New Album Rumors

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
(If this isn't true I hope MDG can come here and shoot it down as quickly as possible)

But, anyways, someone who claims to have inside knowledge says this regarding new Boards of Canada in the near future:

'All I will say is the new album will be around Sept/Oct. I'd say work on this now is in the late stages but there is an album this year [2009].'

Even if this guy isn't an offical source, part of me believes it.

Posts Quantity
The trues lies out there
alone alive again

Dayvan Cowboy
rumours have been thrown about for over a year now - there's a huge amount of threads full of speculations and expectations here. but as we know from the past, there wont be a release until it's ready. when it is, it'll likely be supported by website update from warp and the official boc site, a handful of interviews and nothing more. i suppose having been through the craze, its nice to sit above it all and respire!

Hexagon Sun Official
Tekmosis wrote:(If this isn't true I hope MDG can come here and shoot it down as quickly as possible)

But, anyways, someone who claims to have inside knowledge says this regarding new Boards of Canada in the near future:

'All I will say is the new album will be around Sept/Oct. I'd say work on this now is in the late stages but there is an album this year [2009].'

No, sorry, again whoever said this is having you on. If the album was coming out in Sep/Oct (that's between only 2 and 6 weeks from now) there would have been announcements up for a while.

Dayvan Cowboy
mdg wrote:
Tekmosis wrote:(If this isn't true I hope MDG can come here and shoot it down as quickly as possible)

No, sorry, again whoever said this is having you on. If the album was coming out in Sep/Oct (that's between only 2 and 6 weeks from now) there would have been announcements up for a while.
Gutted what's going on with all this? so that leaves November/December??? mdg please say its coming then.
<center>de ['] ja [,] vu
nʌ ['] ɐɾ [,] ǝp

Sherbet Head
Retrodreaming wrote:
mdg wrote:

Gutted what's going on with all this? so that leaves November/December??? mdg please say its coming then.

I'm gettin' sick of this, when is this new album coming out. Enough already, god.

Tekmosis wrote:
Retrodreaming wrote:
mdg wrote:

I'm gettin' sick of this, when is this new album coming out. Enough already, god.

You're new to this aren't you? :wink:

It'll be ready when it's ready. At that point we'll be told. Until then...

Slow down...

Site Admin
The everlasting rumors..

Like Mexicola said and what have been said many times before. Once it's ready their will be an official announcement on Warp.

Let's not create yet another topic about a rumor. Once mdg is allowed to say he'll update us. There is no point is talking/begging about this all the time.
Life is a Frequency

Return to Boards of Canada