The 6-number sequence as it stands

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Sorry....just realized that i missed where the last code came from and just went on a spending spree as soon as we had a link.

So, where did it come from?

J

New Seed
Jinjur wrote:Sorry....just realized that i missed where the last code came from and just went on a spending spree as soon as we had a link.

J

In the header data at cosecha-transmisiones.com is an entry labeled Nuevas-Semillas.
The value of the entry is base 64 encoded.
It decodes as an http link to an mp3 file that contains the final numbers.

Eagle Minded
tradica wrote:
Jinjur wrote:Sorry....just realized that i missed where the last code came from and just went on a spending spree as soon as we had a link.

J

In the header data at cosecha-transmisiones.com is an entry labeled Nuevas-Semillas.
The value of the entry is base 64 encoded.
It decodes as an http link to an mp3 file that contains the final numbers.

EPIC!

thanks bud

J

http://bocpages.org/wiki/Record_Store_Day_incident :idea:

Sherbet Head
have any of you math guys noticed any type of patterns with the numbers boc used in the code?

i doubt they just used a random string of numbers.

Sherbet Head
Fireal420 wrote:have any of you math guys noticed any type of patterns with the numbers boc used in the code?

The Maths inside the Present
Lens Larque wrote:For a while I was wondering what happened to the Depression thread and I was not sure if that was good or bad news.

Friendly Stranger
Fireal420 wrote:have any of you math guys noticed any type of patterns with the numbers boc used in the code?

There are a lot personal familiar things in the sequence. I'm not going to say what they are, but it is quite uncanny. Alameda has it's significance also. I'm not making any extravagant claims, I'm sure a lot of people see these kinds of coincidences. But the nuclear theme seems all too real...

Sherbet Head
6992628 wrote:

There are a lot personal familiar things in the sequence. I'm not going to say what they are, but it is quite uncanny. Alameda has it's significance also. I'm not making any extravagant claims, I'm sure a lot of people see these kinds of coincidences. But the nuclear theme seems all too real...

Please elaborate

Boqurant
Does anyone have an idea if the date of the last login holds any significance? 22-aug-1996 seems... out of place.

Posts Quantity
Curious if that magicwindow poster who dropped a few hints here during the soundcloud/twoism banner clue (links to some images on the BOC FB page) was legit on behalf of the band or just playing along?

Sherbet Head
thingsthingsthings wrote:Curious if that magicwindow poster who dropped a few hints here during the soundcloud/twoism banner clue (links to some images on the BOC FB page) was legit on behalf of the band or just playing along?

who knows, but i also read on some random news site. that someone posted on twoism that we should expect to see something on cartoon network. and then a day later the first ad appeared.

Boqurant
Fireal420 wrote:
thingsthingsthings wrote:Curious if that magicwindow poster who dropped a few hints here during the soundcloud/twoism banner clue (links to some images on the BOC FB page) was legit on behalf of the band or just playing along?

who knows, but i also read on some random news site. that someone posted on twoism that we should expect to see something on cartoon network. and then a day later the first ad appeared.

To be honest, I think that was a common expectation as (apparently, I don't receive the relevant networks) Adult Swim commonly uses BoC fragments in their bumps etc. At least, I'm sure I heard speculation on these lines from several sources over several days.

Dayvan Cowboy
MindElevation wrote:
6992628 wrote:

Please elaborate

Sherbet Head
zeitgeist wrote:
MindElevation wrote:
6992628 wrote:

Please elaborate

After reading this the other day, I looked and realized there could be a lot of dates hidden in the numbers.

9-9-74
6-2-83
7-1-72
9-3-65 or 6-5-57
3-3-86
5-1-92

Granted, none of those jump out as anything special, but if I were pointing out oddities in the strings the first thing I would point out would be dates.

Sherbet Head
All of these numbers haunt me indeed. One of the three is my area code, a couple are a sequence to my SS#, and one set of 6 are the first 6 digits to my phone number. So it freaked me out a bit...
ImageImage

Posts Quantity
6992628 wrote:

maybe they're missile launch codes!!

Sherbet Head
All this talk of nuclear hilarity is intriguing.

Has anyone visited http://www.bunker.org.uk ? Looks familiar, yeah?

The WHOIS points to 'Echelon Systems'. Not that it gives anything away, but I'm assuming this is the design company who came up with the VMS login idea.
I'll see you when the sun sets east, don't forget me.
https://www.instagram.com/powerline_misfortune/

New Seed
it has been confirmed that only 2 copies of this vinyl were pressed and released to the public. the availability of four additional copies was misinformation :cry:

Sherbet Head
i understood

1st found in New York which ended up on ebay
2nd was found at Rough Trade London - dunno where it is now but a young girl picked that one up
3rd was found at Avalanche, Edinburgh for which they've decided to keep in store and not sell it.

so thats it? or theres 3 more?

Sherbet Head
thepastinsidepressant wrote:i understood

1st found in New York which ended up on ebay
2nd was found at Rough Trade London - dunno where it is now but a young girl picked that one up
3rd was found at Avalanche, Edinburgh for which they've decided to keep in store and not sell it.

so thats it? or theres 3 more?

someone correct me if im wrong

but i think the first was found in new york

and the second was found in japan

and that was it.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada