GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Peacock Tail wrote:I can still see the tweet Opothecary.

You can see in the screenshot in my last post there's just the one tweet on the account, linking back to the official BoC twitter.

Also, LOL at the Berselius callout in the comments of that tweet. I wish people were like "wow, 9 + 12 = 21 still fits in with what's going on" rather than always trying to find a way to cut other people down. Once 9/9 passed, nothing between now and 11/3 really matters - but it is nice to NOT be contradicted with this new post, along with some further evidence that the one section of the video playlist continues to be relevant as well. Nothing but smiles over here

Dayvan Cowboy
...and Broken Drum is back too, expert level trolling, LOL

Sherbet Head
quite perplexed by the mike sandison twitter account

solo album?

Dayvan Cowboy
Time to take a deep dive on the new information, one interesting thing to note is that this is the first time one of these tweets has been shared directly from inside of a playlist. This is NOT the usual official playlist and it has some other interesting stuff going on. Amo Bishop Roden is video "17" from this list.

It's also nice to see that this post effectively ends any ambiguity about something happening on October 11th or November 10th for the theoretical 21 slot. Remember that tracks 10 and 11 from TH (Palace Posy and Split Your Infinities) were placed suspiciously at the top of the list above tracks 2 and 17 at their Soundcloud account.

So going back to Amo Bishop Roden, video 17, that's the year, but more importantly for our purposes, let's also think of the last track from TH, Semena Mertvykh, it has a Russian title.

Keeping in mind that the last number missing from the sequence is 14, let's stroll over to the official video playlist, we note that video 14 is Palace Posy (sitting at the top of their Soundcloud account as well, as mentioned earlier) and was posted by "Юрий Гагарин" back in 2014. This video is Russian as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZhGfzu ... 914A7EF3A2

The point of all that is that we need to take a trip to Russia to properly see what we've been given today. Shift your time zone to UTC +3 and we get something very interesting when we look at BoC's tweet vs Mike's tweet - a perfect 24 hour sum between the two, with my previous prediction for the release date hanging out over on Mike's side:

Lastly, Amo Bishop Roden is the only BoC song title besides Hey Saturday Sun that can be split into a 11/3 character pairing, ie:

Amo/Bishop Roden

Hey/Saturday Sun
Hey Saturday/Sun

You may recall that when the 3/11/12 tweet was deleted, this temporarily caused their tweet/like sum to drop to 78, landing at video 78 on the playlist (Hey Saturday Sun, now a video marked private)

So long story short:

11/3 -> 12/28

Eagle Minded
Opothecary wrote:11/3 -> 12/28

Bless. Still waiting on confirmation of some sort on the new twitter account, but damn.

Boqurant
Opothecary wrote:Image

looks similar, from the youtube account. possible ne record cover
Palace Posy

Dayvan Cowboy
Good catch, you're probably right. The lighting seems similar.

Eagle Minded
Personally I'm still excited of the prospect of a new website for http://www.boardsofcanada.com that MDG mentioned, I guess time will tell. I was bummed out when they got rid of it and just linked it to their Bleep page, kinda just renders their art as mere product which takes the magic out of it imo.

I hope they create the new site in a clandestine way, maybe it already exists and is floating out there in the vastness of internet space, just waiting for someone to fall into its nostalgic black hole, much like the cosecha transmisiones site used to be.
"The patience of a true enthusiast is unlimited." - Albert Camus

Eagle Minded
I think the next album's far off. Hope I'm wrong.

Eagle Minded
rick7487 wrote:Personally I'm still excited of the prospect of a new website for http://www.boardsofcanada.com that MDG mentioned, I guess time will tell. I was bummed out when they got rid of it and just linked it to their Bleep page, kinda just renders their art as mere product which takes the magic out of it imo.

I hope they create the new site in a clandestine way, maybe it already exists and is floating out there in the vastness of internet space, just waiting for someone to fall into its nostalgic black hole, much like the cosecha transmisiones site used to be.

I clicked on the link just *hoping* that by some magic I would be taken to a new page...

However, here's a funny little change.

I've been needing to have my job reevaluated for a while now, and delay after delay, new CIO, the whole nine yards...well finally it's done and it came with a job title change...

My official job title is now "Information Technology Services Business Operations Coordinator."

Yeah that's abbreviated as "ITSBOC" hahaha! I'm pretty happy with at least that portion of the change :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Eagle Minded
drixlin wrote:
rick7487 wrote:Personally I'm still excited of the prospect of a new website for http://www.boardsofcanada.com that MDG mentioned, I guess time will tell. I was bummed out when they got rid of it and just linked it to their Bleep page, kinda just renders their art as mere product which takes the magic out of it imo.

I clicked on the link just *hoping* that by some magic I would be taken to a new page...

I've been needing to have my job reevaluated for a while now, and delay after delay, new CIO, the whole nine yards...well finally it's done and it came with a job title change...

My official job title is now "Information Technology Services Business Operations Coordinator."

Yeah that's abbreviated as "ITSBOC" hahaha! I'm pretty happy with at least that portion of the change :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You going to do one piece of work every few years too?

Boqurant
Probably mentioned elsewhere on here already but interesting to note the Orange Romeda (Unmixed) entry at the top of the track list on boardsofcanada.com, from the new Lone album.

Posts Quantity
Kamiki wrote:Probably mentioned elsewhere on here already but interesting to note the Orange Romeda (Unmixed) entry at the top of the track list on boardsofcanada.com, from the new Lone album.

Full tracklist here:

https://bleep.com/release/88069-lone-lone-dj-kicks

Looks good - I've been getting into Lone over the past year or so

Eagle Minded
Peacock Tail wrote:
drixlin wrote:I clicked on the link just *hoping* that by some magic I would be taken to a new page...

You going to do one piece of work every few years too?

Well, there has been complaints about quantity of work - quality is always top notch, so pretty similar again, IMHO. Ha!
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Dayvan Cowboy
- 2 new likes today, one of which is from 9/12 (just like how they both tweeted and liked on 6/7 as well)

- Combined tweets and likes now 87. Today's video from the playlist is "Chomsky / Telephasic Workshop" - Chomsky has a really interesting birthday for our purposes - 12/7/1928.

- What's special about today? It's 21 days from their next shot at 21 (10/11)

- I think they will finally interact with Mike's account on 10/11, if it's real - Just a gut feeling. His supposed account surfaced with activity the same day BoC hit video 85 (Beware the Friendly Stranger) - the other instance of "Beware the Friendly Stranger" is video 43 - their "followers" total is currently at ~42,9k and is regularly incremented using obvious Twitter bots, so hitting 43k and interacting with his account has a pretty good chance at (intentionally) synchronizing.

- Video 88 is on deck - "Pete Standing Alone", so some type of interaction with Mike's account as the next move kind of makes sense as above.

- Video 90 is "84 Pontiac Dream" - maybe that's the end .

- Poor Bibio with a new album on 11/3, didn't Silver Wilkinson come out like a month or two before TH too? I always felt like that album got overshadowed a little by BoC's comeback, since I probably consider Bibio to be the closest thing on the Warp roster to their aesthetic.

Boqurant
Palace Posy

Dayvan Cowboy
CKAT-1 wrote:https://bleep.com/release/89708-bibio-phantom-brickworks

RIght on, really looking forward to this. I like poppy Bibio but this feels like it could be a throwback of sorts which would be really cool. Anyways, it's funny that it's coming out on 11/3.

Eagle Minded
Opothecary wrote:

RIght on, really looking forward to this. I like poppy Bibio but this feels like it could be a throwback of sorts which would be really cool. Anyways, it's funny that it's coming out on 11/3.

Anyone else notice that one of the promo videos for the new Bibio album on the Warp Records Facebook page has a hexagon in it for a second?

Sherbet Head
Nottoolate wrote:
Opothecary wrote:

Anyone else notice that one of the promo videos for the new Bibio album on the Warp Records Facebook page has a hexagon in it for a second?

yeah! and it's not the song we can listen to already, hm. Full video+single incoming? :)

Dayvan Cowboy
Nottoolate wrote:Anyone else notice that one of the promo videos for the new Bibio album on the Warp Records Facebook page has a hexagon in it for a second?

I don't think I would have caught it if you hadn't mentioned it, but that's definitely a hexagon. If this thing is really happening, good idea to get Bibio's album out the door before the hype train is in full swing. Either way, I'm really happy to get an oldschool sounding Bibio release soon!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada