Lucid Dreaming

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
VIATRIPHOP wrote:The closest thing to lucid dreaming one time I realized I was dreaming and thought "If I jump into the pool full of crocodiles I'll wake up.
But nothing as intense as you have had. I'm jealous.

Oh man. Lucid dreaming has the potential of being better than drugs if you can get into it. It's really amazing stuff.

I find dreaming and psychedelics to be quite similar in some instances.

Posts Quantity
mechanismj wrote:
VIATRIPHOP wrote:The closest thing to lucid dreaming one time I realized I was dreaming and thought "If I jump into the pool full of crocodiles I'll wake up.
But nothing as intense as you have had. I'm jealous.

Oh man. Lucid dreaming has the potential of being better than drugs if you can get into it. It's really amazing stuff.

I find dreaming and psychedelics to be quite similar in some instances.

I wonder if there is some way to train your mind. Then you could control your dreams all the time. It would so be badass. Free vacations.

Happy Cycler
Aesthetics wrote:how to control your dreams

Lucidity
ld4all

There's a start.

Dayvan Cowboy
I did it for a minute in a dream the other week...I was falling off a balcony and suddenly thought 'I cant fall', etc...I never seem to take control of it and have a long lucid one though.
Last edited by harpoon dodger on Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Happy Cycler
harpoon dodger wrote:I did it for a minute in a dream the other week...I was falling off a balcony and suddenly thought 'I'm cant fall', etc...I never seem to take control of it and have a long lucid one though.

It's an artform. That's for sure.

Sherbet Head
I want to Lucid Dream, but I can't. And I dont want to wake up and go to sleep alot to lucid dream.
hello.

Happy Cycler
Thought I'd dig this thread up. After seeing Waking Life and sleeping a lot recently, I've become even more interested in this subject.

Earlier today, I had one and I attempted to control my stereo. It was quite entertaining.

My problem with these dreams I've noticed, is that I'm convincing myself that I am actually suppose to control my physical self, so I'm putting in way more effort than I need to and that causes me to wake up. Like, while controling my stereo, I was determined to get my physical self to also control the stereo. That's just not gonna happen! Somtimes it feels very very real, as though I'm actually doing it. Very very odd stuff.

I can kick my legs maniacally when I want out. For instance, when something freaks me out. My brother has heard me do it. He thought I was nuts!

Does anyone else here into this subject know of any college courses where you learn about sleep and dreaming? Aside from Philosphy and Music, this is one of the few things I'm interested in enough to persue full on.

Dayvan Cowboy
747m, are you on the dreamviews forum?
i first registered there four years ago. it's pretty much going to shit tho.
if you want a proper forum dedicated to ld theres one called mortal mist started by the more purist members of DV.
i dont have a link but im sure google will take you there
:)

Nova Scotia Robot
Wtf? Before I made 'the official lucid drem thread', I did used the search function went through 4 pages and found nothing on a lucid dreaming thread. My apologies to SallyBear and Aesthetics.

Ya, I just joined Dreamviews last night. Thanks for the info. I'll check out mortal mist soon.

Telepath
A post in the happiness thread made me think I'd bump this 10 year old thread. Any of us still practicing? :D I haven't been for a while though I'm thinking of getting a device that beeps every 30 minutes to remind me to do reality checks, and putting in the effort in a dream-journal again.

Happy Cycler
I tend to have them.

When I dream.

Not something I do much anymore that I recall.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Telepath
That's what the journal is for. Write down dreams, read them every time you go to bed, make sure you wake up with your eyes closed and don't open them until you remember. Back in the day I also started keeping a list of dream symbols, like recurring objects and landmarks and how some dreams were connected (places and people). I had a pretty extensive map of my subconscious after a while. Can really recommend everyone to spend at least a few months doing this at least once in their lives.

Friendly Stranger
I haven't since I was a kid. I didn't realize what I was doing at the time. Now that I want that discipline back again, I always have uncomfortable, limbo-like dreams that stress me despite my inability to recall them after waking up.

Thanks for bumping this and reminding me about my dream tree fort. I wonder, If I can find it in me to return, will it be covered in dust? :)
Time to reinvent myself.

Sherbet Head
I restarted getting into lucid dreaming 2 weeks ago, restarted keeping a dream journal.

Funny thing is my last entry from this morning is this:

The brothers were talking on scene while a blindfolded drummer sitting next to them, he tried jumping on one of them but he just fell on the ground, and then it cut to the brothers dressed as green chameleons dancing and about to jump into a ball pit.

I rarely dream about BoC, but when I do its always funny.

last time I had dreamed about the brothers I was sitting in the backseat of a car they where driving asking me what rare stuff they should release next.
Suck my BUTT

Previous

Return to The Playground