GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
wow. some crazy stuuf from you Opothecary, but also backed up by logic and positive plans towards the future. start to enjoy the ride.
Palace Posy

Sherbet Head
No way in hell is Poly-Ana BOC's tuss. It's good but it doesn't ring a single hexagon bell for me personally..

Dayvan Cowboy
chronical wrote:No way in hell is Poly-Ana BOC's tuss. It's good but it doesn't ring a single hexagon bell for me personally..

I apologise if I seem a bit slow but can you break this comment down for me ?

I have no idea what Poly-Ana is but I get that your Turquoise Hexagon Bum isn't tingling as a result of exposure to it.

I have nothing better to do with my time but wonder what Poly-Ana refers to right now. Sorry

Eagle Minded
Poly-Ana is the name of Brainwaltzera's new album

Dayvan Cowboy
ParticleGhost wrote:Poly-Ana is the name of Brainwaltzera's new album

Cheers bby

Dayvan Cowboy
Liked Poly-Ana, it didn't make me think of BoC. My wife probably would though...

In terms of more likes, the next 3 days are all interesting in their own way, stay tuned.

Posts Quantity
Opothecary,

Your posts are set at 1400, will you make an anouncement at 2 o'clock this afternoon?

Poly-Anyway, it's clear to a lot of ppl that brainwaltzera is not the next dude rocking the boat. Most say its afx some dare to think it's a coop with squarepusher (pics and visuals collide), some think of ceephax, some Vibert.

but most arrows point at AFX

For me it's some synthsounds that have a typical boc-signature in it; and the way the voices were used; I agree there's a number of artifacts in the production that make me doubt as well.

But what if they made some sort of leats common warp-multiple...

I'll classify the idea for now
whooosh

Posts Quantity
chronical wrote:No way in hell is Poly-Ana BOC's tuss. It's good but it doesn't ring a single hexagon bell for me personally..

The first track on the album that synth line in the middle

https://youtu.be/8HCXfp9yd7s?t=2m11s

Posts Quantity
Listening to the album again and some of the other SoundCloud posts I think this is RDJ with multiple collaborations. There's so many Warp/mu sounds in there I would be surprised if it was just some guy trying to emulate the sound.

Posts Quantity
second track, skip to 1.59. and hit play.
The melody = boc,
the anoying square drone = Jenkinson
the beatmishmash = rdj

In the break around 2.40 afx took control
around 2.45 the higher pitched stringy synth is from andy and ed
the break from 3.20 on is directed by Sean and Rob themselves
at 3.45 the boc's finalize with some voicesampels

3th track starts very mhtrtc to me beats reprocessed by jenkinson

I don't know, If I start to over-analyze I might just hear what I'd want to hear and that's new music from boc appearantly
whooosh

Posts Quantity
It sounds ridiculous but I get that too! Track 8 sounds like Boxcutter. I would theorise that these are old collaborations that have been collecting dust and they were finally tidied up and released under a new name. Analogical Force has some Rephlex/mu artists on it, I can barely find anything about Film Records and Craigie Knowes is based in Glasgow (dead giveaway imo). It's good stuff though so doesn't really matter who did it.

Sherbet Head
Mikey wrote:

that reminds me more of Christ. than Boards Of Canada :D

Posts Quantity
chronical wrote:
Mikey wrote:

that reminds me more of Christ. than Boards Of Canada :D

I think track 6's name sounds like something Christ would use - "mixolydian transition 18" :mrgreen:

Eagle Minded
Guys I seriously doubt it's any warp artists.
Here is the description for "Aucun Christ Q W [brainwaltzera manual_patch recall]"
"https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=InoPNAuCcEs"

Published on Sep 5, 2017
"A few weeks ago, XLR8R announced the much anticipated debut album from Brainwaltzera on FILM, titled Poly-ana. The album will include thirteen tracks of both previously released material and new outings, rolling through warped electronica, IDM, and Boards of Canada-esque beats.

Now, to prep listeners for the forthcoming release, Brainwaltzera has offered up a bonus cut, titled "Aucun Christ Q W [brainwaltzera manual_patch recall]," as today's XLR8R download. It's a stunning track built on a range of bent melodies, frantic-yet-delicate synth lines, and gritty percussion that all dance together in machine-driven synchronicity.

You can grab "Aucun Christ Q W [brainwaltzera manual_patch recall]" via WeTransfer below, with the album arriving on September 29."

https://xlr8r.wetransfer.com/download...

(https://www.xlr8r.com/mp3/2017/08/bra...)

It sounds too "patchy" to me for the type of perfection the above mentioned warp artists would create. It sounds like a guy just trying to make good music influenced by those artists, although Christ is in the title haha

Dayvan Cowboy
Track 7 sounds like a I Care Because You Do offcut, and I mean that in a good way. Don't reckon it's Aphex though, let alone a Warp supergroup but c'mon how cool would that be? :D

Dayvan Cowboy
Opthocary, I am bored.

Can you give me a prediction from your crystal ball to keep me going on with ?

Not the maths involved as I can see that is already covered, just the outcome of your calculations and possibles date(s) involved.

Dayvan Cowboy
Valotonin wrote:Opthocary, I am bored.

Can you give me a prediction from your crystal ball to keep me going on with ?

Not the maths involved as I can see that is already covered, just the outcome of your calculations and possibles date(s) involved.

Since you asked real nice, I'm going to bust out something completely new - no maths, just months.

- But first...I thought maybe we could get something today. It's TCH's anniversary in Japan, you can also do something special with the date in relation to 11/3

- Tomorrow's a possibility (23)

- 10/14 I think is the real key though. We are on the verge of "constants changing" per the number of likes - could this be the first date that they repeat, and have it mean something else this time? I've covered that previously but just a thought.

Now for the new stuff, this is by the month breakdown, hanging out in the Remixes playlist. 6 is "Poppy Seed". This started in June. We have Broken Drum as 7, it appeared in July. Now let's look at 10-12:

10 (October) - Last Walk Around Mirror Lake - we are currently getting likes on dates or days left that were relevant to the overall building of the pattern (36, 32 days...)

11 (November) - Poppy Seed Reprise - We are off to see the wizards, but fall under a spell right at the very end. It takes snow (think December) to finally wake us up.

12 (December) - Childrens Prison (Poppy Seed Reprise) - This has the 2+2=22 visual. It's also the only video that appears in the main playlist as well as a repeat, entry 55.

If we think of the beginning (June 2016) as 6 - Poppy Seed and November/December 2017 (11/12) as Poppy Seed Reprise, with Broken Drum included to make you take notice of the concept, there you go.

Playlist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzjoArx ... 123DD7D53B

There you go, no math just months.

Dayvan Cowboy
The problem with numbers, and numerology in general, is that you can slice and dice it any way you want and find patterns, because it is based on something that is riddled in patterns, mathematics. We are wired for that... while I do salute the effort, Opothecary, I think it is nothing more than cerebral (numeral) masturbation towards wishful thinking. I don't want to come across as being harsh or demeaning, just my two Canadian cents... (oh wait, we don't have pennies no more...) :}

The next album will drop when it does, and the silence from mgd I think is ominous, they're busy.
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Boqurant
Mikey wrote:I think track 6's name sounds like something Christ would use - "mixolydian transition 18" :mrgreen:

"
The Mixolydian Scale (or mode) is one of the modal scales. They are all origins of ancient Greek music and are used in modern music like jazz and funk. You may recognize the dominant pattern in the interval: 1 2 3 4 5 6 b7. Compare this to the dominant 7th chord with scale steps 1 3 5 b7.

Modes are alternative tonalities (scales) that can be derived from the familiar major scale by starting on a different scale tone. Music that uses the traditional major scale can be said to be in the Ionian mode. For example, in the key of C, the Ionian scale would be C D E F G A B. The other familiar mode is Aeolian.

Mixolydian mode may refer to one of three things: the name applied to one of the ancient Greek harmoniai or tonoi, based on a particular octave species or scale; one of the medieval church modes; a modern musical mode or diatonic scale, related to the medieval mode.
"

Dayvan Cowboy
reflex17 wrote:
Mikey wrote:I think track 6's name sounds like something Christ would use - "mixolydian transition 18" :mrgreen:

"
The Mixolydian Scale (or mode) is one of the modal scales. They are all origins of ancient Greek music and are used in modern music like jazz and funk. You may recognize the dominant pattern in the interval: 1 2 3 4 5 6 b7. Compare this to the dominant 7th chord with scale steps 1 3 5 b7.

Modes are alternative tonalities (scales) that can be derived from the familiar major scale by starting on a different scale tone. Music that uses the traditional major scale can be said to be in the Ionian mode. For example, in the key of C, the Ionian scale would be C D E F G A B. The other familiar mode is Aeolian.

Mixolydian mode may refer to one of three things: the name applied to one of the ancient Greek harmoniai or tonoi, based on a particular octave species or scale; one of the medieval church modes; a modern musical mode or diatonic scale, related to the medieval mode.
"

Groovy.
Happy first post !
I think a safe bet is taking a left down the hallway into the function room where there are people debating over BoC related conspiracies. Its pretty smokey in there though and there are rumors that the drinks have been spiked.
There's someone wearing a face-veil that has locked themselves in the Gents and we suspect, at this point, that it is MDG sent to keep an eye on us.

Needless to say, use the ladies if you are bursting because MDG's been in there for a good few months now surviving on twiglets slid under the door by Mexi when he thinks no one is looking.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada