Possible new live clip... or just another fake

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Hello, been a while! I was recently scouring youtube for new fan boc videos and came accross this....
Its titled "BOARDS OF CANADA" and in the description it says "LIVE AT SOUNDCLASH 2002"... while I am assuming the track in question to be a fake as it doesn't seem to be anything we have ever heard them try to accomplish, but I still figured I would post this here just in case anyone else has any other info regarding a "Live at Soundclash 2002. A google search resulted in zero info other than this link.
https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=CAI% ... +of+canada

Fuck me that was awful. Why do people bother?

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
HAHA exactly

Posts Quantity
That was the Music 70 Petting Zoo.
P I S S

Soul_Slip wrote:HAHA exactly

For the record, my ire wasn't aimed at you ;-)

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
It's bogus, I say. The few shows they played after MHTRTC came out were pretty well documented (no evidence of them playing anywhere after ATP), and the clip uploaded here sounds nothing like them.

Oh yeah, and are we really supposed to believe that such a high quality rip exists of an unknown show when they were so anti-recording at all the other ones all we've got is poor quality audience bootlegs? I think not.
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Eagle Minded
Jango9 wrote:The few shows they played after MHTRTC came out were pretty well documented (no evidence of them playing anywhere after ATP)

The video is obviously bullshit, but this reminded me of some other boc related YouTube bullshit I saw a while ago. I can't remember what video it was on, but a user was commenting claiming that there was a private TH release party in Sydney that the boys did a DJ set at. I don't think they ever clarified their comment and shit like that could obviously be easily made up, but it stood out for some reason.

Dayvan Cowboy
Nottoolate wrote:
Jango9 wrote:The few shows they played after MHTRTC came out were pretty well documented (no evidence of them playing anywhere after ATP)

The video is obviously bullshit, but this reminded me of some other boc related YouTube bullshit I saw a while ago. I can't remember what video it was on, but a user was commenting claiming that there was a private TH release party in Sydney that the boys did a DJ set at. I don't think they ever clarified their comment and shit like that could obviously be easily made up, but it stood out for some reason.

I recall that. I don't recall being particularly enthralled in the story but at the same time, given the fact that it looked like anything was possible as all of the BoC speculation was in the air and the viral marketing campaign was still underway to a certain extent, I was willing to believe anything without the majority of the layers of extreme skepticism that usually build up between albums.

Return to Boards of Canada