Time Apple in Left Side Drive?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
I haven't seen this mentioned in the Left Side Drive article in BOC Pages or mentioned in the forum, so here is something from another boc song im pretty sure im hearing at the beginning:

phpBB [media]

Sherbet Head
Crystalspike wrote:I haven't seen this mentioned in the Left Side Drive article in BOC Pages or mentioned in the forum, so here is something from another boc song im pretty sure im hearing at the beginning:

phpBB [media]

All Im hearing is a higher pitched piano sample.
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Boqurant
0:02 to about 0:05 is pretty similar to 0:42 to 0:50, except that (as Flory said) Left Side Drive's version is slightly higher-pitched and has a different chord progression. in my opinion they're not terribly alike and I really don't think that they used Time Apple in Left Side Drive.
nautilus | member of the orange collective

Sherbet Head
Nautilus wrote:0:02 to about 0:05 is pretty similar to 0:42 to 0:50, except that (as Flory said) Left Side Drive's version is slightly higher-pitched and has a different chord progression. in my opinion they're not terribly alike and I really don't think that they used Time Apple in Left Side Drive.

I can definitely hear a piano sample most likely its a other of there own samples.

Sherbet Head
I always thought I could hear part of the Time Apple sample at about 3:25-3:29 in Chromakey Dreamcoat. Ive never investigated it though

Happy Cycler
Crystalspike wrote:I haven't seen this mentioned in the Left Side Drive article in BOC Pages or mentioned in the forum, so here is something from another boc song im pretty sure im hearing at the beginning:

phpBB [media]

Is that you, Jason Sanders?

I will say this sounds close, but I am not convinced.

Dayvan Cowboy
luminousdusk wrote:I always thought I could hear part of the Time Apple sample at about 3:25-3:29 in Chromakey Dreamcoat. Ive never investigated it though

It sounds like the other loop in that segment, another of the website loops, the name has completely gone from my mind. The one that reminds me heavily of a VHS taped '95 recording of the national lottery.

Sherbet Head
Could be Gann? While we are on the subject I've been having difficulty getting the atomless flash thing to load. Using Windows explorer, have the flash installed, loads the loading screen but then crashes!

Nova Scotia Robot
I think the only remaining modern browser that will still run the atomless site is firefox with the proper shockwave addon/plugin.

Sherbet Head
747Music wrote:I think the only remaining modern browser that will still run the atomless site is firefox with the proper shockwave addon/plugin.

IE 6 or the one that comes on win 7 also works.

Sherbet Head
Thanks guys, I have tried it with latest Firefox and shockwave but the page refuses to load at all. Then I gave the latest IE a try and can't get past the loading screen. I'll try an older version of both browsers and see what happens.

Is the 'islands' sim on the atomless site too? Or is that something else entirely? Been a while..

You need an old version of IE. I had the same problem recently but Windows 10 has a version of IE buried away that itstill runs on.

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
Oh cool. I'm really glad the site is still up, in this day and age it's not often things like that live on

Dayvan Cowboy
luminousdusk wrote:Could be Gann? While we are on the subject I've been having difficulty getting the atomless flash thing to load. Using Windows explorer, have the flash installed, loads the loading screen but then crashes!

Its Gann, yes
Glad my vague description helped.

Sherbet Head
LMAO. Lucky guess

Return to Boards of Canada