Mike Sandison's Twitter account - first post

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Joined Twitter in January 2011, first tweet today:

https://twitter.com/MikeSandison

The tweet just links to @BOCTransmission, so not enormously exciting, but still interesting...

Telepath
MIKE GOING SOLO? OMGOMG CALL VICE

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:MIKE GOING SOLO? OMGOMG CALL VICE

''I just cannae take it! Marcus's sandalwood incense addiction has gotten out of hand and he just isn't the same person anymore.'' - Mike's first Solo EP 'Oneism' followed by the feature length 'Me-ogaddi' will be dropping next August.

Dayvan Cowboy
Maybe, but I think it's just ARG related trolling

35 tweets = half of Music 70, good time for a "solo" account to surface as part of their thing, even if you aren't following along with their other social media activity

Sherbet Head
Mike Has The Right To Twitter :lol:

Sherbet Head
Show me the Image or GTFO.

Posts Quantity
Right

Also, this account follows @boctransmission, but they don't follow back. Something's off.

Eagle Minded
Perhaps he's just only remembered the login password.

Dayvan Cowboy
I am sure they will authenticate this in their own way soon - amazing how provocative they can be not even saying a single word.

Eagle Minded
someone channel mdg pls

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm still not convinced this is a real account. Remember this thread?

viewtopic.php?p=159763

Dayvan Cowboy
ryetronics wrote:I'm still not convinced this is a real account. Remember this thread?

viewtopic.php?p=159763

The stakes are currently are a little bit different than what surrounded that fake Marcus account...

I don't want too much of the speculation thread to bleed through over here, but a theorized component of their current theoretical ongoing ARG (yeah...) involves adding their combined tweets and likes together and referencing it against their official Youtube playlist. That sum hit 85 an hour before the Mike Sandison account surfaced, which corresponds to video 85 - Beware the Friendly Stranger - so something like this happening isn't too surprising given that events surrounding changes in the sum are usually relevant to whatever song title it ends up landing on that day.

I don't think they will bother verifying that Mike Sandison account through official channels even if its real, but I think the official account will like its post or follow it at some point which will succeed in getting everyone worked up again and authenticating it in the minds of the fanbase.

Right now, if its real, its par for the course in their ARG, which has 100% thrived on ambiguity and obscurity - I guarantee that you will never see mdg step in and comment on the proceedings either!

Dayvan Cowboy
But the Marcus twitter account is extremely similar to this MIke account. Both were started within a few months of each other, both only have 1 post and following one, and both have around 250 followers. If the Marcus account is deemed a fake, then the Mike account should be considered to be fake as well, no?

Dude, if the ARG ends up being real, you'll be the ONLY Boc fan to see it and enjoy it. Wouldn't that be something?!

Dayvan Cowboy
ryetronics wrote:But the Marcus twitter account is extremely similar to this MIke account. Both were started within a few months of each other, both only have 1 post and following one, and both have around 250 followers. If the Marcus account is deemed a fake, then the Mike account should be considered to be fake as well, no?

Dude, if the ARG ends up being real, you'll be the ONLY Boc fan to see it and enjoy it. Wouldn't that be something?!

It would be cool to crack the code, but I always say I would have preferred a group effort. I'd like to think they'd want someone or multiple somebodies to reciprocate by noticing what they've been up to, so this is purely about being a fan and solving a puzzle that they took the effort to put in front of us.

About the account, I don't think that the assumed similarities are really that similar after all. The Mike account actually links to their correct Twitter and all that - and I'm pretty sure it wasn't known of until yesterday. It only had like 170 followers when I first saw it, which was at least a couple of hours after it made itself known, so most of those followers are brand new.

Again, hate to bring the ARG data out of its proper thread but the pattern so far this year is like this:

3x28 = 84 - Dayvan Cowboy

6x7 = 42 - Tweeting about new T-shirts
6x7 = 42 - Liking a reply to their t-shirt tweet

9+13 = 21 - Amo Bishop Roden
10+11 = 21 - Liking Mike's post?

Liking his post would also land us at video 86 - "In the Annexe" - again, a relevant song title for that type of move.

Waiting a few weeks to react to that account is in character with the slow burn of this thing, and authenticating the other account that way as the last move of the game is kind of cool and gives people something kind of interesting to discuss between now and whatever announcement happens - ie. is it a solo record? are they trolling, etc - regarding a potential solo record, video 88 is "Pete Standing Alone" - a number they will be at very soon, so add that to the speculation fire.

I hope I haven't taken the wind out of their future intentions regarding any possible interaction with the maybe real/maybe not Mike account, but that's how I'd do things if I were them and trying to stay in the spirit of what they've been up to prior to that.

Eagle Minded
I've followed the Mike S account for quite some time, probably over a year. I'd forgotten I had actually, which was why it was such a surprise when the tweet appeared in my feed.

Bizarrely, I never thought to look for Marcus E as I looked for Marcus S instead..... d'oh!

If I'd have seen that code on the Marcus account earlier, I would definitely have entered that into the Cosecha website.... damn!

Telepath
Opothecary wrote:Maybe, but I think it's just ARG related trolling

mdg wrote:Hello everyone, yeah sorry to say this is meaningless. The string of characters you are looking into is random. There's no ARG. BOC will have a new site up at some point with news of what they're doing.

Dayvan Cowboy
There was no ARG at the time of mdg's comments. It started on June 6th of last year.

Boqurant
Btw, I'm tweeting him to send me the full album of closes vol1

Dayvan Cowboy
Emmet@lego wrote:Btw, I'm tweeting him to send me the full album of closes vol1

I wish you the best of luck

Happy Cycler
realspiel wrote:Perhaps he's just only remembered the login password.

I laughed much harder at that than I should have.

My guess remains the same. We're due for a release, probably no > 16 months.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Next

Return to Boards of Canada