Boards of Canada

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
hexagon son wrote:
CoBoC wrote:We aim to please. :)

LOL! is that as funny as you meant it to be???

It is now lol
Viper.

Sherbet Head
CoBoC wrote:We aim to please. :)

one of my most favorite individuals on twoism.

Dayvan Cowboy
turquoise70 wrote:knocked on Marcus's bedroom window again today, told me to fuck off like usual, SIGH...

i've been sitting on his roof the past few nights, he cant see me up here!

Telepath
bleak. wrote:
turquoise70 wrote:knocked on Marcus's bedroom window again today, told me to fuck off like usual, SIGH...

you too? i've been sitting on his roof the past few nights, he cant see me up here!

I've been hiding in their fireplace. I always climb out up when they light. Its really exhausting. I have my eye on a big clock though.

Happy Cycler
I've
"It's been a long time..."

Happy Cycler
I'm

Sherbet Head
Hi, .
Viper.

Happy Cycler
Well I'm glad we could get that out in the open.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Nova Scotia Robot
ummm...

Dayvan Cowboy
Chocolate brownie, anyone?

Happy Cycler
no you
"It's been a long time..."

Friendly Stranger
hexagon son wrote:Alzado's post made it clear that I should share with my fellow twoismers some great stuff I've been given one month ago by MDG.

I've been given the privilege to share this thing when I felt like it's a good moment to share.

We've all been craving for something new and what I'm about to share is a short video directed by the same person who shot the Invocation video. This short clip features a track which will feature on BoC's next album due to be released Q1 2009.

Behold and feel free to spread the good stuff!

god I'm so stupid

Telepath
Pointsman wrote:
hexagon son wrote:Alzado's post made it clear that I should share with my fellow twoismers some great stuff I've been given one month ago by MDG.

I've been given the privilege to share this thing when I felt like it's a good moment to share.

We've all been craving for something new and what I'm about to share is a short video directed by the same person who shot the Invocation video. This short clip features a track which will feature on BoC's next album due to be released Q1 2009.

Behold and feel free to spread the good stuff!

god I'm so stupid

haha, I exually clicked it :lol:

Hexagon Sun Official
hungry_manweaselbeast wrote:that image which a Twoismer got tattooed

you all know it stems from the TV gameshow Blockbusters, hosted by Bob Holness who is in my avatar and is sampled on Old Tunes? pretty sure most do know this but thought i'd mention it

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=usdeiJP7xh0

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=N7bOVvaCJeQ

:)

haha! no, in fact that pattern has nothing to with that at all...

mdg wrote:haha! no, in fact that pattern has nothing to with that at all...

I'll shoot the obvious question then: "what does it have to do with then?!" :-)

Eagle Minded
Not sure what to expect from the Boards at this point, since they've pretty much exhausted the underground/childhood memories/enigma-surrounding-BOC musical concept part of the experimental/ambient spectrum (IMO), not that more like-sounding material wouldn't be welcome, au contraire. But I can picture hardcore critics pinning them for "same-old, same-old" and I'm also thinking of them as artists, which direction they would want to take at this point. I wouldn't advise releasing/tweaking old unreleased material at the risk of sounding too rough (primitive). Some of their older stuff isn't as good as their newer, evolved stuff.

My guess is that their next step might be to launch something for the masses (their first true mainstream breakthrough) to some of their die-hard/purist fans' disappointment (I'll welcome the experience). Unless BOC want to stay true to their roots and "loyal" to the entire subculture thing and what they've spawned, etc etc..

Some think BOC are rich. Think again. But just like everyone else, they probably want to retire comfortably.. The time is ripe NOW and sometimes you only get one opportunity (to sell out, yes) and others who've gained notoriety (going from underground to mainstream after 10-15 yrs of laying low, ex.: Metallica, Moby, St-Germain) have gained so many many more fans than lost.

I tip my hat to whatever they do or what they've been rumored working on, why? because it's BOC I'll enjoy anything coming out of their corner.

So, let's keep an open-mind and hope for something good in the future.

P.S.: And as the old saying goes: if you love somebody, if you love someone, set them free :) (or was it Sting?)

P.S.S.: I hate Sting's new look.

P.S.S.S.: Will I get an IP ban for thinking BOC will sell-out? :o
Last edited by Totopatter on Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Cycler
damn, i almost forgot boards of canada was still around. what do you guys talk about all day? the same shit you all talked about 3 years ago? :roll:

Dayvan Cowboy
Dayvan Cowboy was one of the only songs in the last full album that was sorta their first "non-nostalgic" song. They even admit to trying something new on that one. And then they release an ep, Trans Canada Highway, sorta going off further in that direction. They're probably just spending a lot of time trying something completely new, and with that takes time to finally feel comfortable releasing something, considering the size of their fanbase. In the mean time, jakestott has brought everyone brownies to help with the anxiety.

Eagle Minded
yeah, I agree with the Dayvan Cowboy bit but I'm thinking about the type of EP that would transcend what they've done so far, played at every coffee shop/resto/bistro etc... for like an entire season (flavor of the summer), you know how it works... they could get a vocalist also to cheese things up a bit too..

Yeah, the anxiety's got me sweatin like Whitney Houston at customs... :?

Sherbet Head
an update is due,simple as that

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada