Old Casettes

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
mdg wrote:No I'm not saying they're not BOC, but the compilation itself is a mystery, just a mixture.

that's a relief.
you wouldnt have the track titles by any chance would you? :)

i would love to change my name to 'audiotrack b11' but maybe if i knew the official title.???
Last edited by audiotrack on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin
Skytree wrote:...sorry for the profuse edits...still can't bring myself to state it publicly. MDG or Boards should, though.

The truth shall set you free.

What are you talking about.. please explain yourself?
Life is a Frequency

Sherbet Head
Not my role....sorry man.

Site Admin
What's the point to bring it up if it isn't your role...
Life is a Frequency

Posts Quantity
audiotrack wrote:that's a relief.
you wouldnt have the track titles by any chance would you? :)

i would love to change my name to 'audiotrack b11' but maybe if i knew the official title.???

I wonder what kind of feeling this must be for the borthers to download this compilation and hear their own songs at random order. ;)

To be honest, I rather like those songs untitled. This gives kind of extra openness to the music for me, because I don't associate certain things with the song title but only the music. But in secret I think the hopefully upcoming bocset will reveal some titles.
alone alive again

Sherbet Head
Aesthetics wrote:What's the point to bring it up if it isn't your role...

Human error.

Eagle Minded
Will mdg respond to Skytree's ambiguous remarks?

Will Skytree reveal his elusive riddle that seems to be self perpetuating?

find out next week on Boards of Drama

Happy Cycler
oscillik wrote:Will mdg respond to Skytree's ambiguous remarks?

:lol: yes!
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Dayvan Cowboy

ROFL!! I can't believe this has never been said before on this forum lol

Eagle Minded
The Friendly Stranger wrote:

ROFL!! I can't believe this has never been said before on this forum lol

i think the forum should be renamed to Boards of Drama...at least the BoC section should anyway ;)

Sherbet Head
Skytree wrote:
Aesthetics wrote:What's the point to bring it up if it isn't your role...

Human error.

What crap has mr.X been telling u?

Friendly Stranger
mdg wrote: Another post above mentioned "Pendle Coven" and I looked into this and the band have never heard of the guys who record as "Pendle Coven", so that's maybe another one to add to the growing list of people who falsely claim to have known BOC personally.

so you deny that BoC ever knew these guys, without actually denying their allegations. subtle!

btw i'm not defending Pendle Coven's comments, for all i know they're full of shit. and let's face it, the existence or otherwise of those releases is a moot point if you don't have any chance of hearing them either way.

but if they do exist, it would be nice to think that the fans would have an opportunity to legally purchase them one day...

Hexagon Sun Official
annex wrote:
mdg wrote: Another post above mentioned "Pendle Coven" and I looked into this and the band have never heard of the guys who record as "Pendle Coven", so that's maybe another one to add to the growing list of people who falsely claim to have known BOC personally.

so you deny that BoC ever knew these guys, without actually denying their allegations. subtle!

btw i'm not defending Pendle Coven's comments, for all i know they're full of shit. and let's face it, the existence or otherwise of those releases is a moot point if you don't have any chance of hearing them either way.

but if they do exist, it would be nice to think that the fans would have an opportunity to legally purchase them one day...

As I said, I asked and BOC said they have never heard of those guys.
As for the buried early tapes, as they were, the band don't seem interested in acknowledging them now. This is particularly because they've been working on a new exhaustive collection of their favourite early work, for future release, which would take in parts of many previous compilations including the ones that have previously leaked.

Friendly Stranger
mdg wrote:
annex wrote:

As for the buried early tapes, as they were, the band don't seem interested in acknowledging them now. This is particularly because they've been working on a new exhaustive collection of their favourite early work, for future release, which would take in parts of many previous compilations including the ones that have previously leaked.

thank you for sharing that info, mdg. i'm sure it will warm the hearts of most fans to know that the so-called 'bocset' is still in progress. and i can entirely understand why boc would prefer to assemble a new collection, rather than re-issue the original releases in all their 'uneven' glory.

looking forward to the pre-order email from bleep in a few months/years... :)

Sherbet Head
Yes hats off to MDG for the happy info

Happy Cycler
Thanks for the info!

Sherbet Head
mdg wrote:
annex wrote:

Man, that's some good news.
Can you estimate when this or other stuff will be released MDG?
And, say hi to M&M for me, thanks :).

Sherbet Head
Soo what uuup? 8)
HoodedFreak on Youtube
Interface on WATMM

Sherbet Head
mdg wrote:As for the buried early tapes, as they were, the band don't seem interested in acknowledging them now. This is particularly because they've been working on a new exhaustive collection of their favourite early work, for future release, which would take in parts of many previous compilations including the ones that have previously leaked.

I smell a sweepstake for people to guess what tracks they pick off the old tunes stuff. Bookies of Canada.

Dayvan Cowboy
they'll still be more unheard stuff even if the "bocset" is released as they're only releasing their favourite stuff.
you never know, they might despise Acid Memories with a vengeance or be really embarassed by Catalog 3
if you are reading this you are spending too much time at your computer. go outside and get some fresh air.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada