How many members were there before the dynamic duo?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
I read somewhere there were 3???? Correct me if im wrong
loving my new shears

Sherbet Head
yeah, there were apparently 3 members. the third being the founder of the band christ.

whenever you have questions about BOC just go to, http://bocpages.org/wiki/About

that site has just about every bit of info you can possibly find on BOC

Boqurant
Thanks
loving my new shears

Dayvan Cowboy
There are also unconfirmed reports (if you go back and read thru interviews, etc) saying that the very early releases (Catalog 3, Acid Memories, etc) featured a lineup of 6 or more members. Of course, the brothers themselves have not given any solid answers to this, and unless we ever get a proper release of that material, we probably never will.
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Sherbet Head
harpoon dodger wrote:There are also unconfirmed reports (if you go back and read thru interviews, etc) saying that the very early releases (Catalog 3, Acid Memories, etc) featured a lineup of 6 or more members. Of course, the brothers themselves have not given any solid answers to this, and unless we ever get a proper release of that material, we probably never will.

At this point, I think it comes down to finding the other members and dealing with the legal ramifications of releasing the old material. If they just threw it out there all willy-nilly, they could open themselves up to trouble. They might not even be able to find some of those people so the possibility that we might hear all of Duffy or Infinite Sevens or "insert your favorite here" is effectively null.

Boqurant
zeoevil wrote:
harpoon dodger wrote:There are also unconfirmed reports (if you go back and read thru interviews, etc) saying that the very early releases (Catalog 3, Acid Memories, etc) featured a lineup of 6 or more members. Of course, the brothers themselves have not given any solid answers to this, and unless we ever get a proper release of that material, we probably never will.

At this point, I think it comes down to finding the other members and dealing with the legal ramifications of releasing the old material. If they just threw it out there all willy-nilly, they could open themselves up to trouble. They might not even be able to find some of those people so the possibility that we might hear all of Duffy or Infinite Sevens or "insert your favorite here" is effectively null.

So in other words, no official release of old tunes and beyond?:(
loving my new shears

Hexagon Sun Official
zeoevil wrote:

Any and all early material by BOC was 100% written by Mike Sandison & Marcus Eoin. There's absolutely no question of "legal" regarding the BOC back-catalogue, and any hold-up with remastering or curating early work has been purely down to the time involved!

Posts Quantity
mdg wrote:
zeoevil wrote:

Any and all early material by BOC was 100% written by Mike Sandison & Marcus Eoin. There's absolutely no question of "legal" regarding the BOC back-catalogue, and any hold-up with remastering or curating early work has been purely down to the time involved!

thank you for the clarification there Mr. G. Happy to read between the lines :-)
whooosh

Dayvan Cowboy
mdg wrote:

This post has made me very happy.

Dayvan Cowboy
Thanks for the clarification MDG..kinda dorking out you quoted me lol. I never assumed that other "members" shared credit for songwriting, clearly BoC is the Sandison's baby and anyone else involved merely 'played their part'. Cool to know! 8)
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Sherbet Head
If the early stuff ever does come out, it will be called A Few Really Fucking Old Tunes.

Thanks MDG for yet another helpful insight. /cheers

Sherbet Head
Wow, that's nice to hear :)

I can die happy if we ever get to hear the full version of 'Wouldn't You Like To Be Free?'

Sherbet Head
'dynamic' duo

sorry but that made me laugh (in a nice way)

It's interesting to hear that mdg mentions it takes a long time remastering and curating old material.....

Posts Quantity
mdg wrote: Any and all early material by BOC was 100% written by Mike Sandison & Marcus Eoin. There's absolutely no question of "legal" regarding the BOC back-catalogue, and any hold-up with remastering or curating early work has been purely down to the time involved!

Hello Mike or Marcus!

Happy Cycler
Yet again, someone is peeking into our bedroom window to see if we are ready or not. I better not be unemployed when new (or old) music is released. I need the cash to throw down!
"It's been a long time..."

Sherbet Head
GH wrote:If the early stuff ever does come out, it will be called A Few Really Fucking Old Tunes.

That actually sounds like I'm trying to be provocative or hostile, but I was merely being silly.

Sherbet Head
Christ. is great, i know people like to listen to MBV on downtime and even more so now as they've just released a new album after 22 years but for me.... it's Christ. that's who i listen to for an outside fix and imo is the closest one will ever get and not MBV. They say their influenced by them yes, they drop name them, the lo-fi, the guitars etc etc but in sound and style Christ. is the man.

Sherbet Head
mdg wrote:Any and all early material by BOC was 100% written by Mike Sandison & Marcus Eoin. There's absolutely no question of "legal" regarding the BOC back-catalogue, and any hold-up with remastering or curating early work has been purely down to the time involved!

Hello, any news? :D

Sherbet Head
mdg wrote:
zeoevil wrote:

Maybe they could just throw us a bone or something?

Next

Return to Boards of Canada