Record Store Day Incident Presentation

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
Hey all,

I work for a creative/marketing-type agency and thought I'd do a presentation to the company on the Tomorrow's Harvest campaign. We do dull shit for boring corporates, but thought it might provoke some inspiration amongst some of the creatives.

Anyhow, knocked up this Google Drive Presentation if anyone's interested: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/12Qm1d-eyN1KDY6-qsB_hoRXRkM5HeUGL8C_ygtizW_Y/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=3000#slide=id.gdefe8c18_14 (The EYDIB vid at the start was "just" in the background at the beginning, coming to the fore later with the One Got Fat clue. It's missing my extensive notes, but hopefully summed everything up (the twosim gif I did for real rather than in the presentation).

I was very careful not to give away what I was actually talking about and let it come out through the detail, initially talking about National Film Boards Of Canada and the 70s style of documentaries and music, leading onto BoC, at which point people thought I was just talking about their music and had no point to the story, talking about their fans, the obsessive detail, the wall of silence etc. It seemed to reel them in, hook, line and sinker and even though as the shit talker that I am, I was hugely pleased to see them completely rapt with the entire campaign, constantly asking questions (which I'd have to knock back with a "wait and see").

Few of the people there had heard of BoC, and ultimately what I did was surely the point of this campaign - eulogising about it to the unconverted. I've already had to give MP3s to a couple of people (with the promise that if they like it they buy it), and they singularly loved the campaign and really enthused about it. Ultimately, it's served its purpose tenfold I reckon.

What a campaign. Hats off yet again.

Telepath
From a creative marketing perspective this is some next level shit for sure. I only hope companies will feel intimidated and try to get their users/fanatics hyped over something like the brothers did, will make allot of commercials allot less boring.

Wait? creative marketing and BoC? Wasn't boc only making music for the heck of it? MY LIFE IS IN SHATTERS!

Looks like I should have roped you in on the meetup promo work too :wink:

Slow down...

Boqurant
Hah, anything I can do to help matey!

Dayvan Cowboy
seems like a very interesting idea. best of luck!

Return to Boards of Canada