Numerator has been found, here's the story behind it.

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Flory wrote:
Opothecary wrote:^

I get that everyone is hungry, but from one source all things depend, and that's BoC themselves.

Using your logic did BoC leak afot, otv2, and R35? : )

Those were validated by mdg, that's as official as you're going to get in these parts. I don't see much of him these days, do you?

Dayvan Cowboy
Berselius wrote:Do we have any reliable sources claiming that "Play by Numbers" has guitars on it, apart from the one minute of WYLTBF? The only source I know of is the review of the early albums on that italian (?) site, claiming e.g. that "Catalog 3" has 5 tracks on it, so I guess that one is far from reliable.

The “Boards of the Underground” article by Richard Southern in Jockey Slut (2000) describes Play By Numbers as “boasting a My Bloody Valentine influence in places, shifting further into electronics in others.” I think that strongly implies guitars used in a shoegaze fashion.

I think Richard Southern’s descriptions are by far the most reliable we have of pre-Twoism material, as he’s actually met BoC and interviewed them in person. Far more reliable than Scaruffi’s “reviews.”

As for the OP... it’s just a mislabeled fake put on a mix by a podcaster who didn’t know BoC well enough to catch it. Not surprising, but disappointing nonetheless (after reading the title of the thread).

Sherbet Head
Opothecary wrote:Those were validated by mdg, that's as official as you're going to get in these parts. I don't see much of him these days, do you?

Nah, Not enough stuff happens around here to grab his attention now a days. Though I'm sure if .mdg came back he would say something.
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Dayvan Cowboy
SamuraiDrifter wrote:As for the OP... it’s just a mislabeled fake put on a mix by a podcaster who didn’t know BoC well enough to catch it. Not surprising, but disappointing nonetheless (after reading the title of the thread).

Honestly, it's pretty easy for me to look at the OP as a brilliant sendup of some of my earlier work in the speculation thread. That same incoherent stylized copy/paste of a data dump with a bunch of arrows pointing at things that makes perfect sense to him but probably not too many others. I don't want to make it all about me, but if it walks like a dog and it talks like a dog...

He stole my name and my game, haha. I love it.

Dayvan Cowboy
Flory wrote:
Opothecary wrote:Those were validated by mdg, that's as official as you're going to get in these parts. I don't see much of him these days, do you?

Nah, Not enough stuff happens around here to grab his attention now a days. Though I'm sure if .mdg came back he would say something.

Eh, he's lurking. I am pretty sure of it.
He only logs in to post/reply to mail etc etc.

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada