--The post what you are working on *right now* thread--

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head

Sherbet Head
I acquired an SP 404sx recently and decided to mangle a few beats.

phpBB [media]

Friendly Stranger
phpBB [media]

Been working on electro-inspired tracks in LMMS, incorporating a little bit of the lo-fi sound I've been working. Any thoughts? Not sure if there's enough development but I plan to write another 2 minutes in the future.

Friendly Stranger
bearhead wrote:I acquired an SP 404sx recently and decided to mangle a few beats.

phpBB [media]

This is excellent! Will you be putting it up somewhere like Bandcamp?

Dayvan Cowboy
I agree bearhead, pls put a bandcamp link, id like to buy and download that mix.

Sherbet Head
747Music wrote:
88marquis wrote:yesssss

Heheh, thank you. :)
And dude, I still listen to 1992 in an Igloo. It's something I just gotta put on every so often. The stuff you have on SC after it's release is simply amazing. Are you still making tunes, fella?

Aww thanks man! I'll have to be honest I haven't listed to it in it's entirety in a couple years now. =P

Every once in a while my good friend Matt will put on a track from it though so I guess I can't say I haven't listened at all. I'm pretty stoked just knowing you've got a place for it my dude.

Your Anvil Stereo work is sounding damn fine. I listened to a bit of your soundcloud stuff on my way home from the office a few days back, I can't remember the names of some tracks but I think it was Film score 4, was pretty zoned in during that one - pretty big stuff man, loving the depth and the percussion. Keep that up dude!

I do record and put some stuff together, but a lot less the past couple years. Very little of it has made it to the internet. I've found myself putting up tracks here and there but they didn't last longer than a day or so before I would pull them down. Also a funny and sort of depressing note: there are four tracks on soundcloud that (to my knowledge) don't exist anywhere else.

This past week I upgraded most of the hardware in my PC and picked up one of these:
http://www.korg.com/us/products/dj/volca_keys/

Hoping to start putting some stuff together soon, maybe resume a project I was working on last year.
www.soundcloud.com/88marquis

Friendly Stranger
Hey there,

Here's a compilation of ambient music I've made over the past year or so -- mostly using my MicroKorg synth 8)
https://soundcloud.com/lichtenberg94/se ... tape-vol-i

Peace,
Daniel

Boqurant
As someone who uses the MicroKorg as my main synth i'm thoroughly impressed by your patch design.

Excellent pads you made there good sir, I will be checking this out this on the reg to draw inspiration from these beautiful designs.

Very good!

Nova Scotia Robot
Bearhead! Sick beats, buddy!! I'll throw my vote in for a release as well.

TheStatPow, it sounds awesome! It surpasses what I had in mind. Thanks for the kind words, too. :)

john fonda, great photos. consider yourself followed and watched like a hawk on that there instantgram.

Chroma02. It's a good song, but could make better use of stereo width. I find only a few sounds in the mix sounding "full". It's missing some "punch" to the sound, too. It's pretty great otherwise. Good layout and interesting synth voices to listen to.

88Marquis, that's good to hear, bud. Keep at it. Good buy with the Volca Keys. Keep us posted on your jams, I'm always up for more. 8) And thank you. I'm glad you're enjoying ma chunes. :)

Nova Scotia Robot
I got myself an Arturia Minibrute and went knob twiddling for a while. I love the thing. My first analogue synth of my own! I rendered this:

phpBB [media]

It's just the minibrute with reverb added and some slight production tweaks for quality. It still needs some work. I'm gonna add some field recordings I made during the summer. Psychedelic voices and some ambient sounds. The arp at the start has a lot more to it before that song starts. I cut it out of that render. The opening with the arp will be longer and will be in more than the 1 damn key scale you hear here, lol.

Friendly Stranger
Just finished this up today as a submission for a tape compilation from a new label.

https://soundcloud.com/artcorvelay/sigil

Friendly Stranger
I need to learn how to embed the player.

Also bearhead you beat tape is so good!

Friendly Stranger
TheFadeBeta wrote:As someone who uses the MicroKorg as my main synth i'm thoroughly impressed by your patch design.

Excellent pads you made there good sir, I will be checking this out this on the reg to draw inspiration from these beautiful designs.

Very good!

Thanks man! Appreciate it. I'm down here traveling in South America now, and wishing I'd had brought it with me lol... It's forcing me to learn the pan flute though haha

Sherbet Head
Learned what a Cantus Firmus is, so I decided to give it a try for a little tune, came out nice but as always the drum part just wasn't cutting it so I downloaded a drum loop and pasted it on top :c

https://soundcloud.com/thestatpow/cantus-firmus
Suck my BUTT

Sherbet Head
i'm trying to reverse the polarity of my face. what does that say about you?

Telepath
phpBB [media]

https://soundcloud.com/flamingopudding/ferz

Thought you guys might like this. Feedback required.

Sherbet Head
Cupz wrote:
phpBB [media]

https://soundcloud.com/flamingopudding/ferz

Thought you guys might like this. Feedback required.

EQ on point, liking the subchain on the kicks and the synths 8)

Theres still room in there, maybe hire a male singer to sing about some really non-catholic stuff, maybe sing it yourself idk :mrgreen:
Suck my BUTT

Telepath
There's an idea. I'll see what I can do :)

Nova Scotia Robot
Cupz hire a male singer??? Bah! Bah, I say! Hendrik has an awesome voice.

Ferz sounds awesome, man!! That transitional breathing point from 2:20 - 3:00 and then that funky synth line is especially fantastic.

Sherbet Head
Heres a little something I've been working on in the past 2 weeks.

Something a bit techno as usual, but I've added bird singing to make it more spicy.

https://soundcloud.com/thestatpow/chicoutimi

This may be the last you will hear in a little while as Im feeling really off since the past few months, I go from the happiest guy ever to random bouts of anxiety and feeling weak, I just really don't know what's happening with me, I stopped smoking the devil's lettuce about a month (almost 2) ago (not that I was a heavy smoker anyway) I started seeing some changes but it all came back, Tried a gluten free diet with no success, I now think it may be hypoglycemia, I just don't know anymore. Im not feeling very well. :(

Take care everybody, im taking a break.
Suck my BUTT

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound