the Broken Drum post and therefore opening up that new 55 day span right before 9/9 occurred just smelled too much like a tease drawing attention to the upcoming date.

The 11/3 date works really well because you get interesting dates exactly 55 days before and after it - 9/9 or 12/28 - the latter sort of combines last year's and this year's numeric concept into one date, it also slots into the iterations of 14 that they've been using this year for posting dates.

6/6 -> 7/31 (55 days)

10/14 -> 12/8 (55 days)
12/8 -> 3/28 (110 days)
3/28 -> 11/3 (220 days, noting the 3/11 posting deleted on 3/28 as well)

11/3 -> 12/28 (55 days)

Dayvan Cowboy
Opothecary wrote:
Echo the Sun wrote:
6/6 -> 7/31 (55 days)

10/14 -> 12/8 (55 days)
12/8 -> 3/28 (110 days)
3/28 -> 11/3 (220 days, noting the 3/11 posting deleted on 3/28 as well)

11/3 -> 12/28 (55 days)

So what you are saying is that if we modify an '84 Pontiac and get it up to 55 mph on the Trans Canada Highway, we will be teleported to a stretch of the M9 just outside of Hexagon Sun?

Friendly Stranger
Maybe this discussion will have to get to 550 pages before a new release is mentioned.

In which case, keep going as I could do with a new release.
Even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day

Eagle Minded
So they've just tweeted, over to you Opothecary?

Eagle Minded
BOC tweeted Amo Bishop Roden just now....

Pattern is blown....

Eagle Minded
Interestingly Mike S has also retweeted this from his personal twitter account. It's his only tweet.

Boqurant
Opothecary is on it! Predicted that 9/9 something will happen right? It's 12/9 now and they tweeted. So, his math has to be corrected a bit hmm?

Dayvan Cowboy

Dayvan Cowboy
A friendly stranger appears and the pattern still holds. Is something going to happen in this "annexe" soon? Where'd that retweet go Peacock Tail? Maybe he deleted it when it was noted here.

Eagle Minded
I can still see the tweet Opothecary.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada