Losing A Fan

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Earlier this year I saw Terence Stamp on the bus on Piccadilly. True story. Zod takes the Number 9 into town.
I'll see you when the sun sets east, don't forget me.
https://www.instagram.com/powerline_misfortune/

Dayvan Cowboy
Well, considering that my other favourite band is My Bloody Valentine.... BoC are a hive of industry by comparison. Hell, it appears to be taking Kevin Shields well over a year to write just the sleevenotes to the now near-mythical re-masters of Loveless and Isn't Anything.

BoC? Amateurs in the frustrate the fans game. ;)

Happy Cycler
IanRedpoint wrote:Well, considering that my other favourite band is My Bloody Valentine.... BoC are a hive of industry by comparison. Hell, it appears to be taking Kevin Shields well over a year to write just the sleevenotes to the now near-mythical re-masters of Loveless and Isn't Anything.

BoC? Amateurs in the frustrate the fans game. ;)

At least he is out of the house playing music again with MBV though. But yeah, where the hell is the new album they were talking about what seemed like 2 years ago.

Eagle Minded
I sort of agree in a way. While most music is overly hyped, overly promoted, and overly played, this style/genre is sorely under promoted. Though I desire some new BoC material, I'm not as angry about not having it as I am about not having an update. I really wouldn't mind a little tease if it was legitimate; not just internet speculation. The band can stay quiet, but you'd think the label would stoke the fires just a little bit.

Sherbet Head
I suppose the band haven't given details to the label yet I guess. Plus, I love the fact that this music isn't overly promoted because it's like a treasure chest that we've discovered hidden away in an otherwise sea of crap that is the rest of music in the industry.

Dayvan Cowboy
Come on guys! We wouldn't have it any other way! We love the speculation and mystery and plus it makes it all the better when the releases finally come ;)

Happy Cycler
this "style" of music will never be promoted, it's a genre of music spawned from the sound and inspiration of one band. we're ripoffs, get used to the lack of attention.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Dayvan Cowboy
saurus wrote:I suppose the band haven't given details to the label yet I guess. Plus, I love the fact that this music isn't overly promoted because it's like a treasure chest that we've discovered hidden away in an otherwise sea of crap that is the rest of music in the industry.

Very true.

Sherbet Head
The Friendly Stranger wrote:Come on guys! We wouldn't have it any other way! We love the speculation and mystery and plus it makes it all the better when the releases finally come ;)

Amen

Friendly Stranger
someone likes to whine, doesn't he? what's the point about whining, i don't get it. is it self-expressionism or something? probably. but not much more to it.
I am interested in You.

Dayvan Cowboy

The Sandison brothers new look.

Dayvan Cowboy
The BoC Parade.

Telepath
jakestott wrote:Image

The Sandison brothers new look.

Boards of Tokyo's Hotels?

Dayvan Cowboy
If this is true then we can expect mdg to post soon saying "OMG A11 u HATER5 HAS NO7HING BEtA 2 d0 thaN haTe ALL OVR BAND5 ALL DAY. FLOMG".

Happy Cycler
if what is true? i haven't understood a post in this thread since like page 2
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Posts Quantity
maybe this?

Retrodreaming wrote:
Logan71 wrote:
Retrodreaming wrote:
polar sky wrote:
Retrodreaming wrote:News just in, no BoC this year ;(

damn it.
I know man..tis a sad day..but hey look on the bright side maybe next year?? and we have all those treasures coming out on the WARP20 RELEASE he he........

wait, where's this 'no BoC this year' news from?

*bottom lip starts to wobble*
Trust me i'm right no new BoC apart from the Warp20 boxset,as for a new album this year it's a NO NO and that is FACT ;)

Posts Quantity
Farewell fire you spring chickens.
I can see Polar's initial topic and agree about many obnoxious aspects of the repetitive enigma of BOARDS OF CANADA. There is a simple fact even beyond fan boys battling bloody. Boards of canada do HAVE a fucking dedicated fan base with greenbacks to burn on the spot. And you also KNOW those guys recieved passionate and obsessed messages about their sound. They clearly know they impact a large number of people but their failure to even throw a scrap or atleast a heads-up is evident.

Maybe they are finished, maybe not. Atleast tell the fucking dedicated fans something at some point. The enigma was only enticing for a a bit. If they wanted to continue releasing charming tapes to friends and family music70 would of kept humming silently. But warp records is a big deal aimed for spilling off amazing sounds to people like us all around the world. If they are possibly working on new tunes why would it hurt these guys if warp said " Our lovely BOC are currently working on new tunes....dates uknown... "

I haven't thought about these turkeys for a while but I finally checked these forums again after a two or more year absence. Still all the same shit. Any other real band with a partical of respect for a fanbase would of contributed some harmless information.

Whatever, 666, red moons, devils, childhood themes destroyed and recycled by us all, tacky sub-genres, Maybe they do have legit reasons to vanish. Hell I'm fair on both sides.

Luckily their old shit is fairly timeless so they can't quite die on me yet.

Hexagon Sun Official
joshkowski wrote:Farewell fire you spring chickens.
I can see Polar's initial topic and agree about many obnoxious aspects of the repetitive enigma of BOARDS OF CANADA. There is a simple fact even beyond fan boys battling bloody. Boards of canada do HAVE a fucking dedicated fan base with greenbacks to burn on the spot. And you also KNOW those guys recieved passionate and obsessed messages about their sound. They clearly know they impact a large number of people but their failure to even throw a scrap or atleast a heads-up is evident.

Maybe they are finished, maybe not. Atleast tell the fucking dedicated fans something at some point. The enigma was only enticing for a a bit. If they wanted to continue releasing charming tapes to friends and family music70 would of kept humming silently. But warp records is a big deal aimed for spilling off amazing sounds to people like us all around the world. If they are possibly working on new tunes why would it hurt these guys if warp said " Our lovely BOC are currently working on new tunes....dates uknown... "

I haven't thought about these turkeys for a while but I finally checked these forums again after a two or more year absence. Still all the same shit. Any other real band with a partical of respect for a fanbase would of contributed some harmless information.

Whatever, 666, red moons, devils, childhood themes destroyed and recycled by us all, tacky sub-genres, Maybe they do have legit reasons to vanish. Hell I'm fair on both sides.

Luckily their old shit is fairly timeless so they can't quite die on me yet.

BOC are never 'not working', they're always in the studio. They've been in the studio solidly since 2006 working on the new records you'll be hearing soon. If we had put a notice up on the official site back in 2006 to the effect that "BOC are in the studio", you would no doubt be complaining now that the notice hadn't been changed in three years.

And once again, the 'enigma' you're talking about doesn't exist, it's created out there by listeners who are impatient for new material.

Sherbet Head
there have been red herrings, things mentioned and not backed up

a relationship is a two way street, I am not having a go at them in case you want to jump to conclusions

I respect their stance on correspondence, I do however believe it does not do them as people any favours, too much pressure is put on the records to deliver, no one is really to blame, just the way it is

Dayvan Cowboy
joshkowski wrote:Farewell fire you spring chickens.

I always took Farewell Fire to be the final bonfire of the camping trip before everyone heads back home to their normal lives.. nothing more.

I have to admit though. I would really like to hear an explanation of the Red Moon stuff someday, just to put it to bed.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada