Live speculation

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
Hi - long time lurker, first time poster.

Just noticed this on BoC's Facebook: http://imgur.com/fRczEno

Call me naive, but a thumbs up could be a good sign considering recent hints in interviews...

Dayvan Cowboy
NICE :)

Friendly Stranger
Techboy wrote:NICE :)

I concur.

Eagle Minded
possibly, but who knows what they will do?

Friendly Stranger
ParticleGhost wrote:possibly, but who knows what they will do?

A short run of small gigs in unusual/atmospheric venues, one would hope...

Sherbet Head
I hope they'll visit my lovely city which is home to (officially) 120k people, has no history related to electronic music and is not appealing to Boards of Canada at all. I'm serious, I would go apeshit

Sherbet Head
The alternative reading of your optimism behind the 'thumbs up' is BoC/MDG reading the question and chuckling; and liking for the chuckle.

-Snuf

Sherbet Head
mother of god...

Dayvan Cowboy
ah yeah

Happy Cycler
One of the hexagon sun interns taking liberties there :lol:
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Eagle Minded
Perhaps they just didn't want to do an exact repeat of "yes", but essentially are saying it.

EDIT: remind me how we know this is their official page and not just fan-made?
Couple live jazz Boards of Canada covers of mine can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/ntowbinj

Sherbet Head
egbdf wrote:Perhaps they just didn't want to do an exact repeat of "yes", but essentially are saying it.

EDIT: remind me how we know this is their official page and not just fan-made?

http://warp.net/records/boards-of-canada

Oh be still my beating heart.... :shock: 8)

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
doesn't matter much to me. i'll not be able to go to see them. doubt they'd come anywhere near here. i don't have that sort of money, and it'd be sold out in 5 seconds. so it goes :(
cool artists: the flaming lips|tame impala|telegraphy|shortwaves|MIWON

Eagle Minded
akrotiri wrote:doesn't matter much to me. i'll not be able to go to see them. doubt they'd come anywhere near here. i don't have that sort of money, and it'd be sold out in 5 seconds. so it goes :(

I'm wondering if they might do something that would help the die-hard fans have a chance to get tickets. They've reached out to Twoism before. Then again, maybe they wouldn't want to be surrounded by us in person.

And there's been speculation that maybe they'd play in California somewhere. There was a recurring California theme in TH and it's promotion, and apparently they lived in the states for a while between TCH and TH--maybe it was CA.
Couple live jazz Boards of Canada covers of mine can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/ntowbinj

Eagle Minded
I was thinking that they may play at Moogfest 2014. Warp is having a showcase and has yet to announce the lineup, but it should be announced soon. :D
Last edited by cubistking1906 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Cycler
Just imagining how good it could be..
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Posts Quantity
I'm going to call it and say this has to mean something. Unless it's some random warp employee that runs that page and thought it would be a cruel joke. I doubt it though, the devil is in the details with these guys and they wouldn't just reach out to a fan question like this unless it meant something. I'm counting on a show this summer, I just got that gut feeling..
There were drones..

Posts Quantity
I'm sure they wouldn't do a massive festival like Glastonbury, but if they do a random unannounced show there and I miss it I think I'll cry.

Sherbet Head
One of my actual biggest fears is that when tickets go on sale, I might miss out and then get taunted by the tossers selling them for crazy amounts of money.

Damn the pessimist in me.

Next

Return to Boards of Canada