The first ANNUAL Twoism Gathering in Dorset, UK.

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

EDITED (AGAIN) 8 JULY 2013

Wow, it is really two months ago that I kicked this thing off? Time flies man...

So this looks likely to become an annual thing. For now, those who were there the first time won't forget it in a hurry. The rest of you have some catching up to do.

See you all in the summer of 2014 :wink:

EDITED 10 May 2013 @ 00:06GMT

OK, so in light of our new banner going live tonight, figured I'd better put some very basic info here - up front and centre where you can all see it.

This is clearly NOT an official BOC or Warp event!

This is a (hopefully) relatively small number of Twoismers hooking up for a beer, a laugh and to listen to the new album in a beautiful place down by the seaside. A campfire and wild camping could be involved. That's it. 'They' won't be making an appearance, although clearly lads, if you're reading this, feel free. Bring your own sleeping bags though. :wink:

PLEASE don't anyone go buying flights, selling cars, or remortgaging houses, or travelling silly distances. THEY really won't be there! :wink:

More details to follow....

Original opening post below.

I've already tipped one or two of you off about this already, but I've rough plans for a Twoism meet up shortly after Tomorrow's Harvest lands in June for a little album listening party?

This would be in Dorset (I have a very special location in mind) and PROBABLY on the evening of ***EDIT! Saturday July 6th***, although I'm open to persuasion if that's no good.

Don't want to give too much away at this stage, but it would involve a sunset, a campfire (natch), truly stunning views, good company, and the new album on C90 via a ghettoblaster :lol:

I'm all ready to 'go live' but I need to know who, if anyone, is up for this.

Anyone in?
Last edited by Mexicola on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
I'd be up for this. I'm moving to Brighton on June 1st so it would be great to pop over and meet a few twoism folk. My only concern is where I'd sleep, is this going to be a camping/overnight thing?

Well the location I have in mind does see the occasional wild camper as I understand it. It's used by climbers and walkers and some camp over sometimes for an early start.

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
Sigh at Dorset being pretty much as far as geographically possible away from where I live in England. Sounds great! Have fun :D

Dayvan Cowboy
My sister lives in Wales and she is giving birth at this very moment. I want to see the baby after its born so I might go to Wales somewhere in the near future. Would be cool if I could combine that with a visit to Dorset. But I'm just expressing my interest.. Don't count on me (yet).
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Sherbet Head
You already saw my text. In case there was any doubt, it went something along the lines of 'FUCK YES'

8)

(also means I can stop in at my mum's for a bacon sandwich)
I'll see you when the sun sets east, don't forget me.
https://www.instagram.com/powerline_misfortune/

Dayvan Cowboy
i'm sure i can manage that, there are express-ish trains from glasgow to exeter or southampton ... ill see how money goes! :P

OK - so we have some interest! 8)

So far I have Twoist, Fugee (1AM text man - tsk, dirty stopout!), IanRedpoint, Techboy (possible) and Hexagonlife (possible?).

To be clear, it looks like we'd have to make this later in the month than the 15th as two people are already telling me they can't make that date. I'll pop up a Facebook page at some point (some of you have already had a sneak preview) and then we can talk turkey and work out the finer points.

In the meantime, can I have a list of dates in June / July that people can NOT make. Sorry, but it'll have to be weekends only I'm afraid.

Let's do this thing!

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
I'll definitely do my best to be there. No dates unsuitable for me :)

Happy Cycler
Aw, you know I'd love to get involved, but any time in the next 6 months will be bad timing for me!

Posts Quantity
Hey there, new to the board, very un-new to BoC. Am in devon myself so dorset not much of a stretch, would need more details about date/times etc :) cheers
Kelp

Dayvan Cowboy
If it has to be a weekend then as long as I can get plenty of notice then that's good. Can't do last weekend in july.

Boqurant
kelp wrote:Hey there, new to the board, very un-new to BoC. Am in devon myself so dorset not much of a stretch, would need more details about date/times etc :) cheers
Kelp

Can I second this. Unhealthily obsessed with BoC yet only have lurked for years. Am based in Wimborne, so this sounds like a fine plan.

Telepath
I'd really like a meetup in dorset. Sucks I cant get there, but I'd really like one.

Sherbet Head
Rikkiebags wrote:Unhealthily obsessed with BoC

No obsession with BoC is unhealthy.
ImageImage

Sherbet Head
Am good with mid June onwards. Nowt planned for second half of the month or in July as far as I can tell..
I'll see you when the sun sets east, don't forget me.
https://www.instagram.com/powerline_misfortune/

Dayvan Cowboy
Only 15th June (playing a gig) and 27th July (seeing Kraftwerk at Latitude) are out for me. I'm good for any other weekend days.

Sounds like a beautiful location to listen to the new album around a campfire. :)

Sherbet Head
This sounds pretty cool to me, so id like to tag along if you don't mind? I cannot do the last weekend in June. but any other date should be OK. Depends if I have the money to travel down there.

Mexicola, do you know if there is some hotel near this secret place?
:D

Rikkiebags wrote:Am based in Wimborne, so this sounds like a fine plan.

Ha! I'm in Merley man!!! We also have one guy over in Blandford I believe? Dorset BOC clan! :lol:

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
I might be in Bournemouth around this date visiting a pal who is also a big BOC fan.

If I am I/we would certainly be up for it

Next

Return to Boards of Canada