06. Cold Earth (3:42)

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
SamuraiDrifter wrote:I actually always thought Cold Earth would have fit perfectly on Geogaddi, with the driving beat, number-station-style child counting, and bleak synth melody.

I can see that, yeah. The kid voices returned at long last! :P

Either way I can imagine that the people at the Detroit transmission yelling "Yeaaaaah!" recognized it as BoC because of the aspects you mentioned; it resembles 2002-2006 era BoC more than anything else on TH, that's for sure.

Boqurant
GeoDose wrote:
SamuraiDrifter wrote:I actually always thought Cold Earth would have fit perfectly on Geogaddi, with the driving beat, number-station-style child counting, and bleak synth melody.

I can see that, yeah. The kid voices returned at long last! :P

Either way I can imagine that the people at the Detroit transmission yelling "Yeaaaaah!" recognized it as BoC because of the aspects you mentioned; it resembles 2002-2006 era BoC more than anything else on TH, that's for sure.

more like "yeahhh that's right!" :D

but yes it does sound like a repurposed Geogaddi song with a drone added just to fit TH. I also noticed the melody sounds quite like "An Eagle In Your Mind." wonder if the rough sketch of the track existed further back than 2002...
nautilus | member of the orange collective

Dayvan Cowboy
Nautilus wrote:
more like "yeahhh that's right!" :D

but yes it does sound like a repurposed Geogaddi song with a drone added just to fit TH. I also noticed the melody sounds quite like "An Eagle In Your Mind." wonder if the rough sketch of the track existed further back than 2002...

Which makes sense since it is by far my favorite track on TH, and Geogaddi to me is their best effort ever, best of both worlds :)
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Posts Quantity
Hands down my favorite track on Tomorrow's Harvest... probably one of my favorite tracks from the duo ever. Like others have said, it does remind me a bit of their stuff from Geogaddi.
That Squidward crossover guy and Plaid fanatic. ALSO FUCK IM SORRY HAVENT BEEN INACTIVE ON HERE I'VE BEEN USING WATMM MORE :(
Rateyourmusic account: https://rateyourmusic.com/~PrezSquid
WATMM account: https://forum.watmm.com/profile/23101-p ... squidward/

Dayvan Cowboy

Posts Quantity
Was anyone else reminded of Cold Earth during the Grace Jones bit of the Societas tape?

Specifically 50 seconds in or so in this video:

phpBB [media]

Boqurant
thingsthingsthings wrote:Was anyone else reminded of Cold Earth during the Grace Jones bit of the Societas tape?

Specifically 50 seconds in or so in this video:

phpBB [media]

I knew there was something immediately recognizable about those synths when I first heard Societas x Tape!

Dayvan Cowboy
old earth is tired and needs a rest

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada