Old Casettes

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
If MDG hasnt commented already that makes me think they are legit.
Usually MDG will only drop into a thread like this if there's a hoax.
He would have blown 'dealer' up by now thats for sure.

Friendly Stranger
plazz wrote:It seems that the circle of people who have these Old Tunes tapes are different to those who have the pre-Twoism stuff. Could it be because these Old Tunes tapes were made much more recently (like circa 2000)? Just thinking out loud here.

Last year i had an interesting chat with the group Pendle Coven (longtime underground techno producers/djs from Manchester). they claimed to know BoC from way back when they first signed to Skam and were absolutely adamant that all those pre-Twoism releases were totally fictitious. i think they were insinuating that BoC invented these releases to add to their mystique. anyone else heard opinions like this??!

Dayvan Cowboy
noooooooooooo :(
if you are reading this you are spending too much time at your computer. go outside and get some fresh air.

Sherbet Head
annex wrote:
plazz wrote:It seems that the circle of people who have these Old Tunes tapes are different to those who have the pre-Twoism stuff. Could it be because these Old Tunes tapes were made much more recently (like circa 2000)? Just thinking out loud here.

Last year i had an interesting chat with the group Pendle Coven (longtime underground techno producers/djs from Manchester). they claimed to know BoC from way back when they first signed to Skam and were absolutely adamant that all those pre-Twoism releases were totally fictitious. i think they were insinuating that BoC invented these releases to add to their mystique. anyone else heard opinions like this??!

i am not surprised in the slightest. i have always been highly sceptical.

Sherbet Head
novayshun wrote:
annex wrote:

i am not surprised in the slightest. i have always been highly sceptical.

Well done, lads.

Dayvan Cowboy
man, at this point they probably WANT people to think theyre fake. they probably took them off their website for a reason.
FUTURE FOREST DESIGN:
http://www.futureforestdesign.net

MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net

Sherbet Head

Sherbet Head
Actually, more akin to this:

Dayvan Cowboy
Skytree wrote:Actually, more akin to this:

hahaha yes
FUTURE FOREST DESIGN:
http://www.futureforestdesign.net

MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net

Happy Cycler
8)
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Hexagon Sun Official
Hi guys, this is an interesting discussion, a few things: there were many compilations made by BOC in the early years, but as with most bands when they began releasing music properly on a large scale they just preferred not to acknowledge that early material. The music that has become available on the net in the past is just a small portion of the band's recordings from those years. I've seen comments a few times about a mystery "35 track" tape which itself is a mystery to us too, sorry. Another post above mentioned "Pendle Coven" and I looked into this and the band have never heard of the guys who record as "Pendle Coven", so that's maybe another one to add to the growing list of people who falsely claim to have known BOC personally. On that subject, can any of you let me know what happened to the "music70" person on YouTube who was claiming to be BOC, did the account disappear?

Sherbet Head
mdg wrote:Hi guys, this is an interesting discussion, a few things: there were many compilations made by BOC in the early years, but as with most bands when they began releasing music properly on a large scale they just preferred not to acknowledge that early material. The music that has become available on the net in the past is just a small portion of the band's recordings from those years. I've seen comments a few times about a mystery "35 track" tape which itself is a mystery to us too, sorry. Another post above mentioned "Pendle Coven" and I looked into this and the band have never heard of the guys who record as "Pendle Coven", so that's maybe another one to add to the growing list of people who falsely claim to have known BOC personally. On that subject, can any of you let me know what happened to the "music70" person on YouTube who was claiming to be BOC, did the account disappear?

yes the account dissapeard. He was proven a hoax, but I dont know how exactly
HoodedFreak on Youtube
Interface on WATMM

Eagle Minded
mdg wrote:Hi guys, this is an interesting discussion, a few things: there were many compilations made by BOC in the early years, but as with most bands when they began releasing music properly on a large scale they just preferred not to acknowledge that early material. The music that has become available on the net in the past is just a small portion of the band's recordings from those years. I've seen comments a few times about a mystery "35 track" tape which itself is a mystery to us too, sorry. Another post above mentioned "Pendle Coven" and I looked into this and the band have never heard of the guys who record as "Pendle Coven", so that's maybe another one to add to the growing list of people who falsely claim to have known BOC personally. On that subject, can any of you let me know what happened to the "music70" person on YouTube who was claiming to be BOC, did the account disappear?

thanks for giving us some insight into this, mdg. it's never necessary to give us information, but it is very much appreciated by a lot of people - even if there are some who grumble.

as for the "music7O" account...no idea, looks like it has gone the way of the dodo

Dayvan Cowboy
Im pretty sure the account was deleted/dissapeared, thanks for (hopefully) settling a discussion MDG!
if you are reading this you are spending too much time at your computer. go outside and get some fresh air.

Hexagon Sun Official
AFX.NL wrote:

Ok, on a related thing, recently Mike said they've never sold anything so if you ever see anything up on eBay that claims to be previously owned by BOC, it's rubbish. There have been a few things like this more recently.

Eagle Minded
mdg wrote:
AFX.NL wrote:

Ok, on a related thing, recently Mike said they've never sold anything so if you ever see anything up on eBay that claims to be previously owned by BOC, it's rubbish. There have been a few things like this more recently.

i feel more sorry for the schmucks who fall for it - saw someone selling a TB-303 on eBay that was "used by Liam Howlett"

yeah ok :roll:

Posts Quantity
mdg wrote:I've seen comments a few times about a mystery "35 track" tape which itself is a mystery to us too, sorry.

This is the tape we referred to Old Tunes Vol.1 until dealer showed up.
Don't say this is not from BOC (though some tracks are), otherwise I'll have to look out for the real artist of those godlike tunes. Time to move on from this forum :ugly:
alone alive again

Sherbet Head
...sorry for the profuse edits...still can't bring myself to state it publicly. MDG or Boards should, though.

The truth shall set you free.
Last edited by Skytree on Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:59 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Eagle Minded
mdg wrote:I've seen comments a few times about a mystery "35 track" tape which itself is a mystery to us too, sorry

these tracks have to be BOC. they are what i listen to the most.
MDG are you saying they are not BOC?

Hexagon Sun Official
audiotrack wrote:
mdg wrote:I've seen comments a few times about a mystery "35 track" tape which itself is a mystery to us too, sorry

these tracks have to be BOC. they are what i listen to the most.
MDG are you saying they are not BOC?

No I'm not saying they're not BOC, but the compilation itself is a mystery, just a mixture.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada