"Mysterious Stranger" fanvid

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
This is probably my favorite fan video for a BOC track at the moment. It's the "Mysterious Stranger" segment of the "Adventures of Mark Twain" movie from the '80s.

http://youtu.be/GQrQt8XtKAk

I don't recall how I stumbled upon this, but I did a quick search, and I didn't see anyone else post it here. I might be mistaken about that, though.

I think this works quite well. The only thing I would change is that I would keep the dialogue in, but only barely perceptible under the music. It's surprising to me that I would prefer that, since I don't normally like conversation samples or even lyrics in my music. However, I think the original discussion in the segment would work really well with the tone of the track. What do you all think?

Sherbet Head
that's great!

Posts Quantity
Here's another clip: you can easily line up the timing so that you'll still preserve the dialogue with the music when you play them simultaneously. Like I said, I like having the dialogue turned down really low, so that you can barely hear them under the track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpaRouocBes

Posts Quantity
It even nicely wraps up with "I wanna go home" during the credits.

I remember that claymation special used to come on later during Saturday morning cartoons, and (since I was little then) I used to find it a little creepy.

Boqurant
apriorion wrote:It even nicely wraps up with "I wanna go home" during the credits.

I remember that claymation special used to come on later during Saturday morning cartoons, and (since I was little then) I used to find it a little creepy.

I know your feeling, I too thought that claymation cartoons were creepy and still do actually, but to be honest with Boards of Canada playing, I've actually started to like this cartoon. BoC can do wonders!

Boqurant
I remember watching this animation a few years ago. Blew me away.

Friendly Stranger
I came across this video on my own a few days ago and loved it, it's nice to see it being appreciated by others over here. This song complements the scene excellently, definitely one of my favorite BoC fan videos.

The Adventures of Mark Twain is also really really good, I strongly recommend checking it out or revisiting it if you saw it during your childhood.

Return to Boards of Canada