GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Pork scratchings on Fridays.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:Pork scratchings on Fridays.

I actually wrote that originally but edited it to Twiglets when I realised that Pork Scratchings would be rather more difficult to individually slide under the door to the gents.

I'm guessing that if you do the special knock, he'll leave it slightly ajar to allow for larger varieties of pub snacks to be smuggled in but I assume you aren't at Liberty to discuss that.

Word to the wise, though. We aren't buying that 'Out of order' sign anymore. Its been more than two months. A blockage can only be so bad.

I saw you and Ae pushing that coffee maker through the window when I was out having a fag the other night, Mexi...
We're onto you.

Sherbet Head
*continues to hum in the corner*

Dayvan Cowboy
OT and sorry to continue the derailment but that brainwaltzera album is very decent. I agree with other posters that it sounds more like Christ than BOC, which I happen to see as a good thing, and there are clearly further influences from Jega's really old stuff and from Deru. I feel like there are track names which make oblique references to the boc fanboyism, little nods to people who have read the entirety of bocpages. I think whoever it is pretty much has to be a member here. Say hi!

Friendly Stranger
Very first post here. I've been a fan of BoC for about six months and have been following Opothecary's new album theories increasingly becoming more fascinated.

That being said, did anyone else notice the 'like' that went up today on Twitter and was removed later in the day? I had been checking off and on because of the date (10+13=23) and saw they had liked a link to an article about their 'Energy Warning' track. I noticed this when I was just leaving work but had followed the link to the article to read later. I finally got to read in an hour later and then 'went back' into Twitter from the article and the 'like' had been taken down.

Anyone else catch this? Opothocary, thoughts?

Dayvan Cowboy
OrangeRomeda wrote:Very first post here. I've been a fan of BoC for about six months and have been following Opothecary's new album theories increasingly becoming more fascinated.

That being said, did anyone else notice the 'like' that went up today on Twitter and was removed later in the day? I had been checking off and on because of the date (10+13=23) and saw they had liked a link to an article about their 'Energy Warning' track. I noticed this when I was just leaving work but had followed the link to the article to read later. I finally got to read in an hour later and then 'went back' into Twitter from the article and the 'like' had been taken down.

Happy first post!
Not sure where Opothocary is at, usually mention a Twitter like and you will get a paragraph of equations, especially as BoC have liked and then removed something.

Sit tight, he must be calculating.

Dayvan Cowboy
Valotonin wrote:
OrangeRomeda wrote:Very first post here. I've been a fan of BoC for about six months and have been following Opothecary's new album theories increasingly becoming more fascinated.

Happy first post!
Not sure where Opothocary is at, usually mention a Twitter like and you will get a paragraph of equations, especially as BoC have liked and then removed something.

Sit tight, he must be calculating

Was off in a beautiful place out in the country hiking, getting pissed on craft beer and eating Ben n Jerry's so haven't been paying attention actually

You sure about that Energy Warning article like? That was originally a like from October 3rd last year and it's still around...good article, but I always thought they liked a couple of his posts because he's standing next to that magic box...

Anyways, I guess keep an eye on October 17th, the Mr Mistake instrumental was released to YT on 2/17 and the vinyl announced 6/17...oh and 10/17 is 17 days from back 11/3...back to my Mastermind

Dayvan Cowboy
Opothecary wrote:
Was off in a beautiful place out in the country hiking, getting pissed on craft beer and eating Ben n Jerry's so haven't been paying attention actually

Jealous. It sounds nice

Quite relieved to hear he steps outside once in a while frankly!! Good on ya Opothecary, sounds lush.

Slow down...

Boqurant
10/17

strong date

will see
Palace Posy

Posts Quantity
CKAT-1 wrote:10/17

strong date

will see

i doubt it

Posts Quantity
I don't think anyone will know either. Secrets are the borthers m.

Dayvan Cowboy
Personally I theorize that future BoC albums/ releases will be tied (only by year) to MBV releases.
It was weird having an MBV comeback in 2013 as well as the first BoC album in eight years.

Like for me, personally, they are the two pinnacles of modern music.
They really understand how music works and what its purpose is.

More than just about creating nice aesthetics

Boqurant
Valotonin wrote:Happy first post !

Thanks for the warm welcome, Valotonin, I appreciate it.

I've been a fan of BoC for a long time now. A friend told me about Warp Records and electronic music when 'Kid A' by Radiohead was a new record, just as an example. I hope to better introduce myself some other time.

In regard to my first post, I'm not associated with any band or musician really, and I appreciate the consideration of the forum moderators because I can see how what I posted could be seen as "random spam". The only meaning was to discuss an idea on "the titles of songs". I think I found the definitions of the word on wikipedia, though in retrospect, of course more explaning was necessary. My user-name and anything to do with the date/year is completely unintended on my part. I thought of it long before, with different reasons in mind, and I'm genuinely surprised anyone even noticed it. Now, and in the future, I will try to stay on-topic. I was a mod many moons ago, on a smashing pumpkins fan forum that doesn't exist anymore. "c'est la vie", as they say.

Thanks again, everyone, I look forward to any possible/potential new release discussion from the community here on twoism. Take care all, and have a good one.

Dayvan Cowboy
Valotonin wrote:Jealous. It sounds nice

Mexicola wrote:Quite relieved to hear he steps outside once in a while frankly!! Good on ya Opothecary, sounds lush.

It was a nice escape, my only regret was that I didn't get a chance to check out the Bread and Puppet Theater museum which was about an hour away from where we were staying...next time. Perfect time of year to see the colors change too.

I'm boring and get out all the time Mexi, but I have the self awareness to realize that if you mostly know me from the context of this thread, I can't argue with you, lol.

Dayvan Cowboy
In the spirit of it being the 16th and with 2016 being the year of plenty of buildup and no payoff, let's talk about how they can move the goalposts one more time past the speculated 11/3 -> 12/28.

This theoretical last move would kind of work within the spirit of the pattern so far, but I feel like it would be a betrayal in other aspects of it (ie. we already have the "36" bookend for 2017, which is what began 2016, but there has also been further activity since then, and weird stuff like the Childrens Prison video being both video 55 in the main playlist and 12 in the remixes playlist, the only one like that)

Numbers and dates that we currently deem important:

11/3
12/28

55 days
110 days

- What if they sleep on 11/3 and 12/28 is just typical noise or some other small move? We should logically go back to March 11th, which is what disappeared on us on the first day of the pattern this year.

- There were 110 days between the end of 2016's pattern and the beginning of 2017, when the 3/11/12 post was deleted.

Let's apply a similar theory to "12/28" being just a closer to 2017 the way Open the Light was on 12/8/16:

12/28/17 -> 3/11/18 (73 days, theoretical gap between the "end" of 2017 hinted at in multiple places and a 2018 announcement)
3/11/18 -> 4/17/18 (37 days between announcement and release)

- We are at 36 tweets and 64 likes now (6x6 and 8x8) - what if they close the year on something like 37 tweets and 73 likes and just leave it like that until March 11th?

- 4/17 as a release date marries together 2016's concept (which is either 4s or 6s depending how you look at it, as things incremented by 24s) and 2017. 12/28 does this just as well though, one side divisible by 6, the other 7.

- 4/17/18 is almost the 20th anniversary of MHTRTC.

- Video "147" is on deck at their video playlist (think 4/17). Video 146 was added 4/3/17.

- "Broken Drum" is still unexplained, aside from it being retweeted on 7/7/16 and as a possible diversionary tactic to stop us from seeing the initial 55 day break between the first 2 "real" posts in 2016. Breaking "110" across 73 days and 37 days at the end would indeed be a "broken drum" containing 2x 7s.

- Wasn't there 22 months between the black box appearing and the RSD incident? This too would drag out the social media "black box" to a 22 month lifespan.

I don't like it, but there's some expectations management for your Monday morning.

Posts Quantity
Opothecary wrote:Numbers and dates that we currently deem important:

11/3
12/28

55 days
110 days

date 2 minus date 1 is 1/25 (12-11 and 28-3), 1/25/18 that's an 82 days gap from 11/3.
110+55/2= 82.5 so that's 25/1/18 at noon, an appropriate time for tickling our nerves with a sign of any kind

35days later is 29/2 which doesn't exist in 2018

So I might come back to my earlier conclusion that I'm not expecting anything

Allthough I got overexcited in hearing that output that "could have, might have" come from Christ who was involved in early boc.

(3/11 is still ok to me, m&m. Just drop that thing and if it ain't perfect yet that's a mighty good reason to start making another one.)
whooosh

Dayvan Cowboy
3/11 + 55 days = 5/5/18
(this is almost like 9/9 + 55 days = 11/3, an earlier prediction)

The greedy part of me would feel like that's a real kick in the dick

However, if in 5 years, you asked me whether I would have gotten more immediate enjoyment out of new tunes in the middle of the winter (my least favorite time of the year) or in the beginning of spring, I'd definitely say that spring is better.

The last half of April through the first half of May is absolutely my favorite time of the year for hiking and listening to BoC aside from October.

Eagle Minded
If anything ever pushes the brothers to come out from the shadows and just become regular conventional recording artists who announce records in advance, perform, and give interviews and stuff, it’ll be this thread.
preparation for a dive.

Sherbet Head
Enough is enough I think its time to kill the high pitch drilling nature of this thread totally dead in my life, I'm actually surprised I gave it as much time in my day that I actually did.

I'm going for a hike in the woods, with some craft ale and a bucket of ice cream *smirks*

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada