boards of canada...

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
lawrenke wrote:Interesting... perhaps a precaution to the massive influx of mail they expect to recieve if an announcement is made?

haha wishful thinking. I'm on board!
FUTURE FOREST DESIGN:
http://www.futureforestdesign.net

MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net

Boqurant
Gaaaaarghlhgl! The suspense is killing me!

MDG please give us some news, something new to over-analyze to death! It's been too long since your last reassurance that they in fact will be releasing a new album.

Oh, and btw, first post! :)

Sherbet Head
Herzog wrote:Gaaaaarghlhgl! The suspense is killing me!

MDG please give us some news, something new to over-analyze to death! It's been too long since your last reassurance that they in fact will be releasing a new album.

Welcome broski!
www.soundcloud.com/88marquis

Dayvan Cowboy
Herzog wrote:Gaaaaarghlhgl! The suspense is killing me!

Welcome!
Nice avatar, by the way... though it might make me start obsessing over Bilinda Butcher again, though. :roll:

Boqurant
Treefingers wrote:Nice avatar, by the way... though it might make me start obsessing over Bilinda Butcher again, though. :roll:

Well, just remember that she is nearly 50 years old nowadays and I think you'll do fine. :)

I agree with you though, it's easy to fall in love when you look at the old photos of the band.

Sherbet Head
SUSPENSE SUSPENSE SUSPENSE

Dayvan Cowboy
Come on Mike & Marcus, let MDG out of his cage!

Happy Cycler
Herzog wrote:
Treefingers wrote:Nice avatar, by the way... though it might make me start obsessing over Bilinda Butcher again, though. :roll:

Well, just remember that she is nearly 50 years old nowadays and I think you'll do fine. :)

I agree with you though, it's easy to fall in love when you look at the old photos of the band.

Nonsense! Still very much would!

Sherbet Head
I had a deram about that the other night squee. omgboc

Eagle Minded
Figured this is the right thread for this...

I searched "Michael Sandison" as a songwriter on the Harry Fox Agency (where musicians go to obtain licenses to make cover songs on their own records) to see if there was anything interesting in any official catalogs.

The first result, among other tracks that are recognizable, is "Echus"...?

Has anyone heard of it/know what it is? I can't link to the search results because of how the web page is... Click this link, and search Michael Sandison. It's also, oddly, the first result.

(or, just search 'echus')

If anyone can't replicate it, here's a screenshot of the Songfile: clicky

If it's something dumb, or obvious, I'm sorry in advance. I'm not hunting around for new things like a madman, I am not after starting silly hype - to be honest I typed in a lot of my favorite artists because it was cool to see their works come up. But when this popped up... I just don't know what it is.
last.fm/user/ienjoycheese ~ [hence i see joy]

Dayvan Cowboy
iec wrote:Figured this is the right thread for this...

I searched "Michael Sandison" as a songwriter on the Harry Fox Agency (where musicians go to obtain licenses to make cover songs on their own records) to see if there was anything interesting in any official catalogs.

Has anyone heard of it/know what it is? I can't link to the search results because of how the web page is... Click this link, and search Michael Sandison. It's also, oddly, the first result.

If it's something dumb, or obvious, I'm sorry in advance. I'm not hunting around for new things like a madman, I am not after starting silly hype - to be honest I typed in a lot of my favorite artists because it was cool to see their works come up. But when this popped up... I just don't know what it is.

I have no idea what the song is, but I did notice it's the only track not labeled with the Marcus Eoin name, for what it's worth. Maybe it's a track they did for a commercial or something?

Dayvan Cowboy

interesting find! perhaps MDG can shed some light on this?
FUTURE FOREST DESIGN:
http://www.futureforestdesign.net

MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net

Hexagon Sun Official
Joebot Kill wrote:

interesting find! perhaps MDG can shed some light on this?

this is possibly something to do with the warp20 releases. i'll check it for you.

Sherbet Head
Very curious! And there's no album listed for it as well.

It's listed with "EMI VIRGIN SONGS INC. OBO WARP MUSIC LTD." as publisher, suggesting it is from sometime post-IABPOITC; that work and earlier are published by "EMI BLACKWOOD MUSIC", whereas Julie and Candy (the only Geogaddi track) is also listed as "EMI VIRGIN SONGS".

I wonder what additional information is available for registered users.

EDIT:
mdg wrote:this is possibly something to do with the warp20 releases. i'll check it for you.

hot damn!

I wonder also why there is only one Geogaddi track listed, and none from either TCH release. Certainly tracks from those were licensed for compos as well. A change in the publishing/licensing arrangements, perhaps?

Eagle Minded
mdg wrote:this is possibly something to do with the warp20 releases. i'll check it for you.

Thanks MDG! I think I speak for everyone when I say we all appreciate the fact-checking and updates you give us. :)
last.fm/user/ienjoycheese ~ [hence i see joy]

Sherbet Head
Alright gang, do your googling now before the namepace gets polluted...

Posts Quantity
That site also has 'Sixteen' and 'Bocums' on Music Has the Right to Children.

Sherbet Head
aorta wrote:That site also has 'Sixteen' and 'Bocums' on Music Has the Right to Children.

Clearly those are meant to be of Sixtyten and Bocuma.

Happy Cycler
also found chromakey dreamcoat on that site.

Additional Information for: CHROMAKEY DREAMCOAT
Writer(s): MICHAEL SANDISON, MARCUS SANDISON
HFA Song Code: C2371F

Publisher

Represented By HFA
EMI VIRGIN SONGS INC. OBO WARP MUSIC LTD. Y
Artist

Album
BOARDS OF CANADA CAMPFIRE HEADPHASE
BOARDS OF CANADA REUTERS MUSIC SERIES VOL. 1
"It's been a long time..."

Sherbet Head
There's no additional information for registered users, except that I can tell you that the track is 100% licensable through Songfile at a statutory mechanical royalty rate of 9.1 cents per unit.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada